• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Mickdog

Whey Protein Concentrate or Isolate? What should I use? Whats the difference? About to buy some and would like some advice. Thanks in advance

You should do a search on this mate, Shrek I recall gave some info. WPI has less carb and fat content, slightly higher protein per 100 gms, and is more expensive.

Guys who are careful about cutting sometimes prefer it to WPC if they're prepared to pay the extra. Lot of guys on the forum go with WPC however. Taste-wise the WPC is a lot sweeter.

You should do a search on this mate, Shrek I recall gave some info. WPI has less carb and fat content, slightly higher protein per 100 gms, and is more expensive.

Guys who are careful about cutting sometimes prefer it to WPC if they're prepared to pay the extra. Lot of guys on the forum go with WPC however. Taste-wise the WPC is a lot sweeter.

Thanks mate. I might go for WPC. Just not sure about the ones on ebay. Might buy it from the local Go Vita store.

I don't use protein powder much these days but I use WPI because of the lower lactose content (laCTOSE INTOLERANT), BUT IF YOU CAN HANDLE LACTOSE AND DON'T MIND A FEW EXTRA GRAMS OF CARBS THEN wpc IS YOU BEST BET, MUCH CHEAPER TOO.

sorry about caps.

i like WPC, the stuff i get tastes better than WPI and i like that its not as fast absorbing.

Yeah but only by a matter of minutes.
I remeber reading somewhere that WPC takes about 7-10 minutes longer...bugger all really, so WPC is much better value for money.

WPC has much longer chains of amino acids and can take up to 4 hours to digest, where WPI takes an hour or less. The whole reason WPI was developed was to increase speed of absorption rates. Whey Protein Hydroylsate is faster again with a higher concentration of di, tri & oligo peptides.

WPC has much longer chains of amino acids and can take up to 4 hours to digest, where WPI takes an hour or less. The whole reason WPI was developed was to increase speed of absorption rates. Whey Protein Hydroylsate is faster again with a higher concentration of di, tri & oligo peptides.
Wow...peptides.. :D

I don't know why people were saying WPC is sweeter. That comes down to the artificial sweeteners added, the is totally up to the manufacturer.

Whether you chose WPC or WPI will come down to digestibility. I know personally that my insides feel like they've been put in a blender when I consume a high WPC blend.

Fark Sherk used to get emotional about protein!

I've got iron guts, WPC all the whey (see what I did there??)

my most recent purchases, after a very long break from protein powders (and just consuming good food).

few months ago got a wpc/wpi blend. it didn't mix for shit. taste ok but i did notice some stinky farts (could have been the lactose in wpc)???

just today got the same brand, just hydrolysed wpi.

will report if theres any differences, its purely for post workout, so really don't need slow release. that i get with real food. (both same brand have a hoast of vitamins and glutamine etc etc too, so should be equivalent to eachother, basically pretending to be ON WHEY GOLD STANDARD)

and btw, peptide is just another work for amino acids joined to make longer chains.

Why does everyone harp on about ON Whey Gold Standard. Is that stuff really as the name suggests? I have never tried it!