• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Lose Fat / Maintain Muscle

Fadi

Lose Fat / Maintain Muscles

If your aim is to lose fat, then you’ll need weight circuit in your training. With the circuit, you can alternate with burpees on a day on day off basis. We're talking very high reps here for the circuit. Choose 8 of your favourite weight exercises. For example

1. Squats/Leg press,
2. Military press/ Upright rows
3. Crunches/ Hanging leg raises
4. Barbell curls/ Dumbell curls
5. Bench press/Incline dumbell press
6. Dead lift/ Barbell rows
7. Leg curls/leg extensions
8. Seated rowing/ Lat puuldown

From the above, choose a weight that is between 30-50% of your 1RM. You can alternate between the first and second row of presented exercises on alternate circuit days. Example: Squats, military press, crunches, barbell curls, bench press, deadlifts, leg curls, seated rowing all done on Monday, whilst the other exercises done on Wednesday and so on.

Week #1 = 8 x exercises at 30 reps each with 1 min break in between exercises.

Week #2 = 8 x exercises at 40 reps each with 1 min break between exercises.

Week #3 = 8 x exercises at 50 reps each with 1 min break between exercises.

Week #4 = perform 2 x exercises together for a total of 100 reps (e.g. 50 Leg press + 50 Military presses). Do the same for the other three pairs. 1 minute break between the pairs (not between individual exercises).

Week #5 = perform 4x exercises together for a total of 200 reps. Do the same for the other 4 “combos”. Rest 1 minute between the 2 “combos”.

Week #6 = perform all 8 exercises together non stop, that’s 400 reps then go home!

Burpees x 100 with the breaks needed to reach the 100 reps are done on a day on day off basis with the above circuit with Sunday as a rest day.
[YOUTUBE]W5oXadjFAlQ[/YOUTUBE]

What the above will achieve is the following: As the muscle fibers are gradually recruited to help with the continuation of a high rep low-load set, the prolonged work exhausts the ATP/CP and glycogen fuel supplies, leaving fatty acids as the main fuel available to sustain the workload. Check the 2200/2800 calorie food plan I’ve included on this forum for an idea of a balanced “diet” http://ausbb.com/nutrition-diet/8997-diet-1-2200-calorie-food-plan.html. Insure a maintenance number of calories to minmise muscle loss. All the best in loosing your fat mass whilst maintaining or at worst minimising muscle mass loss.

If your aim is to lose weight rather than just fat, then being in a slight calorie deficit would get the job done quicker in addition to having a slight loss of muscle mass.

A Bonus: For your hard work, you get some icing on the cake in the way of priming your muscle capillaries to lay down the foundation for future muscle growth in the type IIA and type IIB muscle fibers. High repetitions have long term effects on the actual size and number of the capillaries as well as the increasing of their density which is great in getting you ready for a different phase in bodybuilding.

Fadi.

A Bonus: For your hard work, you get some icing on the cake in the way of priming your muscle capillaries to lay down the foundation for future muscle growth in the type IIA and type IIB muscle fibers. High repetitions have long term effects on the actual size and number of the capillaries as well as the increasing of their density which is great in getting you ready for a different phase in bodybuilding.

Hi fadi,
I'm kinda confused...
Are you saying that we should do low weight high reps 1st to lay down the foundation, then we do strength training?
:confused:

thx :D

Hi fadi,
I'm kinda confused...
Are you saying that we should do low weight high reps 1st to lay down the foundation, then we do strength training?
:confused:

thx :D

You seem to find what I’m suggesting a somewhat foreign or a strange idea Lucku, am I right in my assumption? Please let me know. The article is written for someone who wants to lose fat as well as lay down some foundation for muscle growth. I’ve said many things on this forum that don’t sound “normal”, it seems you’re finding this article to be one of those. So, to answer your question directly Lucku, the answer is YES, that’s what I’m saying. As a bonus to losing fat and speeding up your metabolism, the high reps go a long way to work on your capillaries from where the nutrients make their way to your muscles. I won’t be adding a “laughing” icon though because I’m treating this subject seriously Lucku; are you? Or am I wasting my time here, again please let me know.

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/100_reps_to_bigger_muscles

http://www.getbodysmart.com/ap/muscletissue/fibers/bloodsupply/tutorial.html

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/glen6.htm

Fadi.

I won’t be adding a “laughing” icon though because I’m treating this subject seriously Lucku; are you? Or am I wasting my time here, again please let me know.

Fadi,
sorry for the icon.. i guess there is a misunderstanding... I didnt meant it to turn out this way.. I'm sorry if that offended you.
I'm new here, so there are alot of training methods that seems foreign to me.
yes, i am taking it seriously that is why i am asking you a question to clear my doubts...

and you are definitely not wasting your time here...

I'll cut down on my icons...
Sorry about it..

Fadi,
sorry for the icon.. i guess there is a misunderstanding... I didnt meant it to turn out this way.. I'm sorry if that offended you.
I'm new here, so there are alot of training methods that seems foreign to me.
yes, i am taking it seriously that is why i am asking you a question to clear my doubts...

and you are definitely not wasting your time here...

I'll cut down on my icons...
Sorry about it..

Thank you for the clarification Lucku; no harm done. Actually I'm the one still feeling new here believe it or not mate. You were here before me I'm sure. All the best to you my friend.

Fadi.

Choose 8 of your favourite weight exercises. For example

Hi Fadi,

Great, inspiring program foundation.

to clarify; i have 2 questions:

1. Should you repeat the 'same' circuit on alternate days or can you selecet 8 new excercises ach circuit day?
2. Do you only do 1 round (1 circuit) each workout?

Thanks

MD

Hi Fadi,

Great, inspiring program foundation.

to clarify; i have 2 questions:

1. Should you repeat the 'same' circuit on alternate days or can you selecet 8 new excercises ach circuit day?
2. Do you only do 1 round (1 circuit) each workout?

Thanks

MD

Thank you for your input MD. I will modify it.

1. There's no harm in choosing 8 different exercises for alternate circuit days.

2. Since the reps are not your normal 10 or 20 reps as per usual circuits, I'd be tempted to stick with just the one round; albeit an extended sort of round. Give the one round a go and let me know Mika. It would be very interesting coming from you since you've already been doing the "normal" circuit.

Again, I thank you for your interest Daniel, it's much appreciated.

Fadi.

Thank you for your input MD. I will modify it.

1. There's no harm in choosing 8 different exercises for alternate circuit days.

2. Since the reps are not your normal 10 or 20 reps as per usual circuits, I'd be tempted to stick with just the one round; albeit an extended sort of round. Give the one round a go and let me know Mika. It would be very interesting coming from you since you've already been doing the "normal" circuit.

Again, I thank you for your interest Daniel, it's much appreciated.

Fadi.

Some feedback,

Ok.. I am guilty of doing 2 rounds.. The first day i did an am/pm split, today I did it as a challenge one after the other, quite taxing but a great workout, i am getting through the first round a little too easily, but some manipulation of the weights and i will find a balance by next week. Have been alternating your 8x30 circut and the burpees.. still working on the 12mins..

Some feedback,

Ok.. I am guilty of doing 2 rounds.. The first day i did an am/pm split, today I did it as a challenge one after the other, quite taxing but a great workout, i am getting through the first round a little too easily, but some manipulation of the weights and i will find a balance by next week. Have been alternating your 8x30 circut and the burpees.. still working on the 12mins..

Great to hear MD; well done and thanks mate.

Fadi.

ok Fadi I am ready, have read the thread and raring to do this beginning Monday night! After doing this for the allocated 6 weeks ( i think it is that time?? correct me if wrong) is it right if i could go into a heavy weights type of program, similar to what I am doing now but more structured, such as 5x5 or a power and strength type style of training??

ok Fadi I am ready, have read the thread and raring to do this beginning Monday night! After doing this for the allocated 6 weeks ( i think it is that time?? correct me if wrong) is it right if i could go into a heavy weights type of program, similar to what I am doing now but more structured, such as 5x5 or a power and strength type style of training??

Not a problem in the world Champion. Of course we can do that and I'll be more than happy to write you a program. However, we do one thing at a time. By that I mean we take a single day at a time and start to build upon it with another day and so on until that first week is done. You log everything down which will go a long way in making the following week even better still (in case changes need to be made).

Very well done Modo, very well done mate...

Fadi.

That`s the spirit mate.Go for it and let us
know how it all goes.:)

Fadi if i did something as you had suggested to tekkerz, would that work for me?? i want strength etc, but i want to do this program. which would be more benefit in long run doing it this way or way you suggested to tekkers?

Fadi i have a question... for the burpees when you say breaks needed to get to 100 reps, what do you mean?

I think what Fadi means is that, if you can't do 100 burpees in 1 go, break it up - take breaks as needed. For example, I do 10 at a time, with a little rest in between, and towards the end of the 100 when I get tired I might drop down to about 5 or 6 at a time.

Break it down in such a way that you'll actually finish the 100!

Fadi i have a question... for the burpees when you say breaks needed to get to 100 reps, what do you mean?

Hey mate if you dont need a break to get to a 100, your doing well.

i do them in lots of 10... 10 burpees, rest, 10 more, rest...etc etc