• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

SKitz

Just curious, when is it worth actually using suppliments?
are they only worth using if your in the gym 8 hours a day sort of thing?
or are they good for the average person also?

Whey protein can be used as a supplement to an already well rounded diet, depending on your goals. ie, gain strength and mass, or cut fat.

Some people use creatine, as it has been proven to increase strength and endurance.

Just curious, when is it worth actually using suppliments?
are they only worth using if your in the gym 8 hours a day sort of thing?
or are they good for the average person also?

Supplements aren't just for gym users, there are plenty of good health supplements out there to help/aid an already good diet. i.e. fish oil, multi v, probiotic, greens blends

Need to have a really good look at your diet before investing in heaps of supplements. Everybody should take a Multi Vitamin regardless if they exercise or not imo.
Think about Purchasing some protein powder to compliment your diet and later think about trying out creatine / glutamine. Sort of have to draw a line somewhere, diet can always be improved and is the foundation of your success/failure, supplements are there to compliment it.

Need to have a really good look at your diet before investing in heaps of supplements. Everybody should take a Multi Vitamin regardless if they exercise or not imo.
Think about Purchasing some protein powder to compliment your diet and later think about trying out creatine / glutamine. Sort of have to draw a line somewhere, diet can always be improved and is the foundation of your success/failure, supplements are there to compliment it.
Love to know yor reasoning why a multi is of vital importance. I do not get any benefit from multi. Does not make me feel more energetic, does not make my muscles grow quicker..I do not know what it does aside from giving some one an excuse to have a poor unbalanced diet.
I do take fish oil though, that has help my knees no end.

Why glutamine? :eek:

Love to know yor reasoning why a multi is of vital importance. I do not get any benefit from multi. Does not make me feel more energetic, does not make my muscles grow quicker..I do not know what it does aside from giving some one an excuse to have a poor unbalanced diet.
I do take fish oil though, that has help my knees no end.

I don't think the effects are meant to be felt physically. I've noticed they can help when you're sick, but as a rule of thumb I try to get less potent multi's. Also have some sort of fat when you take them as some of the vitamins are fat soluble. a bit off the topic but just thought I'd mention it

Last edited:
I've previously used multi vitamins and fish oil tablets and also never felt a difference.
bit off topic, in your opinion is it possible to gain muscle while having a shit diet?

Supplements should be used with a proper weight training diet. It depends on your goals, if your looking for muscle then a protein powder is best for post workouts. Creatine and Nitric Oxide is good for pre workouts to help you push more. You dont have to be a gym nut to take supplements, as long as you workout regularly and have a descent diet then go for it, there meant to aid your progress.