• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

2011 lifting goals

My goals for 2011 are something like...

Squat @ 150kg
Bench @ 130kg
Deadlift @ 210kg
Military Press @ 100kg

However not sure what my career will be like next year for sure, depending on which way I go will greatly effect my lifts next year.

Don't be envious. Talk is cheap. Be envious if I do it. $1K?? Never crossed my mind. 1000kg is cooler than $1000.
I believe the biggest PA total is 940, so no one has ever been close- although there are dudes out there who could get it. Odell, Nathan Baxter, Adam Pinkard- possibly Chris Caltabiano.

True.
Do you think Baxter and Pinkard will come back to full 3 lift comps though..? I think Chris C and Odell will be the guys that will push you the most and vice versa. Seeing you push through that magical 1000kg barrier will still be awesome SP!

True.
Do you think Baxter and Pinkard will come back to full 3 lift comps though..? I think Chris C and Odell will be the guys that will push you the most and vice versa. Seeing you push through that magical 1000kg barrier will still be awesome SP!

I'm not sure we'll see Odell anytime soon..

I have no strength goals, only to get bigger and leaner.
I can already bench over 100 for reps, squat 130 for reps and dead 150 for reps, have not tested 1rm's.
Maybe i should not post my goals in the strength section since they are not applicable :rolleyes::D

hahah, yeah I am.
I will next year once I start easting heaps again... Around March or April.

Someone told me at the Nationals he sold all his gear, iv got a feeling Chris C will move up to the 125s for Matti Tikka

I think from memory he sold all his gear to pay for a knee op..
Someone correct me if i'm wrong..

Chris may move up to the 125's but next year with the new weight catergories he'll be in the 120's..?

SQ 170
DEAD 220
BENCH 125

most work needs to go into the squat, dead will come up untrained if i make 170SQ. bench just needs time.

made all my mistakes this year, i know what to do now :lol: patience is a virtue

Ok so I got SQ 160, BP 90 and DL 197.5 at the comp yesterday, 447.5 total.

Was underperforming on all 3 lifts, but that's why comp lifts are harder than gym lifts. My max atm are around SQ 165~170, BP (paused) 95~100 and DL ~205.

Next year, I want for a 500kg raw total. Anything more is a bonus.

my 2011 goals.

300kg deadlift
180kg bench
230kg squat
120kg military press

my 2010 goals

250kg deadlift done
150kg bench done
190kg squat 10kg short of 200kg goal

wouldnt mind a 5 x 5 squat off close to 200kg

all gym lifts raw

Been a shitty year with some injuries. Hoping next year to be injury free along with.

Sq 220 (currently 185)
Fr Sq 180 (currently 145)
De 272 (currently 240)
Log Clean & Press 150 (currently 120)
Yoke 350x20m
Farmers 150x20m
170 stone

Well I've made it to 100kg BW properly (I did it a few weeks back by drinking 1.5L without pissing, made 100.0 on my scales took photo then went for a piss).

Next year I'd like to Squat 160, Bench 100 and Dead 200 (more would be nice, but 200kg is all I have atm). I'd also like to do a handstand pushup, so I guess I need to press 100kg or so for that to happen.

At the moment I can squat 100kgx5x5 and bench 75 or 80 x5x5. I'm still making good progress when I'm lifting consistently but that's the key isn't it. It looks like I might have a training partner other than my son in the new year so we can make sure we both make up for any missed sessions.

I also want to have the ripper rugby season I was due to have last year if it wasn't for a wrist injury ending the season for me. I just have to learn to say "thankyou sir" more and "you useless prick, learn to count to 2" a bit less.