• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

To cross over to the "darkside" or not.

LilLifter

Hey guys, I'm just after a bit of advice.
Basically the oppotunity has presented it self to me to start a Steriod cycle.

A bit of background first:
I've been lifting for 8years now and although I love my running (probably too much) I believe it has been what has kept me from getting any big gains. In saying that I'm not a runt, I'm a fairly atheletic build but I have been the same build for nearly 4 years. And my progress in the gym has been non exsistent for nearly 18months, I've made some slight improvements but over all very minimal. I eat right and train hard but even when I stopped running completely for 4months I still remained the same weight and was lifting the same weight. *sigh*

Meanwhile I watch all the fimiliar faces at the gym making progress in looks and lifts at a rate that makes me wonder why I still bother.

So a friend approached me and says I should start a cycle with him. This will be his 2nd cycle and the gains he has made on the first were huge. He was taking Test E with HGH.

Now with all the research I have done everyone recommends a PCT with Test E however when I ask him what he did for his PCT he said nothing. He claims that he hasn't experienced any harsh side effects from taking this and that the HGH helps to counter the Sides from Test.

Has anyone got any knowledge/experience on this?

I am really considering doing this but don't want to lose the gains post cycle and have all the sides kick in.

I Have looked in to getting all the PCT stuff but obviously Nolva and Clomid aren't OTC and my mate was no help, Is there anything like these that is OTC and can help, even if only doing a light cycle (250mgx2/w, 3iu/day) could I get away without them?

Any help would be appreciated,
Cheers.

That 500mg a week of test, it's not really "light". You will get shut down and testicular atrophy.
You should use pct as well as hcg.
You need to do alot more research before you dive in.

Last edited:
Why do you want to be bigger?

Do you want to compete as a bodybuilder?

Do you like scaring women and children with your size?

My bad. I'm 26, 186cm, 83kg, 12%BF

As for lifts, Most recents:
Bench 85kgx5 (or 35kg DBs x 4) (has always been my worst lift)
Deadlift 160kgx2
Squat 110kg x 5
I'm not the biggest lifter in the world (or my gym) by my goal is to be able to bench 100kg x10, DL 170x10, and squat 170x10
I am also a big fan of heaves and dips currently doing 5heaves with 15kgs, and 5dips with 25kgs.

Ok.
You need to eat. You need time under the bar. You haven't even made begginner standards yet.
Unless you have a medical condition, you are NOT ready for a cycle.

Post up your routine and everything you ate today.

You don't need steroids, you need to train and eat properly. Once you're actually lifting some substantial weight then can think about juice. Or you might realise that you didn't need to use them in the first place.

Last edited:
My bad. I'm 26, 186cm, 83kg, 12%BF

As for lifts, Most recents:
Bench 85kgx5 (or 35kg DBs x 4) (has always been my worst lift)
Deadlift 160kgx2
Squat 110kg x 5
I'm not the biggest lifter in the world (or my gym) by my goal is to be able to bench 100kg x10, DL 170x10, and squat 170x10
I am also a big fan of heaves and dips currently doing 5heaves with 15kgs, and 5dips with 25kgs.

Eat more, change your program there are many good programs out there to choose from. Stick to the program as it says, progress like it says (constant). Did I mention eat more. Find a coach if you can who knows what they are doing. Stay away from the drugs you don't need it in fact you are extremely far from needing it.

Your friends a fucking idiot

No pct... He has no idea what he is doing.

As stated something you have been doing is wrong.. Food or trainin or both, I don't believe people can't gain weight it's just ridiculous.

It's simple if you can't gain without gear how to youever expect to progress or maintain without it?

Your going down the Aron path in a big way and need to get yourself sorted asap. Even on steroid friendly forums you will hear the same thing.

We can help you get bigger and strong properly but there is no short cut for where you want to go.

Last edited:
I'm more after the strength gains then the size, the size is good for the misses.
My job is fairly active the stronger I am the easier things become. It's the main reason I train hard and want to improve so much.
I have done my Cert 3 in fitness so I know a bit about how to train the body, but either I'm doing something wrong or my body just doesnt want to grow anymore, I've changed up my routine several times (keeping to the same one for a minimum of 6weeks).
I'm not diving in either thats why I'm starting to crawl the forums looking for advice. And doing my research.

I had the testosterone of your grandmother and bettered all your lifts.. I'm sure you can too.

More food more sleep more compounds, where are you from?

I have done my Cert 3 in fitness so I know a bit about how to train the body, but either I'm doing something wrong

A cert 3 teaches you crap all about how to properly program. Don't rely on any of the information from it. It is a starting point to get you going (and not a good one at that).

You are most likely doing 2 things wrong you are not training properly and are not eating enough. Post up how you train. Don't worry about the food bit as it is obvious you are not eating enough as you havent grown. Even on an average program if you eat enough you will get bigger.

Getting off topic here.

I'll try to condense what everyones saying here in a nice way....

Lil Lifter, you are in no way ready for a cycle. Simple as that. You can't bench 100kg, you can't deadlift 180, you cant' squat 140. When you can do those your an intermediate. In the meantime though, if you are focusing on strength look in the Beginner's Programs available because they will definitely help your strength if you put your mind to it and eat big. If we were to see your diet I'm fairly sure it'd be a simple matter of cals vs cals out. That's how people grow.

If you were to do a cycle, yes you would get stronger, the side effects however really aren't worth it (possible side effects). But as you get stronger, everything else needs time to keep up. E.g. your tendons, which won't grow at the same rate as your muscles putting alot of strain on them. I by no means mean to bash your friend but doing a cycle without pct is seriously ignorant and he's very lucky if nothing happens to him as a result.

This is all friendly advice as a well so take it if you want, ignore it if you want. But you haven't even come close to your natural limits yet. Come close to hitting them before you really risk yourself for minimal gain which could be achieved naturally.

Peoples comments may seem a bit harsh but just post up your training and diet and we'll help you out. But yeh seems like you're not eating anywhere near as much as you should.

Juice won't make your cock bigger! Unless your doing cock push ups or something...
hahahaha

Agree with sticky - you need to eat and eat. the no 1 cause for fuck all gains is people not eating enough.

Also try a 5x5 program - i've always gained alot of mass and strength through that program. Steroids just end up getting you in the shit one way or the other - not worth it.