• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How many shakes a day?

I say eat steak first. I am biased. I can eat 2kg of steak in a day easily before I drink the same amount of protein shake. Age is catching up though...

Ideally 1 or 2?

Protein from food first; whatever you can't make up, supplement (be reasonable though, don't drink 200g worth of protein..)

when should i have one? im new to the supplement side of it,
pre workout, after workout? before bed wat?

Like everything else it depends on what study you read. Some studies show peak protein absorption a short time after workout and others show it for a couple of days (vague memory here). Suppose it would also depend on the breakdown of the shake you are talking about in regards to speed of absorption. Man, one of these knowledgeable people will answer you soon.

Stick to two roughly. One after your workout and maybe one before bed. Or before your workout. Whichever you choose. As long as your eating well and exercise common sense you'll see gains.

I normally have 2-3 per day.

1 with breakfast (with, not for!), 1 immediately after I train and 1 before bed

only training 3 times a week should give you plenty of time to prepare food on your non training days :)

I usually only have them straight after training, try and get your diet right first

Whey is fine....whey is meant to activate the most muscle synthesis due to leucine (I think?) Just have it with some milk and I think some cottage cheese. Don't over think it/over spend on supplements. Your not going to notice a difference between whey and casein.

hey lads, just wanting to know the nessacery amount of shakes a day!!!!
Whatever amount that meets with “necessary”.

In other words, you do what you do and whatever you need to do to get the job done, no more and no less. That would satisfy what is “necessary”.

PS: For a more detailed answer, I would need a more detailed question. Thank you.

Fadi.