• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

2011 lifting goals

Not sure what my goals should be for a whole year.

I'm sure a 200kg squat and a 220kg deadlift will be attainable, and a 140kg bench would be nice but wil take much longer than the squat and the dead.

Once I hit the squat and dead I'll make new goals, also I really should lose a bit of fat.

EDIT: Just to be clear the I don't plan on it taking a whole year to add 20kg to my squat and deadlift.

Last edited:
I'll compete raw and equipped. Here are my goals for competition lifts@ 120kg.
Raw (by which I mean belt and wrist wraps only):
squat: 325
bench: 235
deadlift: 320
t= 880

Equipped (single ply of course):
squat: 390
bench: 290
deadlift: 320
t= 1000

The real trick is staying injury free.
I only did 2 full comps this year and I am about to do my 3rd bench comp. Next year I'll probably do raw nationals, equipped nationals and 1 international event. I'm undecided abut which one. Maybe open worlds in Nov, where I'll get my butt kicked- possibly world masters, which seems like a cop out in a lot of ways. If had lifted at this years world masters and totaled the same as I did at the nationals (which I think was under par for me) not only would I have won my division, but I would have taken best lifter. However, world masters is like 'last man standing'. World Open I would struggle to get top 5. At this years worlds I would have gone 6th in squat, 4th in bench, 10th in deadlift and 7th overall. However, I think I'm capable of top 3 in squat and bench. To get there I'd need something like a 400 squat and 300 bench.

1000kg SP!! I'm so envious
That will give you the bioflex $1K too yeah..?
No-one in the ipf has gotten that since its been offered..?
An awesome milestone and i beleive that you should get it..

By the end of 2011

Get down to 90kg

Whilst achieving a 185kg deadlift, 140kg squat, 120kg bench

It will be hard as I an touring Europe (for partying reasons - alcohol) for 3months so I will see how that works...

1000kg SP!! I'm so envious
That will give you the bioflex $1K too yeah..?
No-one in the ipf has gotten that since its been offered..?
An awesome milestone and i beleive that you should get it..

Don't be envious. Talk is cheap. Be envious if I do it. $1K?? Never crossed my mind. 1000kg is cooler than $1000.
I believe the biggest PA total is 940, so no one has ever been close- although there are dudes out there who could get it. Odell, Nathan Baxter, Adam Pinkard- possibly Chris Caltabiano.

Don't be envious. Talk is cheap. Be envious if I do it. $1K?? Never crossed my mind. 1000kg is cooler than $1000.
I believe the biggest PA total is 940, so no one has ever been close- although there are dudes out there who could get it. Odell, Nathan Baxter, Adam Pinkard- possibly Chris Caltabiano.
SP is correct, $1000 is peanuts 1000kg total would be a crown a great achievement great feeling of well being and respect from all.

Not play rugby and dedicate a year to lifting and training hard. Compete Raw at both Pro Raw events and equipped at CAPO states and nats.

PROne - bw 110kg
Squat: 250+
Bench: 115+
Dead: 250+
Total: 615+

Equipped Goals
Squat: 300+
Bench: 150+
Dead: 280+
Total: 730+

BW strict mil press - 15kg to go
120kg bench - 15kg to go
200kg dead - 20kg to go
175kg squat - 10-15kg to go
100kg PC - 10kg to go

not get fat.
still trying to lose the few extra "eat heaps bro" kgs I got last year.
and it is taking heaps longer and seems more difficult this time round at age 33.

not worried about abs etc.. just want to feel more comfortable...

My goals are to lean up for my 30th birthday next December while adding at least 20kg to all my lifts so thats: squat 230kg/bench 160kg/deadlift 270kg. Hopefully with just gradual fat loss this will be possible.

I just want to be strong, and injury free.

Squat double bodyweight
Squat 1.5 times bodyweight x 20
Bench press 1.5 times bodyweight
Bench press bodyweight x 10
Deadlift 2.5 times bodyweight
Standing strict military press bodyweight
Clean & push press bodyweight x 5
15 dead hang wide grip chins
Powerclean 1.2 times bodyweight

Hopefully I get there in 6 months.

my goal is pretty reasonable, and achievable... I want to make PTC basic strength requirements... And have some visible abs...

Thats pretty much it...

- maintain my now paltry weight of 72kg (13kg down on this time last year) until my wedding in march :(
- equal or better my squat, dead, bench PB's at <75kg (they were set at 84.7kg)
- compete at my first BJJ tournament, most likely Pan Pacs next November
- if i manage to reach my PB goals, then possibly compete at a ProRaw event

By the end of 2011 I'd like to be able to squat 140 3x10, bench 100 3x8 & deadlift 160 3x8.

Not sure if thats achievable but got to aim for something.

My goal, for the end of 2011 is to lift raw.
Squat 220kg
Bench 120kg
Deadlift 250kg

Also to compete in at least 3 PL comps (battle of gyms + two others).

Bench 120 (+10)
Squat 160 (+20)
Deadlift 200 (+50)
Overhead 100 (+10)
Powerclean 100 (+20)

If i could make these for 1 or 2 reps I'd be happy. These are minimums I want, but we'll see.
Also aim to do a PL competition.

Good luck everyone with yours!

My Goals for 2011 would be to:

Bench 160 Kg
Deadlift 225 kg
Mil Press 100 kg
Squat 180 kg

Guess I can look back on this in 12 months and see how close I got, or better yet, how much I exceeded these by :)