• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Soy Isolate... Any thoughts?

Rbars

Hi all its good to be back, finally finished my exams, and thankfully everything went smoothly; got some time off atm so will chill for now, then I'll get into some serious training.

The purpose of this thread to gain some accurate, unbiased and TRUE information regarding Soy Protein Isolate, as it is much much cheaper than WPI, all isolates are quickly absorbed, and I thought I might mix some with WPC for a solid post workout shake.

I just don't want to use SPI then develop cancer, autism and a whole list of other conditions supposedly linked to using it, so I would appreciate any input.

Cheers guys

I wouldn't even touch any form of soy...

Just read up on the dangers that are proven through studies (a whole list of them)...

The main concern for bodybuilders would be the conversion of testosterone to eostregen...

Stay away from that highly genetically modified shit in my opinion...

Hey oliver, I clearly said this thread was to get some accurate information about soy and whether the savings are worth it or not. I'd appreciate it if you explained what's wrong with saving money by buying soy, rather than comments like "stop being a cheapass".

Yea just a quick google search yields thousands of sites that are anti-soy, but then you have other sites dismissing these dangers, so it left me confused.

Bonnie, I'm looking at 2.5kg for $69 shipped, is it cheap or not really? What do you pay for yours?

Whey is CHEAP!

Bulk Nutrients

$92 for 5kg which will last you a fair while...

Add stevia and cocoa for taste and simple...

Soy is associated with a whole host of things that are PROVEN... It is the most genetically modified bean in the world, people who advocate soy are people who are mainly vegetarians (biased and stubborn and think that their way is right)...

You just have to look at things in perspective of what you want to achieve... If you want to live long eliminate all meats (especially red), go on a raw all organic diet, if you want to be strong and big simply eat your meats...

It comes down to what you want to achieve...

I dont know if I make sense, but ye.

Hey oliver, I clearly said this thread was to get some accurate information about soy and whether the savings are worth it or not. I'd appreciate it if you explained what's wrong with saving money by buying soy, rather than comments like "stop being a cheapass".

Yea just a quick google search yields thousands of sites that are anti-soy, but then you have other sites dismissing these dangers, so it left me confused.

Bonnie, I'm looking at 2.5kg for $69 shipped, is it cheap or not really? What do you pay for yours?

i dont know if that price you said is for soy or whey but i pay $158 for 6kg from here Whey Protein Isolate and ive also got stuff from bulk nutrients. no dramas. like others have said, stay away from soy! good luck.

Cheers Daniel i get what you're saying, and yea generally the only two groups endorsing it were a) vegetarian groups and b) those selling soy products or affiliated with its manufacturing.

Thanks Boonie, and that price is WPI. Soy sells at $25 for 2 kilos, so you can understand why it was tempting..

But these comments are pretty conclusive really, and the general gist is that soy is to be avoided. Thanks guys for warning me before I made what could've been the biggest mistake! This is why I'm an ausbb member.:cool:

Hi all its good to be back, finally finished my exams, and thankfully everything went smoothly; got some time off atm so will chill for now, then I'll get into some serious training.

The purpose of this thread to gain some accurate, unbiased and TRUE information regarding Soy Protein Isolate, as it is much much cheaper than WPI, all isolates are quickly absorbed, and I thought I might mix some with WPC for a solid post workout shake.

I just don't want to use SPI then develop cancer, autism and a whole list of other conditions supposedly linked to using it, so I would appreciate any input.

Cheers guys

Soy was a popular supplement back in the fifties as it was a lot cheaper than milk, far cheaper to process and store.

It's inferior to dairy, everyone knows this.
Small amounts of soy should not cause any issue...if you google soy isolate you will see it's not a healthy option or replacement to dairy.

The FDA put a scare into us back a long time ago telling us dairy is bad and as usual we went from one extreme to the other.

Just look at us now.

Just now we are realizing that dairy is essential in our diet, like all food unprocessed is a lot better for us.

My thinking is; if you eat a substance that lacks the amount of vital nutrients we tend to eat more to compensate, eating more while moving less is not a good combination.

As we now can see.

See, when you said 'soy causes autism' I knew I shouldn't waste my breath linking you to a study.

I could have said stop being a lazy arse and google it, but there are too many Campfire girls here that seem to get their thongs in a knot.

Righto. Message loud and clear. Stay away from soy. But that last comment of yours oliver was not warranted.

And Silverback thank you for the first comment which is pretty much what I learnt from googling the topic; dairy>soy. Just wanted to have it double checked with people here who know what they're talkin about.