• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

The Rinse and Repeat program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hey guys.
Well as most of you have probably become aware, I have just finished the trailing of a program I have put together. Ive been getting quite a few PM's about it, so I thought I'd start a thread and let everybody else know what was going on.
We have been using this style of program in our gym for about 4 months, on about 15 people and have had great results.

The good thing with this program is that all you need to do is enter your current 1rm, and it will give you all the weights, reps and sets you need to do for the next 11 weeks in an extremely easy to follow format. Its designed to provide the lifter with a solid base to work from, with solid and steady gains.

The reason that I developed this program was for a few reasons.
1- To see if I could do it.
2- To see how well I could do it.
3- To see the type of people this program will benefit.
4- To develop a program that could be used for a long time, and provide steady gains.
4- To raise some funds for the new gym.

After the trail phase was over, and deemed successful, I forwarded it on to some big lifters for review. Some of these guys total between 800-960kg, so I was very grateful when they took the time to offer advice and praise on the program.
The reviews all came back positive...... But one :D. This one said it would be quite demanding, at an elite level, but was do-able. Lets face it though, if your squatting in excess of 350kg, you probably dont need this program :D.
Having said that though.... I was told this is very similar to how Laurie Butler did/still trains, I thought that was pretty cool. Who here can argue with Lauries results? Google the name or check out CAPO's record board if you dont know who he is :p.

Now as I am raising funds for the move, and new equipment, Id really appreciate a $10 donation for the program.

If your interested, PM me, or ask questions here :)

Also a big thanks for those that have already got the program, your donation is very much appreciated :).

Cheers fella's
Sticky.

Who cares about results I want to know what you use to rinse with after the program? It obviously has some kind of special strength building magic. It isn't a certain large dose of gel is it sticky?

And on a serious note how has the program gone? Have you tried it out with beginners? Intermediates? Any failures so far?

what results have you gotten on this program from your 15 lifters?

Good question mate, and one I should have most probably answered in my op. Most lifters have gained around 10% on their lifts. The results will vary of course, but I personally expect a minimum of 5% gain out of every cycle. A 10% increse on a 150kg squat is doable, a 10% increase on a 300kg squat is no so doable.
I was going to use this program to for the up and coming capo deadlift comp to go from 220kg to ~235kg but I am unfortunately injured.

Who cares about results I want to know what you use to rinse with after the program? It obviously has some kind of special strength building magic. It isn't a certain large dose of gel is it sticky?

And on a serious note how has the program gone? Have you tried it out with beginners? Intermediates? Any failures so far?

I've tried it out on people with lifts from 80kg to 220kg. The program works best for intermediates, or really any lifts over 100kg.
A beginner would do well to nail the basics, and spend some quality time under the bar.

im interested sticky, can you give us some more info about it please?

What else would you like to know mate?
It's calculated off your current lifts.
Their is a bit if volume for the first 7 weeks, then the intensity shoots up as the volume drops, this will prime you for your new 1rm attempt.
It WILL provide you with steady gains...... For a long, long time.
It's very simple to follow and use.

I've already spoken to Scott about trying this, it really is a great program he's going and dam easy to use. Once I finish my current PPP cycle I've promised to give this a go. And I'm thinking big things from it.

Last edited:
are you serious??

You could just donate $10 if you like mate :D.

I am moving all of my equiptment into a proper warehouse/studio and will be holding good little comps for us qld lifters. As I can't afford everything I would like, I am trying to raise some money to help out.
If you don't want to help, that's fine champ, if you do, thanks.

Last edited:
Scott he probably thinks it's a long term con...make 1.6k posts on a forum, build credibility by spending countless hours answering questions then scam 10 bucks out of suckers one at a time...it's genius!

gongi is know one. ignore him. just someone who doesn't want to re-veil himself.

well done scott, i wish you well. i'm getting close to 180kg, get that SI joint in tact and give me a run for 200kg

What kinda volume in the 1st 7 weeks?

5x5

3x10

1000x1000?

When you plug in your current 1rm, say 270kg, can you program in that you want a 10kg jump to 280? not a 5/10% jump

The maximum amount of volume is 5x5. The volume drops from there and the intensity rises.

Short answer is no. You cannot choose the amount you can lift at the end of the program, so you cannot choose the 1rm.
The reason it designed in this matter is for 2 reasons.

1- Minimise the risk of injury. The lifter cannot choose a weight that is to large for his/her body to handle as its custom desgined to the individuals current strength.

2- To provide steady gains. The lifter can build a solid strength base and run the program cycle after cycle.
For a 270kg deadlift (if thats whats in your mind) you could run the program 4 times in a year, and Id expect a 5% gain off each cycle.
270kg = 282.5kg.
282.5kg = 295kg
295kg = 310kg

Now obviously, the stronger you get, the harder it will be to make the 5% at the same bodyweight. For anything under 300kg though, It should be very achievable. No matter what though, you should ALWAYS be able to progress unless your at your bodys natural limits.

Last edited:
Sounds good mate, i suppose you could cycle this with ppp, sounds very similiar anyway apart from the % thing

I'm only guessing here, but what Gongi is referring to is that there are thousands of these calculators on line, for free.

I knew that when I made PPP, thats why I have every weight/set/rep already done for the lifter.

Max is actually using the one done by Ed Coan, its simply a calculator where you plug in your CURRENT 1RM.

PPP works the opposite way.

Neither is better, just different.

I think that was gongi's point, I'll let him elaborate.

Also knowing these calculators existed, its why I did PPP as a booklet covering everything (I hope).

I'm only guessing here, but what Gongi is referring to is that there are thousands of these calculators on line, for free.

I knew that when I made PPP, thats why I have every weight/set/rep already done for the lifter.

Max is actually using the one done by Ed Coan, its simply a calculator where you plug in your CURRENT 1RM.

Also knowing these calculators existed, its why I did PPP as a booklet covering everything (I hope).

PPP was a brilliant idea, and was super successful for many reasons.
Ive taken Idea's from all over the place and made my own.

You could most defiantly sit down and work it all you yourself, but with this table that mine is set up on, all you need to do is write in your 1rm and away you go. A customised program for you!

Im not trying to market this as "the ultimate super secret program that you need to be a genius to write" type thing. Its just a calculator that tells you what weight/reps/sets YOU need to do to get stronger.
Im just like the girl scout up the road trying to flog off chocolates as a fund raiser for a greater cause. Only you will get stronger for helping, not fat(ter) :D.

i just thought i would ask the question...

why would i pay you for a program when i can get ed coans, louie simmons, boris sheikos plans for free? these are coaches/lifters who have spent thousands of days developing their systems and have the results to back it up.

as a newbie, it kind of looks like you are taking the piss to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.