• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What type of training routine is this? is this a good well rounded one?

justMOVE

Exercises in the same order as done in the gym

DAY 1

core

- Swiss ball plank roll outs
- side plank
- reverse plank

shoulder

- scapular push ups
- exercise band shoulder extension

main workout -
- weighted push ups
- machine chest press
- incline dumbbell chest press
- cable straight arm push down
- close grip lat pull down
- bent arm pull over
- arnold press
- cable frontraise
- dumbbell shrugs

DAY 2

core - same as day 1

shoulder - same as day 1

main workout
- cable bicep curl
- incline hammer curl
- close grip machine bench press
- skull crusher
- dumbbell static lunges
- vertical machine leg press
- calf presses on a leg press machine
- barbell wrist curls

DAY 3

cardio - 30 m

abs
- swiss ball crunches
- oblique twists
- hanging leg raises

back
- back extension
- cat and camel

Day 4 - Rest

Day 5,6&7 - Repeat

Training routine
-This training routine was given to me by the trainer (whom i don't like) in the gym.
- physio assessment done before being given this routine

exercise selection?
- is the workout missing any important experience?
- Do i have to add or remove any exercises from the routine?

what is better?
- core & shoulder exercises before lifting weights or after?
- abs on weight lifting days or on cardio days?

dealing with boredem! supersetting?
- when i get bored of doing the same routine, can i superset these exercises? or any other way to deal with the boredom that sets in with doing the same thing over and over?

level of experience
- I'm a beginner and have little to no idea or knowledge about creating or modifying a training routine, selection of exercises, repetition tempos, etc etc

How to cut down workout time?
- it takes me 2 hours to complete! including 30 minutes of static stretches at the end of the workout.
- core 15m, shoulder 10m, weight lifts 60m, static stretches 35m = 120m
- i want to be able to complete the workout in 60m including stretches!

Any inputs will be immeasurably helpful! suffering from low motivation :(

I want you to print off a hardcopy of the routine you've just written us. Once you're done light the stove and set fire to it.

Report back here, read one of the beginners threads stickied in this forum, pick one and go from there.

I want you to print off a hardcopy of the routine you've just written us. Once you're done light the stove and set fire to it.

Report back here, read one of the beginners threads stickied in this forum, pick one and go from there.

thanks for the reply! will do that! but what's wrong with the current routine?

In short it tells us nothing of volume, it ignores 2/3rds of the body's musculature, its exercise selection is appalling and it has no objective goals.

Mate it is a very shit program. Choose a beginners program from here and you will get much better results.

It is like the trainer picked a bunch of exercises at random for certain body parts and went there you go. There is so much pressing in there and no rowing and I am not even going to go on about the lack of leg exercises. Also there is a ton of machine work and isolation work.

That is good advice. Forget the program.

lol sounds similar to a program the "instructor" gave my missus.

WAY too much volume.

Totally unbalanced program.

Too complicated for a beginner to complete effectively alone.

Very inefficient choice of exercises.

Dump it.

Mate it is a very shit program. Choose a beginners program from here and you will get much better results.

It is like the trainer picked a bunch of exercises at random for certain body parts and went there you go. There is so much pressing in there and no rowing and I am not even going to go on about the lack of leg exercises. Also there is a ton of machine work and isolation work.

That is good advice. Forget the program.

hi! I just finished reading up all the posts in the thread
icon1.gif
Beginners program, couldn't grasp many concepts discussed by the folks there as I'm brand new to weight training. there is a smith machine in my gym, I have never used a barbell ever and I train alone. I don't expect any assistance from the trainers in the gym.

so how do I go about implementing this training routine,

Squat 3 x 10
- I have experience only in doing bodyweight squats using swiss ball
- Am i supposed to start my first training session with bodyweight squats?

Bench press 3 x 8
- is this supposed to be executed on a smith machine?
- close grip or wide grip?
- flat or incline bench?

Bent row 3 x 8
- using dumbbells or barbells?
- the only kind of rowing I have ever done is on a rowing ergometer

Military press 3 x 8
- standing or seated?
- barbell or dumbbell?

SLDL 3 x 8

BB curl 3 x 8
- I have experience in doing only cable curls
- there are barbells of varying sizes in the gym, which one do I go for?

what weight am I supposed to lift?

sorry if questions are too basic, I'm just clueless.

hi! I just finished reading up all the posts in the thread
icon1.gif
Beginners program, couldn't grasp many concepts discussed by the folks there as I'm brand new to weight training. there is a smith machine in my gym, I have never used a barbell ever and I train alone. I don't expect any assistance from the trainers in the gym.

so how do I go about implementing this training routine,

Squat 3 x 10
- I have experience only in doing bodyweight squats using swiss ball
- Am i supposed to start my first training session with bodyweight squats?

Bench press 3 x 8
- is this supposed to be executed on a smith machine?
- close grip or wide grip?
- flat or incline bench?

Bent row 3 x 8
- using dumbbells or barbells?
- the only kind of rowing I have ever done is on a rowing ergometer

Military press 3 x 8
- standing or seated?
- barbell or dumbbell?

SLDL 3 x 8

BB curl 3 x 8
- I have experience in doing only cable curls
- there are barbells of varying sizes in the gym, which one do I go for?

what weight am I supposed to lift?

sorry if questions are too basic, I'm just clueless.

Stay away from smith machine, stick to free weights.
Ask someone in gym for a spot if you think you might fail.
Learn good form with squats (start body weight, then slowly up the weight)
Bench on the bench, not the smith machine, use any grip that you are most comfortable with. I grip my hands on the rings basically. Go for flat bench.
Barbell for bent-over row.
Military press is standing, Barbell.
BB curl use a barbell, could use ezy-curl bar i guess.
You should try be going up in weight every session, progressing every session is very important.
Have about 2 warm up sets before worksets, 1 with bar, 1 50% of your worksets and then 3 sets of same weight (worksets).
Start light weights and practice good form, once you have good form go up in weights.
Post videos up on here if to critique your form.

Stay away from smith machine, stick to free weights.
Ask someone in gym for a spot if you think you might fail.
Learn good form with squats (start body weight, then slowly up the weight)
Bench on the bench, not the smith machine, use any grip that you are most comfortable with. I grip my hands on the rings basically. Go for flat bench.
Barbell for bent-over row.
Military press is standing, Barbell.
BB curl use a barbell, could use ezy-curl bar i guess.
You should try be going up in weight every session, progressing every session is very important.
Have about 2 warm up sets before worksets, 1 with bar, 1 50% of your worksets and then 3 sets of same weight (worksets).
Start light weights and practice good form, once you have good form go up in weights.
Post videos up on here if to critique your form.

Thanks a bunch for clearing my doubts :), now I feel a bit more confident to try this new routine. I'll google for the proper way to execute these exercises and post back here if I have any further doubts. its okay to do these exercises without anyone spotting me, right?

If I moved to India and set up PTC Banghalore, is it possible I could make a buck? Are there many people in India?

If I moved to India and set up PTC Banghalore, is it possible I could make a buck? Are there many people in India?

umm i think there are many wanting to lose weight but i am not sure if there are many who would be interested in power lifting