• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Supplement reviews

SUPPLEMENT REVIEW BIOFLEX BIOCHARGE Raspberry

This product Ben from BioFlex modified for me by adding in caffeine 10mg per 100grams to see whether i would notice the caffeine difference from the other flavoured unmodified BioCharge.

Taste 3.5 STARS
Mixability 3.5 STARS
Digestability 4.5 STARS
Pump 3 STARS
Vascularity 3 STARS
Intensity 4 STARS
Stength 3 STARS
Endurance 3 STARS
Cost per serve- $49 for 50 servings

General comments- I have used this for over 4 weeks now both pre flu and post flu. You get a very mild Beta-Alanine buzz from the product. While the product does not make any silly claims like road map vascularity or skin bursting pumps it is still a good product. Slight increase in endurance and intensity and a low to mild pump.

Ultimate Pre workout energizer without caffeine or carbohydrates

Increased muscular pumps with Arginine and Niacin

Aids energy and endurance with Citrulline Malate and Beta Alanine

Increased strength during training with Creatine and Inosine

Helps sustain mental focus in prolonged sessions with Acetyl Tyrosine and Phenylalanine

Sustains hydration levels and electrolyte balance with Glycerol Monostearate and our custom blend of Magnesium, Potassium, Sodium and Calcium

(Available in Lime and Raspberry)

500g (50 servings) - $49

1kg (100 servings) - $86

BioCharge is our cutting edge formula designed to prepare your body for the most intense training sessions. We recommend taking it 10 minutes before training to maximise workout performance.

We have combined the ingredients that will help you maintain maximum mental focus throughout a workout, while increasing muscular pumps, assisting recovery and endurance. Prepare to Charge through the most gruelling training sessions like never before with BioCharge.

The combinations of ingredients in BioCharge were chosen to work in synergy for maximum effect. We have developed what we feel is by far the most potent pre workout product available on the market. BioCharge contains no fillers, carbohydrates or caffeine and is effective with a dose as little as 10g.

Although some people may prefer a larger dose, we recommend using caution initially as the Beta Alanine in the product may cause discomfort in large doses for some people (this can be recognised as a general itchiness)

Adaptation tends to happen very quickly however, with few people suffering any side effects on consecutive doses.

Directions:
For best results drink with 250ml's + of water directly before training.

Suitable for:
Men, Women, Strength and Endurance Athletes.

Ingredients:
Glycerol Monostearate, Beta Alanine, Arginine, Citrulline Malate, Creatine, Inosine, Phenylalanine, Acetyl Tyrosine, Flavour, Magnesium, Potassium, Sodium, Calcium, Niacin, Sucralose.

AZZA

As some of you are aware i had attended the Australian Fitness Expo in Sydney and brought back a swag of samples. I have been through a few samples here and there and i am going to review a few as i go.
I havent reviewed any Protein bars as such. Now i have over the course of a few years tried most Australian brand protein bars. The main one i have gone back to is the Musashi Growling Dog bar, as its sold in the supermarkets i sometimes buy these with the grocerys. This is the only Mushashi product i buy!!
Steven from Flush Fitness had already supplied me with some products to review (Monster Milk and Black Powder) and when i met up with him at his stand he threw me a couple of bars form Premier Nutrition. My first thoughts were oh another couple of bland bars and a never ending chew coming up. How wrong was i.
I had the Cookies and Cream today and to my surprise tasted like a Chocito and was a pleasure to eat.
For those of you that like your protein in a chocy bar as a snack then try one. Bit pricey at just over $5 bucks a bar though. Here are the nutritional facts.
AZZA

Titan Cookies and Cream- 80g Bar

Nutrition Facts
Amount/Serving % DV* Amount/Serving % DV*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Serving Size: 1 bar (80g) Total Fat 8g 13% Total Carbohydrate 27g 9%
Servings: 1 Sat. Fat 7g 33% Dietary Fiber <1g 3%
Calories 320 Trans Fat 0g Sugars 5g
Fat Cal. 80 Cholesterol 0mg 0% Sugar Alcohol 6g
Sodium 250mg 11% Protein 26g
*Percentage Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vitamin A 0% • Vitamin C 0% • Calcium 15% • Iron 20%

INGREDIENTS: Titan High Protein Core [Protein Blend (Cross-Flow Microfiltered Whey Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Isolate, Soy Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate), Gelatin], High Protein Chocolate Coating (Maltitol, Palm Kernel Oil, Whey Protein Concentrate, Sugar, Cocoa, Soy Lecithin and Vanillin), Glycerin, Frappe (Maltitol, Water, Egg Whites, Invertase, Vanilla), Cookie Pieces (Sugar, Enriched Flour (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamin Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Riboflavin (Vitamin B12) and Folic Acid), Vegetable Oil (Soybean, Palm, and Palm Kernel Oil), Alkalized Cocoa, Sugar, Yellow Corn Flour, Chocolate, Cornstarch, Salt, Leavening (Baking Soda, Monocalcium Phosphate), Whey, Natural and Artificial Flavor and Soy Lecithin), High Protein Yogurt Coating (Maltitol, Palm Kernel Oil, Milk Protein Isolate, Nonfat Dry Milk, Nonfat Yogurt (Cultured Nonfat Milk and Lactic Acid), Soy Lecithin and Natural Flavor), Chocolate Protein Crisps (Soy Protein Isolate, Alkalized Cocoa and Tapioca Starch), Water, Gelatin, High Oleic Sunflower Oil, Alkalized Cocoa, Lecithin, Chocolate Cookie Dough Flavor, Baked Cookie Flavor, Chocolate Flavor and Salt.
ALLERGY INFORMATION: Contains Milk, Soy, Egg, and Wheat. Produced on equipment that also processes Peanuts, Tree Nuts and Fish.

AZZA

Supplement Review MAXS MEAL COOKIE DOULBE CHOC

Here is something to compare the Premier Nutrition Titan bare to. Keith Ellis at the Expo gave me a couple of these and i had one over the weekend. They are a new product to MAXS product range and my thougths were even though the sugar is a lot more than the Titan it doesnt taste all that sweet. The chocolate is rather unsweet. It also contains preservative 282, 202, one of my worst enemies. It is cheaper at $3.75 a bar when in a box of 12. Taste is good but not as good as the Titan bar. Good for a Aussie bar.
AZZA

24 grams Protein
Mass Building Carbs
Glutamine Peptides
BCAA’s
Build Muscle and Strength
Delicious!
MAX’S Muscle Meal High Protein Cookies taste AWESOME! They contain high quality proteins including Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate and Soy Protein Isolate, along with high energy carbs, essential fatty acids and added amino acids including BCAA’S and L-Glutamine. You can chow down a MAX’S Muscle Meal Cookie any time for a convenient and delicious muscle building snack. They also make a fantastic after workout meal to replenish energy reserves and help kick-start recovery and new muscle growth.

Nutritional Information:

Serving Size: 90g Serving Per Pack: 1

Per Serve 90g
Per 100g

Energy
1580kJ
1760kJ

Protein
24.3g
27.0g

Fat - Total
Fat - Saturated
13.8g
9.8g
15.3g
10.9g

Carbohydrate: Total
Sugars
39.2g
23.1g
43.6g
25.7g

Sodium
250mg
280mg

Glutamine Peptides
200mg
220mg

L-Leucine
200mg
220mg

L-Valine
200mg
220mg

L-Isoleucine
200mg
220mg

Ingredients: Max’s protein blend (Whey Protein Concentrate, Soy Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Isolate,), wheat flour, sucrose, milk compound chocolate (sucrose, vegetable oil, cocoa, emulsifier,(322), flavour,), margarine (vegetable oil, water, salt, emulsifiers (322, 435, 471, 475, 476) natural colour (160a), flavour), whole egg, glycerine, polydextrose, cocoa, milk solids non fat, brown sugar, flavours, maize starch, raising agent (500), tapioca starch, salt, Glutamine peptides, L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine, Preservatives (202, 282). *Contains Dairy, Soy and Wheat. May contain traces of peanuts & other nuts
AZZA

SUPPLEMENT REVIEW SYNTEC GLYCO-WHEY Vanilla and Chocolate.

Chocolate
Taste 5 STARS
Mixability 5 STARS
Digestability 5 STARS
Protein Type Ultra filtered, WPI, WPC, WPC instantized
Other Goodies L Glutamine, Taurine
Price Per Serve $1.47 based on 3kg tub at $155.90

Vanilla
Taste 4 STARS
Mixability 5 STARS
Digestability 5 STARS
Price Per Serve $1.47 based on 3kg tub at $155.90

General comments I liked this product. Both flavours have a nice consistency when mixed up and have a good nutritional profile. No gimmicks here and the protein source is NZ whey, considered as best in the world.

GLYCO WHEY
Ultra Filtered WPI / WPC Glycomacropeptide Rich Protein

Formulated Supplementary Sports Food

Glyco Whey is a premium quality WPI/WPC formulated supplementary sports food that features a fast release protein complex and is designed specifically for the serious sports person to aid them in achieving their nutritional and performance goals.

Glyco Whey provides easily absorbed protein sourced from completely un-denatured cold pressed ultrafiltered whey protein. Whey protein provides the essential branched chain amino acids and naturally high levels of L-Glutamine to support muscle nutrition when protein intake is required immediately after training. Whey is recognized as one of the highest bio-available sources of protein in the world and New Zealand makes many of the highest quality whey products available. Glyco Whey (made in New Zealand), provides the full spectrum of whey fractions including glycomacropeptides (a whey fraction that helps in the absorption of all proteins). Some methods of whey extraction like ion exchange can totally exclude the glycomacropeptide fraction. The unique processing of Glyco Whey, using micro and cold filtration processes, protects all the whey protein fractions and the naturally present vitamins and minerals. Glyco Whey is also boosted with free form L Tyrosine, L Glutamine, L Glycine and essential B Vitamins which aid protein synthesis making it more bioavailable.

What is Micro and Ultra filtration?

Micro and ultrafiltration are very similar. The main difference between them is the average pore size of the filtration membranes. Microfiltration membranes are about one micrometer, which is very small. However, ultrafiltration membrane is about 4 times smaller than microflitation at about 250 nanometers or (0.25 micrometer). Ultra Filtration is superior providing a finer and smoother mixing powder as has been witnessed by many Syn-Tec customers who have made comment on this observation alone.

In this process the whey protein is flowed over the membranes (cross flowed is a term often used) and is forced through the membranes where natural ceramic filters are used to separate the whey protein from the raw protein solution. Undesirable components such as fat and lactose are filtered out. The particles are separated based on their molecular size and shape. This results in a micro or ultra filtrated WPI. No heat or electricity is used so no harm is done to the protein on a sub molecular level.

The key advantages to this processing method include:

1 Minimal denaturing of protein

2 Preserved protein fractions

3 Better amino acid profile

4 Contains more calcium and less sodium

5 Does not damage the many immune boosting components such as alpha lactalbumin, immunoglobulins and Glycomacropeptides.

6 Has the highest level of undenatured protein available.

So in a nut shell, it is Syn-Tec’s opinion that Micro Filtered and or Ultra filtered whey protein isolate is the best quality as it is a whole undenatured protein source. The way nature intended it to be.

Glyco Whey is a fantastic tasting shake that provides serious sports people with a premium quality whey protein supplement to help support recovery and muscle nutrition when combined with a physical training or exercise programme. Glyco Whey is very low in fat and carbohydrates, contains no added sugars and mixes easily in a shaker. Glyco Whey is not a sole source of nutrition and should be consumed in conjunction with a nutritious diet and appropriate fluid intake. Consult a health care professional before starting in any new supplementation, training or exercise programme.

Ideal for Athletics, Swimming, Running, Cycling, Body Building. Use straight after training and physical exercise.

Available in: 700 grams (25 Servings) and 1.5kg (53 Servings) and 3.0kg (106 serves)

Flavours: Chocolate, Vanilla,

Ingredients:
Ingredients: NZ Ultra Filtered whey protein isolate, NZ instanized whey protein concentrate, added free form L-Tyrosine, L-Glutamine and vitamin B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, C, Chromium, flavours, silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate, sweetener (sucralose)

Typical analysis per 28 gram serving (choc flavour) Mixed in water

Protein 22.5g
Fat 1.0g
Carbohydrates - Total 2.2g
- Sugars 1.4g
Calories 109
Sodium 37mg
Potassium 276mg
L- Glutamine 900mg Free Form
L- Tyrosine 200mg Free Form
Vitamin B1 1.1mg
Vitamin B2 1.6mg
Vitamin B3 10.0mg
Vitamin B5 1.7mg
Vitamin B6 1.6mg
Vitamin C 40.0mg
Chromium 24mcg

AZZA

modify_inline.gif

SUPPLEMENT REVIEW SYN-TEC SP3 Chocolate and Vanilla

Chocolate
Taste 5 STARS
Mixability 5 STARS
Digestability 5 STARS
Protein Type Calcium caseninate and WPC.
Other Goodies MCT's, Pineapple extract, Taurine
Price Per Serve $1.26 based on 3kg tub at $134.95

Vanilla
Taste 4 STARS
Mixability 5 STARS
Digestability 5 STARS
Price Per Serve $1.26 based on 3kg tub at $134.95

General comments I enjoyed this more than the Glyco Whey, the texture of the shake was something special almost like a thick shake and they both taste great. Only 4.5grams sugar per 40gram serve and the price is great.

SP3 SYNERGISTIC PROTEIN MATRIX
Protein Boosted With MCT, Bromelain, Taurine & B Vit's

Formulated Supplementary Sports Food

SP3 is a formulated supplementary sports food which utilizes Syn-Tec's revolutionary new Synergistic Protein Matrix Blend designed especially for sports people to aid them in achieving their nutritional and performance goals. SP3 uses the latest protein technology and is ideal for everyday use. SP3 features a rare sustained protein release effect, backed-up by a complete spectrum of amino acids, Vitamin B complex, MCT and Bromelain… perfect for supporting muscle nutrition.

SP3's specially formulated Synergistic Protein Matrix Blend comprises of whey protein concentrate (WPC) and calcium caseinate which provides many benefits. WPC is a fast absorbing protein whereas caseinate is more slowly absorbed, when combined a timed release of protein is achieved, meaning a constant supply of amino acids is supporting your muscle nutritional needs…. It like having protein "on tap".

SP3 is a fantastic tasting shake that provides all sports people with a huge 20 grams (73%) of premium quality protein per serve to help support recovery and muscle nutrition when combined with a physical training or exercise programme. SP3 is very low in fat and carbohydrates, contains no added sugars and mixes easily in a shaker. SP3 is not a sole source of nutrition and should be consumed in conjunction with a nutritious diet and appropriate fluid intake. Consult a health care professional before starting in any new supplementation, training or exercise programme.

Ideal for every day use by all Athletes, Weight Lifters and Body Builders.

Available in: 600gm (21 Servings), (1.5kg (53 Servings) and 3kg (107 Servings)

Flavours: Chocolate, Vanilla,

Ingredients:
NZ ultra whey protein concentrate, NZ calcium caseinate (from milk), free form Taurine, Bromelain, MCT oil, Vitamin B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, C, flavours, fructose, magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide, sweetener (sucralose)

Typical analysis per 28 gram serving (choc flavour)
Mixed in water
Protein 20.4g
Fat 1.3g
Saturated 1.0g
MCT Oil 392mg
Carbohydrates - Total 4.1g
- Sugars 3.1g
Calories 111
Sodium 18mg
Potassium 190mg
Calcium 208mg
Taurine 28mg
Bromelain 23mg
Vit B1 1.0mg
Vit B2 1.7mg
Vit B3 9.2mg
Vit B5 1.7mg
Vit B6 1.4mg
Vtamin C 37mg

AZZA

SUPPLEMENT REVIEW SYN-TEC SIX PACK Jamacian Chocolate.

Jamaican Chocolate
Taste 5 STARS
Mixability 5 STARS
Digestability 5 STARS
Protein Type WPC, Calcium casinate
Other Goodies Caffeine, Beta Alanine, MCT's
Price Per Serve $1.63 based on 3kg tub at $174.95

General comments This flavour is unique, absolutely delicous. There are so many ingredients in this product i hope they all work well and compliment each other. The nutritional profile is there but can, in small doses all these macro nutrients be benefical? It is touted as a contest formula and deserves recognition for being so complete. If i competed i would add this in. If i get the chance i will review this agian as i have all my samples and products with lactose free milk. I would like to try this in water. Well done SYN-TEC

SIX PACK HYDROXY- PLEX 6 PROTEIN
Extreme Pre Contest Dietary Support Formula

Syn-Tec’s “Six Pack Protein Formula incorporating Hydroxy-Plex-6” is a food type dietary supplement especially formulated to aid competitive body builders, body shapers and other sports persons (both male and female) in achieving their nutritional and performance goals where direct application and adherence to specific dietary weight management protocols are required to support muscle growth and definition through precise nutritional channels.

WPC / Calcium Caseinate Sustained Release Protein Matrix
Boosted With Free Form…

MCT
Tyrosine
Inositol
Beta Alanine
Glycine
Bromelain
Bioperine
B vitamins
Caffeine*
Citrus Aurantum ext (Synpherine)*
Green tea ext*
Garcina Quaesita ext (Hydroxy Citric Acid HCA)*
L Carnitine Tartrate*
Coleus Forskohlii ext*

* Active ingredients in Hydroxy-Plex 6

Syn-Tec’s “Six Pack Protein Formula incorporating Hydroxy-Plex-6” is a professional Synergistic Protein Formula which is packed with a potent array of six proven nutritional weight management ingredients in the form of herbal extracts from Citrus Aurantium (Synpherine) , Green Tea, Garcina Quaesita (Hydroxy Citric Acid) , Coleus Forskolii, L Carnitine and pure USP Caffeine. These ingredients are renowned in the sports industry for their use as support nutrients in weight management and muscle defining nutritional diets. All the active supporting nutritional herbal weight management ingredients are potent extracts as used in Syn-Tec’s popular Thermalene formula. In addition to these six active ingredients; extra Tyrosine, Beta Alanine, Inositol, MCT Oil, Bromelain, Bioperine and B Vitamins have been added to the Synergistic Protein Matrix to maximize the effect and bioavailability of this potent professional formula.

Syn-Tec’s “Six Pack Protein Formula incorporating Hydroxy-Plex-6” is a professional protein drink base delivering a professional high protein, low carbohydrate, low fat and low sugar formula boosted with nutritional herbal extracts designed to support maximum lean muscle growth and nutrition as well as supporting healthy weight management through precise nutritional channels while engaging in a structured nutritional eating plan and a tailored exercise and training program. Syn-Tec’s “Six Pack Protein Formula incorporating Hydroxy-Plex-6” is designed as a nutritional support formula to help sports persons in achieving very specific individualized nutritional and performance goals. Ideal for use by all professional Athletes, Boxers, Body Builders and Body Shapers in all pre contest nutritional and training programmes.

Syn-Tec’s “Six Pack Protein Formula incorporating Hydroxy-Plex-6” is designed for pre, during and post training… In fact, any time, any where protein and weight management nutrients are required. Syn-Tec’s “Six Pack Protein Formula incorporating Hydroxy-Plex-6” is not a sole source of nutrition and should be consumed in conjunction with a nutritious diet and appropriate fluid intake. Please take notice that personal individual results may vary from person to person when partaking in a weight management and muscle building programme. Continued physical exercise and an appropriate nutritional diet must be maintained both during and after using Syn-Tec’s “Six Pack Protein Formula incorporating Hydroxy-Plex-6”. On going consultations with qualified personal trainers or health care professionals should always form part of a weight management trainining programme. Consult your sports coach, dietician or a health care professional before starting any new supplementation, training or exercise programme.

Syn-Tec’s “Six Pack Protein Formula incorporating Hydroxy-Plex-6” is presented in great tasting easy to mix Jamaican chocolate flavoured drink base which mixes easy in water or milk. The Chocolate flavour has hint of orange which complements the natural taste of the active herbal ingredients that formulate Hydroxy-Plex-6. This shake does taste superb with no after tastes and bitter herbal residue. This is due to the high quality herbal extracts being used with no plant pulp being included. This is truly a high quality formula with no expense spared in choice of ingredients. All the active nutritional herbal weight management ingredients are the same potent ingredients as used in Syn-Tec’s Thermalene formula.

Ingredients:
Jamacian Chocolate Flavour
700gm, 1.3kg and 3.0kg Tubs.

Per 28g serve Mixed in Water

Energy (KJ) 454
Calories 109
Protein 21.3g
Carbohydrate 2.4g
-Sugars 0.6g
Fat 1.4g
- MCT 560mg
Sodium 15mg
Potassium 232mg
Beta Alanine 500mg
Glycine 700mg
L Tyrosine 500mg
Garcina Quasitia Ext* (6:1) 300mg
Equivalent dry herb 1800mg
Caffeine* 100mg
Citrus Aurantium Ext* (10:1) 100mg
Equivalent dry herb 1000mg
Green Tea Ext* (4:1) 100mg
Equivalent dry herb 400mg
L Carnitine* 100mg
Inositol 100mg
Vitamin C 37mg
Bromelain 23mg
Coleus Forskohlii Ext* (100:1) 10mg
Equivalent dry herb 1000mg
Vitamin B1 1.0mg
Vitamin B2 1.7mg
Vitamin B3 9.2mg
Vitamin B5 1.7mg
Vitamin B6 1.4mg
Bioperine 5mg

Warning... Contains caffeine
* Active ingredients in Hydroxyplex-6

AZZA

SUPPLEMENT REVIEW NAPALM LIME

TASTE 4.5 STARS
MIXABILITY 5 STARS
DIGESTABILITY 5 STARS
PUMP 4 STARS
VASCULARITY 4 STARS
INTENSITY 4.5 STARS
STRENGTH 4 STARS
ENDURANCE 5 STARS
PRICE PER SERVE $94.95 for 1.5KG $3.165 per 50gram serve.

Overall comments-I have been waiting to try Napalm for some time and thanks to Kevin and Syn-Tec i was given enough samples to run the product over all trained muscles. Most trainees will respond differently to pre-workout drinks eg training chest opposed to legs and the pumps, intensity etc will be different. The only way to properly guage a pre-workout drink is to use it exactly the same for each muscle group trained. I am almost like a clock with my workouts and timing. Nearly all of the pre-workout drinks i have had i have not altered any thing out of my training, time, duration, nearly the same exercises, timing of meals and protein drinks. This gives me as close to the same scenario for all the products i review. I have used Naplam 5 times now and it is a joy and with sadness as i dont have any left. Compared to other products theres no funny sort of taste, funny color or settling in the shaker. Performance wise its on par with the best i have had so far. This week i have been snowed under at work, and close to skipping workouts but i have put in the extra effort to train and this drink is a good pick me up, on chest for example after 50 minutes training i am still able to do 80kg close grip bench's for 6 good reps. I would usualy do this exercise first in tricep training being a compound exercise. The mental focus is noticable you have this " i can do that attitude towards the weights" When you checkout the ingredients you will notice only 150mg of caffeine, but there is 5 grams of creatine, and a 3 gram dose of Beta-Alanine, 1.5 grams of L-Arginine. Sugars are dextrose. Overall a very good product.
AZZA

NAPALM
Explosive Muscle Fuel

Explosive Energy Packed Muscle Nutrition Sports Performance Formula

Food Type Dietary Supplement

Napalm is a food type dietary supplement that takes muscle nutrient and energy supplementation to a new level. Napalm is an advanced muscle nutrition, nitric oxide and energy support formula designed specifically for serious sports people to aid them in achieving specific nutritional and performance goals.

Napalm utilises micronized Creatine, Beta Alanine, Glutamine, Tyrosine, Taurine, AAKG, Iso Leucine, Leucine, Valine, Caffeine and the co-factors; Chromium and vitamins B1,2,3,5,6 & C mixed in a dextrose monohydrate lime flavoured drink base to make Napalm the ultimate dietary supplement to help support the supply of muscle nutrients and an extra energy boost that are needed to achieve extreme performance goals.

Napalm is designed as the one stop shop as we say, sports performance drink base formula that promotes nutritional ingredients which help support muscle nutrtion. By adding caffeine, Napalm will also help to drive your workout further by providing extra energy to power through the most demanding training sessions.

Many athletes drink coffee or a special purpose caffeine drink prior to training for a caffeine fix. So why not make it more conveinient by adding it to their pre workout supplementation stack. Napalm provides serious sports people with a premium quality muscle nutrition and Nitric Oxide support formula with added performance nutrients to help support overall performance by providing explosive energy and muscle nutrition when combined with a physical training or exercise programme. Napalm is not a sole source of nutrition and should be consumed in conjunction with a nutritious diet and appropriate fluid intake. Consult a health care professional before starting in any new supplementation, training or exercise programme.

Napalm is presented in a lime powdered drink base that tastes fantastic and mixes easily in water or juice. For a caffeine stimulant free formula try the Syn-Tec Creabolan.

Warning...Contains caffeine

Available in: 1.5kg containers (30 x Serves)
2 x Flavours : Lime & Raspberry

Ingredients:
Per 50 gram serve:
Dextrose Monohydrate 25.7g
Creatine Monohydrate 5000mg
L-Glutamine 2000mg
Taurine 1500mg
Arginine Alpha Ketoglutarate (AAKG) 1500mg
L-Leucine 1500mg
L-Isoleucine 750mg
L-Valine 750mg
Beta Alanine 3000mg
L- Tyrosine 2000mg
Caffeine 150mg
Bioperine 5mg
Vitamin B1 1.1mg
Vitamin B2 1.7mg
Niacinamide (Vit B3) 10mg
Vitamin B5 1.7mg
Vitamin B6 1.6mg
Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) 40mg

AZZA

SUPPLEMENT REVIEW MET-RX RTD 51 3 Flavours Frosty Chocolate, Mocha Blast, Creamy Vanilla

Taste FC 4.5 STARS
Taste MB 4 STARS
Taste CV 4 STARS
Mixability 5 STARS
Digestability 3.5 STARS
Protein Type WPC, Calcim Caseinate, Milk Protein Concentrate.
Other Goodies Good spread of vitamins and minerals
Cost per serve $6.03 each based on 12 pack.

General comments. These ready to drink cans of protein pack a 51 gram serve of protein each. They all taste similar and remind me of eating egg custard when i was younger (i mean that in a nice way) Being mixed with water there is a water after taste. The other RTD i would compare this to would be Cytosport Muscle Milk, i paid $7.50 for the privlege and these are not as good as the RTD 51.

MET-Rx RTD 51 is a bodybuilding protein shake. MET-Rx RTD 51 is good for muscle fitness, muscle recovery and helps build lean muscle mass. MET-Rx RTD 51 provides 51 grams of MetamyosynR protein and is called the powerhouse of protein shakes. MET-Rx RTD 51 is very very convenient to take, as you don’t need to mix any powders. With MET-Rx RTD 51, you don’t need any messy and time consuming blenders or mixers. All you need to do is open the can and drink up.

MET-Rx RTD 51 Specialties:

Packed to the max with 51 grams of MetamyosynR protein.
Natural source of valuable amino acids.
Contains only 5g net carbs.
Low in fat.
MET-Rx RTD 51 provides 51 grams of Metamyosyn VPR Protein Blend which is a unique blend of Calcium Caseinate, Milk Protein Concentrate, and Whey Protein Concentrate. Let’s find out more about these three magic ingredients in Metamyosyn VPR Protein Blend:

*Calcium Caseinate is made by dissolving acid casein in a suitable hydroxide and drying it to make a water soluble product. Casein is the most commonly used milk protein in the food industry and contains 21 amino acids.

*Milk protein concentrate (MPC) is made from skim milk by a series of processes that includes ultra filtration, evaporation and drying. MPC contains undenatured forms of both casein and whey protein.

*Whey protein concentrate is a pure, natural, high quality protein from cow's milk. It is a rich source of the essential amino acids needed on a daily basis by the body. When whey protein is in its purest form, as whey protein isolate, it has little to no fat, lactose or cholesterol. Whey protein concentrate promotes muscle protein synthesis and muscle growth.

Each nutritionally advanced, ready-to-drink shake is packed to the max with 51 grams of Metamyosyn protein that helps support muscle growth when used with your weight training program.

AZZA

SUPPLEMENT REVIEW MET-RX COLOSSAL BIG 100 in Super Cookie Crunch and Crisp Apple Pie

Taste SCC 4 STARS
Taste CAP 4.5 STARS
Protein Type Same as RTD, Metamyosyn protein blend
Cost per serve $5.50-$6.50 12 in a box

General Comments I liked the crispy apple pie better than the super cookie crunch, almost like having a meal. I have had a few bars in my reviews. The american based companys bars always taste better than the Aussie ones. Cost per serve might be the swaying factor, a good convience but if you can afford it.

New from MET-Rx, the BIG 100 Colossal is sure to satify your appetite with 31 grams of Metamyosyn Protein. This crunchy bar is loaded with chocolate chunks and peanuts, dipped in a dark chocolate coating on three sides, and topped with caramel. Great as a meal replacement bar or for adding extra fuel to growing muscles. This bar is one taste pleaser! Big 100 Colossal Bars are the Huge new meal replacement bars to take the place of the old Big 100 Bars. These bars are giant and filled with all the goodies, peanut butter, chocolate, a carmel covered top, and a whopping 31 grams of protein! Big 100 Colossal Bars make the other bars look like wimps and rightfully so at a giant 3.5 grams per bar. Try a Big 10 Colossal Bar and you will never go back to wimpy little bars again.

Supplement Facts:

Serving Size: 1 Bar
Servings Per Container: 12

Amount Per Serving:

Calories 400
Calories from Fat 100
Total Fat 11 g 17%
Saturated Fat 6 g 30%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15 mg 5%
Sodium 640 mg 27%
Potassium 160 mg 5%
Total Carbohydrate 45 g 15%
Dietary Fiber 2 g 8%
Sugars 26 g
Protein 31 g 54%

Vitamin A 30%
Vitamin C 30%
Calcium 10%
Iron 15%
Vitamin E 30%
Thiamin 35%
Riboflavin 35%
Niacin 35%
Vitamin B-6 30%
Folic Acid 35%
Vitamin B-12 35%
Biotin 30%
Pantothenic Acid 30%
Phosphorus 20%
Iodine 30%
Magnesium 6%
Zinc 35%
Copper 45%

Ingredients:
Caramel Topping (Corn Syrup, Sugar, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Sweetened Condensed Milk, Butter, Milk Protein, Palm Kernel Oil, Soy Lecithin, Salt, Vanilla Extract), Whey Crisps (Rice Flour, Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Calcium Carbonate), Soy Crisps (Soy Protein Isolate, Tapioca Starch, Salt), Dark Chocolate Flavored Coating (Sugar, Fractionated Palm Kernel Oil, Cocoa, Whey, Nonfat Milk, Soy Lecithin, Natural Flavor), Corn Syrup, Metamyosyn® VPX Protein Blend (Milk Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate, Egg White, L-glutamine), Peanut Flour, Glycerin, Water, Chocolate Chunks (Sugar, Chocolate Liquor, Cocoa Butter, Soy Lecithin, Artificial Flavor, Salt, Vanilla), Roasted Peanuts, Dextrose, Natural Flavor, Vitamin and Mineral Blend (Ascorbic Acid, Tricalcium Phosphate, d-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Niacinamide, Zinc Oxide, Copper Gluconate, Calcium d-Pantothenate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Biotin, Potassium Iodide, Cyanocobalamin), Dipotassium Phosphate, Xanthan Gum, Sucralose.

AZZA

SUPPLEMENT REVIEW MET-RX ORIGINAL MEAL REPLACEMENT Extreme Chocolate and Original Vanilla

Taste EC 4.5 STARS
Taste OV 4 STARS
Mixability 4 STARS
Digestability 4.5 STARS
Protein Type Metamyosyn
Other Goodies Large amounts of amino acids.
Cost Per Serve $5.50 based on 18 pack.

General Comments This is the thickest shake i have ever had, the more i shook it the thicker it became. After chugging it down you are left with a satisfied feeling and not hungry at all. Its no surprise after having all my Met Rx samples over 5 days i weighed just under 95kg, my all time heaviest. The cost per serve is high but compares in price to other American based 2lb tubs. I would rather this though.

38 grams of the exclusive METAMYOSYN® protein blend to help build lean muscle.*
Free of Hydrogenated Oils, which means absolutely no Trans Fats.
Low fat to support a lean, healthy body.
Up to 20 grams of carbohydrates^ to support muscle glycogen needs as well as energy levels at rest and during exercise.*
25 Essential Vitamins & Minerals, with 110% DV Calcium to support your body’s nutritional needs.
Aspartame Free
No added sugar***
Gluten Free
^ Depending on flavor

MET-Rx® “ORIGINAL” MEAL REPLACEMENT revolutionized sports nutrition with the METAMYOSYN® Protein Blend! Now new and improved, the “Original” MET-Rx® Meal Replacement, is back and better than ever with an upgraded formula that is free of aspartame and hydrogenated fats while still featuring the exclusive METAMYOSYN® Protein Blend.

COMPLETE PROTEIN BLEND TO
HELP BUILD LEAN MUSCLE*
Originally developed by a physician, METAMYOSYN® protein is based on metabolic research to help support lean muscle mass studied in three published clinical trials.1,2,3

In a groundbreaking study, subjects using MET-Rx® Original Meal Replacement twice per day gained more muscle and strength over 12 weeks than a group receiving whey protein only supplements.1

METAMYOSYN® combines Milk Protein with fast-digesting whey protein and slow-acting casein, plus L-Glutamine and naturally occurring Branched Chain Amino Acids - Isoleucine, Leucine and Valine. The precise combination of proteins in METAMYOSYN® offers a sustained release of amino acids for up to 7 hours** and provides your body with a highly bioavailable fuel that helps build lean muscle mass and strength.*

USE MET-RX® MEAL REPLACEMENT ANY TIME OF THE DAY:

Immediately After Exercise Makes an excellent post-workout shake by providing fast digesting proteins for immediate muscle support plus slow digesting proteins for extended amino acid delivery and recovery.*

With Meals: Drink along with your meal to increase the overall protein quality and content. You can also mix into oatmeal or add to recipes such as pancake and waffle mixes.

In Between Meals: Keeps levels of amino acids elevated so your body doesn’t go into a catabolic state that may otherwise lead to muscle loss.*

Before Bed: The high content of slow-digesting proteins in MET-Rx® Meal Replacement makes it a perfect before-bed supplement as it provides “time-released” amino acid delivery to your body while you sleep.

* Results may vary. Use in conjunction with an intense daily exercise program and a balanced diet including an adequate caloric intake.

** Approximate value based on individual proteins within product. Actual value for METAMYOSYN may be different.

*** Not a low calorie food. Some sugar naturally occurs in ingredients. See nutrition facts panel for sugar and calorie content.

1 Demling, R. Ann Nutr & Metab. 2000. 44(1): 21-29.
2 Demling, R. J Brn Care & Rehab. 1998. 19. 161-168.
3 Demling, R. The Jrnl of Trma, Inj, Inf, and Crit Care. 1997. 43(1): 47-51.

AZZA

SUPPLEMENT REVIEW MET-RX XTREME SIZE UP Chocolate

Taste 4 STARS
Mixability 4.5 STARS
Digestability 5 STARS
Protein Type Metamyosyn Blend and Carb Blend
Other Goodies Creatine, Glutamine
Cost Per Serve $4.45 based on 6lb tub 16 serves

General Comments Another thickshake here, goes down well, rich and creamy and a nice texture. All the Met Rx flavours are like this, nothing artifical tasting, not to badly priced. Great for a postworkout shake for hardgainers.
AZZA

It's time to size up or step down." If you are a hardgainer, bodybuilder looking to bulk up in the offseason, or just wanting a great tasting high quality weightgainer, then Xtreme Size Up is for you. What is great about Size Up is the fact that it contains Met-Rx's very own Metamyosyn protein plus 3 grams of creatine, 3 grams of glutamine, and up to 67 grams of complex carbs. And at at least 600 mass building calories per serving, Met-Rx Xtreme Size Up is all you need to Step up and Size up!

Specially designed for hard gainers who want to gain weight and pack-on quality mass.*

MET-Rx® Xtreme Size Up features FOUR Hardcore Optimizer Blends to help you keep growing when other weight gainers quit.*

METAMYOSYN® Muscle Mass Optimizer Blend

Complex Carb Optimizer Blend

Lean Lipid Optimizer Blend

MultiVitamin Optimizer Blend

• Each serving contains 59g protein, 64-67g High-Quality Complex Carbs, 3g Creatine, 3g Glutamine and 600 calories

• No Fructose or Aspartame

• Mixes quickly and goes down easy

Supplement Facts:

Serving Size: 4 Scoops (167g)

Servings Per Container: 16

Amount Per Serving:

Calories 600

Protein 54.4 g

Carbohydrate 81.6g

Sugar 5g

Total Fat 4.8g

Saturated Fat 2.9g

Fiber 4.6g

Sodium 370

L-glutamine 3g

Ingredients: Complex Carb Optimizer Blend (Maltodextrin, Barley Flour, Oat Fiber, Oat Bran Concentrate), Metamyosyn®, Muscle Mass Optimizer Blend (Whey Protein Concentrate, Milk Protein Concentrate, Calcium Sodium Caseinate, L-Glutamine, Creatine Monohydrate, Dried Egg White), MultiVitamin Optimizer Blend (Dipotassium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Lactate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Tricalcium Phosphate, Potassium Citrate, Beta-Carotene, Salt, Sodium Citrate, dl-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbic Acid, Ferrous Fumarate, Niacinamide, Zinc Oxide, Vitamin A Palmitate, Calcium d-Pantothenate, Copper Sulphate, Manganese Sulphate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamin Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Cholecalciferol, Folic Acid, Chromium Picolinate, Biotin, Sodium Molybdate, Potassium Iodide, Phytonadione, Sodium Selenite, Cyanocobalamin), Natural and Artificial Flavour, Partially Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Corn Syrup Solids, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Lean Lipid Optimizer Blend (Medium Chain Triglycerides, Sunflower Oil, Flaxseed Powder), Guar Gum, Carrageenan, Acesulfame Potassium, Soy Lecithin, Sucralose, Mono- and Diglycerides.

AZZA

SUPPLEMENT REVIEW FITNESS CENTRAL WPI CHOCOLATE

Taste 5 STARS
Mixability 5 STARS
Digestability 5 STARS
Type of Protein-New Zealand/Australian Whey Protein Isolate
Other Goodies-Good esential amino acid profile.
Price per serve 99 cents based on 3kg tub!

General comments-For me this protein ticks all boxes, 5 STAR rating for all 3 main criteria. The quality i insist on is there as the WPI is form both here and New Zealand. I am conviced the better quality or highest quality wheys come from New Zealand. This is why some proteins cost so much, however on the Fitness Central website it is only $99.95 for 3kg which is inexpensive. Speaking with Marcos from Fitness Central suggests a couple of things going on here. One is he is commited to quality products and 2 this is not a company with exhuberant overheads (think Marketing and Advertising)
While i dont openly suggest to run out and buy the products i review it is obvious to me and you the reader as to what i think and know is good. That is my recomendation.

What is Whey Protein Isolate (WPI)?
Whey is a by-product of cheese production. The fat and lactose is then removed from the whey to isolate the protein portion. WPI is completely soluble, extremely high in protein, and extremely low in fat and carbohydrates. WPI is the #1 protein powder of choice for all athletes, from elite level to weekend warrior.

How is WPI different to other types of protein?
WPI is generally regarded as the best all-round form of protein. Is is digested extremely quickly into the body, is very high in protein percentage, has almost no fat or lactose/carbs, and mixes easily and great tasting. Other forms of protein are also very good but will generally not have all the excellent qualities of WPI.

What are the benefits of taking WPI?
There are numerous health benefits associated with supplementing with high quality protein. In regards to sports performance WPI can aid in;

Lean Muscle Gain. Protein is essential to build new muscle tissue.
Reduced recovery time after intense exercise.
Maintainining a consistent protein intake between meals.
How is it used?
A single scoop of WPI is 30g and should be mixed into 250ml of cold milk or water with a shaker bottle. One serve should always be taken immediately after exercise, and more serves between meals throughout the day. Many experts recommend consuming 2grams of protein per kg of bodyweight per day for optimal athletic performance and muscle growth. So an 80kg person should consume at least 160g of protein per day from all food and supplement sources.

What does it taste like?
Fantastic! WPI is the best tasting protein as it is so well refined and pure. It's a very clean taste even unflavoured, and our flavoured versions have been rated by numerous customers as the best available anywhere and are delicous. When taking out Chocolate WPI in skim milk it tastes just like a chocolate milkshake you would buy from the corner store.

NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
1 scoop = 30grams

Servings per container: 100

Serving Size: 30g
Average Per

30g Serve
Average

Per 100g

Energy
466 kj

111 cal
1552 kj

371 cal

Protein
26.8 g
89.3 g

Fat – Total

- Saturated
0.1 g

0.0 g
0.2 g

0.1 g

Carbohydrates – Total

- Sugars
0.5 g

0.3 g
1.7 g

1.0 g

Sodium
62 mg
207 mg

Potassium
298 mg
992 mg

Glutamic Acid
5.4 g
18 g

Essential Amino Acids

Isoleucine
2040 mg
6800 mg

Leucine
3300 mg
11000mg

Lysine
2910 mg
9700 mg

Methionine
780 mg
2600 mg

Phenylalanine
930 mg
3100 mg

Threonine
2190 mg
7300 mg

Tryptophan
570 mg
1900 mg

Valine
1800 mg
6000 mg

INGREDIENTS: Instantised Cross Flow Microfiltered and

Ultrafiltered Whey Protein Isolate, Coco Powder (Chocolate flavour only), Nature Identical Flavour, Vegetable Gum (407), Sweetener (950, 955).

Contains Milk and Dairy products. May contain traces of Soy.

This product was blended and packed in a HACCP and AQIS Accredited facility in a temperature controlled environment. All dairy ingredients sourced from New Zealand and Australia.

AZZA

SUPPLEMENT REVIEW FITNESS CENTRAL PRE-WORKOUT XTREME

Taste 4 STARS
Mixabilty 2 STARS
Digestabilty 5 STARS
Pump 3 STARS
Vascular improvement 4 STARS
Workout Intensity 4 STARS
Endurance 4 STARS
Recovery 4 STARS
Other Goodies-No sugar!! No Caffeine!!! Check the nutritional information.
Cost per serve 75 cents based on 35 serve tub.

Comments-The 2 STAR rating for mixability was for some large clumps in the tub, even after vigorous shaking. The smell is dont ask, i mixed the product with another workout drink called EAA+Endurance Factors, it is essential amino acids and another hit of Beta Alanine. This mixed up 100% between the 2.
The good part of stacking these 2 products was, a fair decent pump, very good vascularity and focused training. I can forget the other factors, i like products that work.

Pre-Workout Xtreme contains a large dose of an amino acid called Beta Alanine. This is an amino acid that increases muscle workload and reduces fatigue however it can cause a 'tingling' sensation for a short time after ingestion.

It is important to assess your tolerance to this product. Start with 1 teaspoon, 45minutes before training. If you do not experience excessive tingling or itching you may increase to a full serve which is 2 scoops or 1 heaped table spoon.

Ingredients 1 Full Serve 15g
100g
Xtreme Endurance Beta Alanine, Citrulline Malate 6490mg 31500mg
Creatine Xtreme Creatine Monohydrate, Creatine Ethyl Ester 4640mg 22500mg
Xtreme Pump Arginine Alpha Ketoglutarate 2:1, Arginine L-Malate 2:1, L-Ornithine Alpha Ketoglutarate 2:1 2780mg 22500mg
Antioxidants & Protectants L-Lysine, B6 470mg 7920mg
Xtreme Focus Taurine 460mg 6750mg

Other Ingredients: Additive (552).

Pre-Workout Xtreme DOES NOT contain any caffeine or sugar

AZZA

SUPPLEMENT REVIEW FITNESS CENTRAL EAA+Endurance Factors Lemon

Taste 3.5 STARS
Mixabilty 4 STARS
Digestabilty 5 STARS
Pump 3 STARS
Vascular improvement 4 STARS
Workout Intensity 4 STARS
Endurance 4 STARS
Recovery 4 STARS
Cost per serve-72 cents based on 500gram packet, at this price i'd double the doseage.

Comments-Oh the smell, you can definatley smell the amino acids in this product, reminds me of Musashi. I mean this in a good way though as this is what you pay for. I've decided the pump STAR rating to only be 3 for now. I have only returned to training today after about 7 weeks off. I did chest, biceps and triceps. I needed to get something typed up though and i was excited to start training again. No chance of taking it easy though, i pushed hard.

Who can benefit from using EAA+?
Athletes of any sport will benefit from using EAA+. It is an elite-level supplement.

How much should be used?
Studies indicate that 20grams is the ideal serving size, immediately after exercise.

What can EAA+ be stacked with?
Combine with Creatine Monohydrate and Waxy Maize Starch for the ultimate recovery and strength enhancing drink.

Typical Amino Acid milligrams per 9 grams (1 level scoop):

L-Leucine 1844
L-Isoleucine 922
L-Valine 922
L-Lysine 769
L-Phenylalanine 769
L-Threonine 692
L-Histidine 384
L-Methionine 231
Beta Alanine 384
Citrulline Malate 769

Other Ingredients: Antioxidant (330), Flavours, Sweetener (950, 955)

AZZA
modify_inline.gif

As a experiment i mixed up some Pre-Workout Xtreme with 300mls of Coke. Good buzz from that and a very rewarding back workout. Great pump and good focus.

I have used up all the WPI (like i wouldnt) Enjoyed this very much, could drink this anytime. Being using the EEA's all is good.
AZZA

SUPPLEMENT REVIEW MUSCLE GAUGE PREMIUM BLEND Chocolate and Banana flavours.

Taste Choc 5 STARS
Taste Banana 5 STARS
Mixablity both 5 STARS
Digestability 5 STARS
Type of Protein WPC and WPI
Cost Per Serve 75 cents based on 2.375kg 28 gram serves.
Other Goodies Gluten free, 15 flavours and up to 50lb bag.

Overall-Not as high a protein serve as some but at these prices you can easily double or triple up. Basic clean tasting protein and no fancy overheads or claims of being something when its not. Smooth tasty texture and the banana i had tastes great. Choc is flavoured by cocoa.

5 Lbs.
Chocolate

Supplement Facts

Serving Size1Scoop(28.4g)

Servings Per Container80

Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value*

Calories

Calories From Fat

Total Fat
1g
2%

Saturated Fat
<1g
2%

Trans Fat
0g
0%

Cholesterol
11mg
4%

Total Carbohydrate
1g
<1%

Dietary Fiber
1g
4%

Calcium
147mg
15%

Phosphorus
79mg
8%

Sodium
35mg
1%

Potassium
151mg
4%

Protein
22g
44%

Amino Acid Profile

Whey Protein Blend

22g Protein Per Serving

Mg/serving

Alanine

Arginine

Aspartic Acid

Cysteine / Cystine

Glutamic Acid

Glycine

Histidine

Isoleucine

Leucine

Lysine

Methionine

Phenylalanine

Proline

Taurine

Serine

Threonine

Tryptophan
mg

Tyrosine

Valine

* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet

Ingredients

Pure Whey Protein Concentrate, Pure Whey Protein Isolate, Cocoa Powder, Natural And Artificial Flavor, Xanthan Gum, Sweetened With Stevia

AZZA
modify_inline.gif

SUPPLEMENT REVIEW BETANCOURT GLUTAMINE CHEWIES

Taste 4 STARS
Supplement Type-Chewies, like lollies.
Cost Per Serve 42 cents each 4 grams of Glutamine with 4 chewies.

Comments-These are like fruit tingles without the tingles. To get a good dose of Glutamine you would have to eat 10 chewies so thats $4.20 worth and if eating that many you are also getting some empty calories by having the extra sugar and other ingredients . Having Glutamine by itself is uhh, its hard to flavour. Looking at the Betancourt site they have starter kits with the BCAA's, Creatine and Glutamine Chew's for $12.99US, for me its a no.

Grapelicious
Supplement Facts
Serving Size4Tablets
Servings Per Container30

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value*

Calories 40

Total Carbohydrates 6g 3%
Sugars 1.5g
Sodium 0 0

Carbohydrate Complex 4.5g **
Glutamine 4000mg **

* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
** Daily Value not established

Other Ingredients
Stearic Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Sucralose, Flavor, FD&C Blue #6, FD&C Red #40, Natural And Artificial Flavor

The Only Chance For Salvation Is The New Style Of Glutamine
Long overdue is a conscientiously stylish soul capable of saving the bodybuilding community from atrophy, not only of muscle but of mind; a thoughtful entity capable of rescuing us from the numbingly homogenized sameness of the suburban supplement scenery. Betancourt Nutrition is quickly establishing itself as that company. Their team of nutritional architects continues to construct culturally re-charging supplement formulations that tastefully cater to the intelligently rebellious bodybuilding non-conformist.

Are you in or are you out?
When you're ready to leave the passive herd of civilization and experience new worlds, Betancourt Nutrition's CHEWIES Glutamine will be there for your muscles to meditate on, whether they're chasing reps at the gym, miles on the beach or yards on the field. We've broken out of the soulless, tasteless mold of glutamine capsules, pills and powders to give you the emotionally nourishing four-dimensional experience of chewing.

No matter where you are or what time it is, from the moment you bite into CHEWIES Glutamine, 4000 mg of "addictively-sweet", laboratory-certified Glutamine will begin to permeate and penetrate your body. Inevitably it arrives at the doorways of even the innermost muscle fibers where its full gamut of pro-protein, pro-glycogen, pro-hydration, pro-recovery, pro-immunity, pro-etc. properties can do their bodybuilding thing. Every time is different because as CHEWIES Glutamine shapes your body, your body shapes CHEWIES Glutamine.

Don't say you weren't warned. Betancourt Nutrition cannot be held responsible for any "addictions" arising from the routine use of CHEWIES Glutamine. Granted, "addicted" is a strong word. However, the fact of the matter is that Betancourt's food scientists are as obsessed with good taste as your heart is with pumping blood. They have styled their proprietary and entirely one-of-a-kind chewable flavor systems with such relentless devotion that elite athletes take poetic license in describing them as "addictively sweet". We're not prepared to argue with them.

CHEWIES Glutamine

* 4000 mg of lab-certified Glutamine per serving, equivalent to ~4 g of protein How long does it take for CHEWIES Glutamine to take action in your body? How long does it normally take you to put a piece of candy in your mouth?
* Zero sodium: promotes muscle hardening: Many bodybuilding supplements are high in sodium. Too much sodium can cause water to "leak" out of your muscle cells, making them shrink (atrophy) and promoting catabolism. This is precisely the opposite of building muscle. When the water leaves your muscle cells, moreover, it can accumulate in the inter-cellular space (i.e. the space in between cells). This can have the effect of making your muscles look "smooth" or "bloated". In other words, you lose muscle definition and hardness. CHEWIES Glutamine contains no sodium at all, so you don't have to worry about this kind of un-cool stuff happening.
* Supports muscle glycogen and protein synthesis and thermogenesis (fat-burning): Glutamine can be converted into glucose (blood sugar). This is known as gluconeogenesis. Think of gluconeogenesis like you would the engine of your car. Your car needs gas to run. What makes gluconeogenesis run? Fat. The energy provided by the burning of fat stimulates gluconeogenesis. Some of the energy is lost as heat. (No engine is perfect.) That's why we can say that CHEWIES Glutamine supports thermogenesis and fat-burning. As far as glycogen is concerned, in 1999 Bowtell et al. demonstrated that glutamine promoted muscle glycogen re-synthesis after exercise as powerfully as a glucose polymer solution. The effectiveness of glutamine in recovering muscle glycogen was also shown by van Hal et al. in 2000.
* Supports recovery and mass and strength gains: Why do you lift weights? To build muscle. How does your body build muscle? It has to synthesize more muscle protein. Since glutamine supports protein synthesis, CHEWIES Glutamine can be said to support gains in muscle mass and strength. Remember, too, that after your workout your muscles need to replenish their glycogen stores, which exercise reduces the levels of. As noted above, glutamine supports glycogen re-synthesis.

Our own lab. Our own formulas. Our own flavor

Betancourt Nutrition owns its manufacturing lab where expert food scientists develop proprietary flavor systems with the relentless devotion of makers of fine wines. Nothing replicates the addictively sweet taste of CHEWIES. CHEWIES taste so good elite athletes swear they're eating muscle-building candy. They stack them all day in an effort to push their muscles to outrageous levels of mass, shape, hardness, definition, strength and recuperative power.

Escape the Cultural Homogenization
Escape the cultural homogenization and social regimentation. Amidst the numbing sameness of the suburban scenery, Betancourt Nutrition is quickly differentiating itself as the source of nutritional formulations that are as culturally re-charging and stylishly non-conformist as they are backed by real-world gym credibility ("gym cred"). Betancourt Nutrition was founded by Jorge Betancourt, a husband, father and former NPC bodybuilding champion with over 20 years of experience and a reputation for credibility.

Flavours: Grape, Tropical, Wild Berry

Directions For Betancourt Nutrition Glutamine Chewies: Take Glutamine Chewies if you are involved in any intense physical activity, undergoing any kind of stressful event. Chew 4 tablets 30 minutes before training. For elite athletes take one serving before and one serving immediately after training with 8 floz of water to ensure delivery. On non-training days distribute dosage throughout the day.

AZZA

SUPPLEMENT REVIEW BETANCOURT GLUTAMINE HIGH C Sour Apple.

Taste 4 STARS
Mixability 4.5 STARS
Digestability 4.5 STARS
GOODIES-Glutamine and Vitamin C
Cost Per Serve $1.15

Comments-Mix's well, no gritty bits, this make more sense to me than the Glutamine Chews, there are no empty calories, no fillers and one 6 gram dose yeilds 5 grams of Glutamine and 1000mg of Vitamin C. I could easily buy this. Dont ask me why a company brings out two very different products. This is clearly a better way of having Glutamine.

What's in Betancourt Nutrition Glutamine High-C?
View Specific Product Details:
Kiwi StrawberryOrange
60 Servings Orange
Supplement Facts
Serving Size1Scoop(6g)
Servings Per Container60

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value

Calories 20
Carbohydrate 0g 0
Sugars 0g
Protein 5g 10%
Vitamin C 1000mg 1666%
L-Glutamine 5g *

* Daily Value not established

Other Ingredients
Natural And Artificial Flavors, Sucralose, Acesulfame, Citric Acid

AZZA

I mentioned yesterday i had stacked some products. I wanted to see whether under extreme conditions (for me anyway) if i could perform better in the weight room. Friday this is what i stacked, i had a serve of Mortar, 2 Lucidrol and 4 Endorphix Caps about 20 minutes prior, i had this with 500ml water. I will give a run down of each one in more detail but basically Mortar is a stimulant free BCAA mix, Lucidrol is a herbal performance and mood enhancer and the Endorphix is a pre-workout endorphin amplifier product. This day i did back, traps and shoulders and worked out 45 minutes with little rest, set after set of first compounds and then some easier exercises. I was surprised at how i went, i hadnt worked these muscles for 4 weeks, it was 36 degree's outside, i had worked flat out all day since 7am. I sweated heaps and fatigue wasnt a factor. I could understand if there was caffeine etc in these products but there isnt. So that was my stack for Friday.

AZZA

Mondays Stack
4 Endorphix Caps, 1 serve Glutamine High C mixed with Tangerine ZizZaz energy sticks. Glutamine chewies after training. The sticks are creatine and vitamins and minerals. Like Friday it was similar conditions 32 degree heat, worked all day, running around and leg day as well. I did some good weights 360kg for leg press, the endurance was there for the unilateral sets i did. I hadnt done legs for 4 weeks. So the moral is try some stacks, whether you mix your own from bulk powders or brought products try something new.
AZZA