• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

2011 lifting goals

MikeW

Hi Guys,

Well its almost the end of another year. Time to reflect on how you went against your 2010 goals and to be bold and set your 2011 goals. Go on record and tell the forum what you're going to achieve next year. We can check back this time in 2011 and see how we all went against our personal goals.

I'll go first.

I want to add 20kg to my bench and 40kg to my other lifts. Pretty conservative, but injuries from pushing too hard too fast have caused me to reflect on the pace of growth this old frame can endure. That's 4 PPP cycles with 5kg gains each cycle on bench and 10kg gains each cycle on squats and deads.

So, I want:

Squat: 180kg
Bench: 110kg
Dead: 200kg

Ante up boys and girls. What's your 2011 goals?

Cheers,
Mike

I'll compete raw and equipped. Here are my goals for competition lifts@ 120kg.
Raw (by which I mean belt and wrist wraps only):
squat: 325
bench: 235
deadlift: 320
t= 880

Equipped (single ply of course):
squat: 390
bench: 290
deadlift: 320
t= 1000

The real trick is staying injury free.
I only did 2 full comps this year and I am about to do my 3rd bench comp. Next year I'll probably do raw nationals, equipped nationals and 1 international event. I'm undecided abut which one. Maybe open worlds in Nov, where I'll get my butt kicked- possibly world masters, which seems like a cop out in a lot of ways. If had lifted at this years world masters and totaled the same as I did at the nationals (which I think was under par for me) not only would I have won my division, but I would have taken best lifter. However, world masters is like 'last man standing'. World Open I would struggle to get top 5. At this years worlds I would have gone 6th in squat, 4th in bench, 10th in deadlift and 7th overall. However, I think I'm capable of top 3 in squat and bench. To get there I'd need something like a 400 squat and 300 bench.

Last edited:
2010 goals were not met, due to various excuses (financial and other circumstances / injury).

2011 goals will probably go as follows:

Squat: 200
Bench: 150
Deadlift: Want 500 pounds, so lets say a nice even 230
Overhead press: 100

Apart from the main lifts goals are to be consistent - don't miss a day of lifting and don't fuck up eating due to laziness/convenience. Incorporating mobility work for 10-15min a day (using the mobility work out of the day blog for this, check it out it's good stuff).

The things I have allowed to hold me back the past couple years are no longer a factor, so it's all on me now. :D

You can do it SP would be great if you brought home a medal at the worlds.
Can I ask whats the hardest part for you in the deadlifts?

Next year I'll be competing under ProRaw rules and probably single ply equipped at Battle of the Gyms (local unsanctioned meet in ACT) @ 110...
My aim is to compete at two ProRaw events one in Jan and one in the second half of the year...

ProwRaw
squat: 340
bench: 180
dead: 310
tot: 830

Equipped
squat: 380
bench: 200
dead: 330
tot: 910

200kg squat is my main goal of 2011.
bench of 137.5kg (300 pounds)
deadlift 250kg

I also want to go to nationals, whether its with PA(raw) or CAPO.

Realisticlly, I'd like to go to the nationals again.
At 82.5
Squat 180
Bench 130
Dead 240

After this next comp in december, I'm having 2 months off. I would have set higher goals otherwise.

Matti Tikka Challenge is my last chance this year to get 650
240 Squat
155 Bench
255 Deadlift

First have of the year I was injured back then shoulder since the Nationals training has been going really well the week before last i hit 2 pbs in 1 week and backed it up last week and 1 more on Monday as my weight is under 67.5 kgs now.

Next year will probably be 74s and will be looking at, at least a 700 Total.

You can do it SP would be great if you brought home a medal at the worlds.
Can I ask whats the hardest part for you in the deadlifts?

The deadlift suffered a little after I tore my bicep. I switched over to hook grip and that has taken time to get used to. I suspect that if I switched to sumo in the long run I'd pull more, but my mobility is terrible and as a result my sumo technique makes deadlifting a battle against my body. With hook grip its not just a matter of holding onto the bar- but a lot of power is lost if the bar slips- so grip has been a major priority. I have worked out some great exercises that have helped so hopefully I'll pull more soon.

^ Keep up with Sticky. If I can do that I'll be a happy happy man.

Bench 130
Squat 170
Deadlift 200

Goals i had for 2010 were:

200kg Dead - Got it just before i hurt my back, was pretty dodgy lift though.
120kg Bench - Got it and a little more. Hoping for 125kg by the end of 2010.
Never really had a squat goal but i want BWx20 by the end of 2010.

Also my biggest goal was to not be a fat bastard which i have almost achieved. Have about 5kg to go before i consider myself not a fat bastard.

And no alcohol which i havent had any for 14 months now.

Goals for 2011 are:

220kg dead
140kg bench
170kg squat

15% BF @ 100-105kg.

I think these are fairly reasonable for 12 months...

Hopefully PPP will get me there!

I really didnt do shit this year. I was hoping to put another wheel on each of my lifts but have been too disorganised to even lift with uni.

Next year I'm seeing a psyche, we'll be talking about stress/procrastination...

Goals for next year:
- Workout x3 a week no matter what
- Put 10kg on my squat and deadlift and 5kg on my bench
- Get down to 10% bodyfat

Goals for the end of 2011:
Squat: 155kg
Dead: 175kg
Bench: 110kg
O/H Press: 85kg

I think they're pretty reasonable from where I'm at.

I'll set some specific goal lifts after the next comp at the end of this month, but for 2011, I just want more of the same like this year: lifting 3 times a week, no missed session, injury free and as little sick time as possible.

ill compete the capo states and nationals and the 2 pro raw events aswell as a few strong man events..

Goals by nationals next year be 80kg 7-8% BF
RAW
Squat 240
Bench 160
Dead 270

would love to stay injury free and crack a 700 total under 80kg but realisticly that may be 18-24 months away

Also I want to MP 110KG and behind neck PP 140-150kg

Last edited:
^ Keep up with Sticky. If I can do that I'll be a happy happy man.

Bench 130
Squat 170
Deadlift 200

Mine are similar.

Bench 140
Squat 180
Deadlift 210

Not a lifting goal either, but want to finally get a home gym up and running.

I just want to put together at least 6 months of injury free training.

If I can do that I should put 15+ kg on squat and dead and maybe 5-10 on my bench.