• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Reading list

Oli

Getting serious about my diet. Last night I ordered the following:

- Jamie Hale, Knowledge and Nonsense
- Alan Aragon, Girth Control
- Lyle McDonald, Ultimate Diet 2.0
- Lyle McDonald, Stubborn Fat Solution

And am reading any article I can find from Layne Norton.

No bro science, no bath milk. u mad?

I_Ain_t_Even_Mad.jpg

links to laynes stuff plz

Hey bad boy,

Let us know if Alans book is any good.

Yours sincerely,

The mod who didn't ban you

This is off topic, but their is a bit of talk him and his crew are on the juice?

I doubt he can squat 200 like you brah, which is more impressive imo :D

This is off topic, but their is a bit of talk him and his crew are on the juice?

I doubt he can squat 200 like you brah, which is more impressive imo :D

Thank you very much for the compliment.

Yes hes a major juice head lol, not to mention the lebbo genetics.

I'm pretty strong but I look like a bag of dead cats, and I'm bored of people saying 'do you play rugby?' and my favorite 'youre really solid - you should start lifting weights cause youd be huge!'.

I'll still be powerlifting with either PPP or 5/3/1 but I want to have the diet to back it up. If it ends up being too much of a pain in the ass at very least I will have learnt a few things to stay healthier and hopefully train harder.

This lifestyle is something I'm very passionate about.

I'm pretty strong but I look like a bag of dead cats, and I'm bored of people saying 'do you play rugby?' and my favorite 'youre really solid - you should start lifting weights cause youd be huge!'.

I'll still be powerlifting with either PPP or 5/3/1 but I want to have the diet to back it up. If it ends up being too much of a pain in the ass at very least I will have learnt a few things to stay healthier and hopefully train harder.

Haha, i had that same comment at the gym a few weeks ago. "Do you play rugby?" No but I wish I could lift like some of them...

Whats your diet like now?

Haha, i had that same comment at the gym a few weeks ago. "Do you play rugby?" No but I wish I could lift like some of them...

Whats your diet like now?

My dieting history:

When I first started I ate like a normal person but boosted my protein intake to 1g. After a while I wanted 'serious gains' but not having a job i didnt have the money, so I drank 3L of milk everyday and ate a kg of meat whenever it was put in front of me. I gained a lot of muscle, but a lot of fat too.

5408_117450179811_753089811_2150531_1308349_n.jpg

75-87.5kg

Eventually I got bored of that and figured out I could keep packing on mass by going to mcdonalds everyday. My gf at the time gave me this for christmas:

maccas.jpg

After that I got to 95kg, but that last 5kg was pretty much just fat. So in the summer I started eating a little less and got somewhere like this:

26827_373781064811_753089811_3492730_3913481_n.jpg

2010 was hectic uniwise. I ended up having a massive breakdown a couple of weeks ago where I was eating roughly every second day and not training much (though I got under the bar and squat 185 not long ago, go figure). I lost a lot of weight and now look like this @ 90kg:

74550_463434034811_753089811_5348243_273627_n.jpg

I've recently fixed up my diet a bit. Currently it is:

Breakfast: 6 weetabix, 2 glasses of milk, almonds, coffee

Lunch: multigrain bun, 350-300g of turkey/chicken breast, 2-3 pieces of fruit, cheese

Post workout: 2 glasses of milk, 2 scoops of whey protein, half scoop of coca powder

Dinner: whatever mum makes (eg bake)

I really have no idea how to put everything together. I understand calorie intake, protein, carbs, fat, ratios etc but putting it all together is a mess and theres never enough fruit/vegetables for my liking.

I recently went offsite to bb.com and got some help there to avoid broism and bath milk. I'm hoping when i read through these books I'll have a better idea of what I'm doing.

he's kurdish lol, i saw him once here at a pub..topless LOL

Who recommended those diet books to you?

Thanks Markos, I'll need every bit of it.

he's kurdish lol, i saw him once here at a pub..topless LOL

Who recommended those diet books to you?

I'd been reading around. Layne, Aragon and McDonald seem to be the Rippetoes of the nutrition world so I'm putting my money on them.

My only concern is that the protein intake might need to to a lot higher (as ironaddict and doggcrapp espouse). If I'm able to organise myself however the change to 2g per pound of bodyweight won't be difficult.