• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Lose Fat / Maintain Muscle

I should have posted this last Sun after I had completed the 6 weeks. But I've been a bit busy even with the week off.

While I was following the 6 week plan I was eating approx 2200 cal, 85g fat, 138g protein and 233g carbs, as per Fadi's 2200cal food plan.

I took some measurements before and after, and the results really surprised me.
I've lost close to 5 kilos, just over 5 inches from my stomach, a little under 2 inches from my chest and just under 1/2 an inch from the biceps.

So the the big 2 are 5 kilos and 5 inches, and I now have a 4 pack:D

On Mon I'm starting Fadi's http://ausbb.com/bodybuilding-train...move-your-body-through-space-program-1-a.html

Oh and I got my time down to 12:15 for 100 burpees!

I'm soooo happy to say good-bye to the 100 burpees, only be doing 50 twice a week now!!!!

Thank you Fadi for all the support and for the program itself. I'm sure the next 12 weeks will be as successfull as the past 6.

Good luck to all who follow the 6 week program, I think it works!
Cheers,
Mike.

Thank you Mike and very well done indeed. Looking forward to seeing you lifting the heavies now!

PS: I'm just wondering (just wondering promise), how long would it take to knock over 1000 burpees!?! :D Can anyone take an educated guess based on their experience with the 100 killers!?

Fadi.

Thank you Mike and very well done indeed. Looking forward to seeing you lifting the heavies now!

PS: I'm just wondering (just wondering promise), how long would it take to knock over 1000 burpees!?! :D Can anyone take an educated guess based on their experience with the 100 killers!?

Fadi.
Hi Fadi, Yes the big stuff next:D
1000 burpess? hmmmm about a week:p

Fadi - excellent threat mate...cheers for the initiator....also, thanks to the contributors who have made me re-think my situation.

To my situation, I did this style of program a couple of years ago, but did not lose as much weight as I wanted. I also had 2 minutes of cardio in between the complete sets, which I would do twice before moving to the next pair of exercises.

I did lose weight, I did gain strength, but the results over a 6 month period were pretty dissapointing. As a consequence, I stopped! My weakness and impatience there.

This week, I've started on the weights again, plus I am walking every day...not just a plod or dawdle, but a righteous walk at a cracker pace....I've had my HR up to 149 going up hills! Very cardio unfit. This week, I have lost 2.8kg....muscle growth, I'm unsure. I am yet to get the tape measure out, but I will. I've only had two weight sessions this week, with my third planned this afternoon. (my log is here)

My diet has been pretty much the same for the two different circumstances. So why not much gain last time? The only thing I can put it down to is the lack of reps...I was only doing 15 reps twice, so 30 reps per exercise during the sessions. I did this 3 times a week, and on non-weight days, I flogged myself on cardio for at least 1 hour daily. Maybe diet as well?

If I am honest with myself, and this forum, diet must have also been a significant contributor. At no time during the previous time, doing a fat burn circuit, with cardio, did I lose 2.8kg in one week. In 6 months I only lost about 7kg in total and although I gained upper body muscle definition, I did not gain good muscle growth commensurate with 5-6 days in the gym for 6 months. I still had a fat gut as well, despite a sh...t load of ab work.

I just can't explain this week's result. I am thinking I will continue with my current path for 4 weeks, and compare the results. I logged back then, I am logging now. The body is an interesing thing!

Again, great thread, very interesting, thanks. What I take away from this is reps, intensity, diet. Back then it must have been wrong! Mike's results are confirmation enough that this works. I can't wait to get to this afternoon's session to work out again. I am actually looking forward to next week to see what the result will be.

cheers - soon to be not so fat Dave

I did lose weight, I did gain strength, but the results over a 6 month period were pretty dissapointing. As a consequence, I stopped! My weakness and impatience there.
If it drops off slowly, it'll come back on slowly, so worth sticking with!

DNL said:
This week, I've started on the weights again, plus I am walking every day...not just a plod or dawdle, but a righteous walk at a cracker pace....I've had my HR up to 149 going up hills! Very cardio unfit.
That is going up over 85% your maximum heart rate. Slow down. Aim at 110-130 for low intensity steady state work. Going up to 150 or so for a minute or so is okay, so long as most of it's 110-130.

It's wacky, but you actually burn more fat at low intensity than high. That's because it takes your body time to break up the fat for energy, if you're really flogging it then your body passes over the fat and goes for the sugar in your bloodstream and muscles - quick energy!

Overall, the best fat burner is heavy weight lifting. That's because you not only burn energy during the workout, but afterwards when your body's recovering from it.

This week, I have lost 2.8kg....muscle growth, I'm unsure. I am yet to get the tape measure out, but I will.
Tape measure is how you tell. Like me this year, I went from about 84 to 78kg, okay I obviously lost a bit, but more telling was waist 97->84cm, chest 100->107cm. Bugger the scales, bin them.
I did this 3 times a week, and on non-weight days, I flogged myself on cardio for at least 1 hour daily. Maybe diet as well?
Yes, it's usually diet.

I've a mate who's a big bloke - 6'4", used to be 140-150kg. He went to the gym and had those Liteneasy meals, got down to 115kg or so. When I saw him last he was back to 125kg.

"My PT is an idiot," he said, "he had a monthly review with me, outlined how I'd got stronger and fitter, but I'm bigger!"
"That'll probably be your diet. Has your diet changed?"
"Yeah I stopped the Liteneasy meals, now I just eat whatever I want. My PT is an idiot."
"Did he tell you to eat whatever you want?"
"No. Why do you ask?"
"Never mind."

I did not gain good muscle growth commensurate with 5-6 days in the gym for 6 months. I still had a fat gut as well, despite a sh...t load of ab work.
You were probably working too hard compared to your diet - too much energy out, not enough in. Your body can make up the difference with your bodyfat, but you still need enough good protein and vitamins and minerals to build up the muscles.

As for the gut, ab work is pointless. You don't reduce fat by working that spot. Fat is processed for energy in the liver, and comes from all over the body. The first place it went on will be the last place it comes off, sorry. That's us blokes, guts.

I just can't explain this week's result. I am thinking I will continue with my current path for 4 weeks, and compare the results. I logged back then, I am logging now. The body is an interesing thing!
Absolutely! Stick with each plan for at least a month, see what happens.