• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Need advise on my purchase

ritz1024

Hi, guys being looking for purchase some hoe gym equipments lately and came cross two packages seems reasonable to me. Need your advise on those two packages.

http://www.cyber-market.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=58&
products_id=318&osCsid=067745c5829baf70225de0a70f00cd6c

1 Package Deal _ Power Rack with high low pulley + ASFID bench + Olympic bar + 145kg Olympic weights $1450

As i have searched through the forum the the one from gymdirect got pretty good reviews, anyone know anything about the one from cyber-market?

Both looks good to me, lol:confused::confused::confused: Any advise would be great

I cant comment on the Cyber package as I've never used it.

All the racks in my gym are from Gym Direct and I havent had a single issue.

Seeing as I have 100 people a week use them, you should have no trouble at home with them.

I have the first rack you listed..Haven't had any problems with it. bought it 2nd hand but hadn't had much use. the only thing i don't like is the dipping attatchment - have found it quite uncomfortable to use.

hey, thanks for the replys.

One question, the thing i don't get is that the power rack (single item) from cyber-market is way cheaper than the one from gymdirect, $495 compare to $765. And on cyber-market description the rack is semi-commercial, well gymdirect is standard right?

ummm, can't decide which one to get!!

The Gym Direct one is $595 without the pulley, $765 with a pulley. The Cybermarket $495 rack doesn't include the pulley.

Oh yeah i miss that point, thanks to point out. What you reckon the rack from cyber-market any good? i know the one from gymdirect seems pretty good based on the comments people made from the forum.

I haven't seen or used the racks above. But seeing as the owner of Gym Direct is on the forums and is willing to sort out any troubles then I would go with them. Plus heaps of positive feedback on the Gym Direct racks.

Yeah, decided getting the gymdirect package, probably change the lat attachment with dip. Placing the order next week, pretty excited!!

Dont be worried about the semi commercial thing, its just marketing.
I have the muscle motion rack and I love it, I would prefer one of their commercial racks but dont have the space so it was an easy decision.
The pull up bar is much better on the mm rack, with that you dont need the cable pulley. I would recommend you email them and request a quote for a package deal with a bar, at least 117.5 kg of plates (this will give you 137.5 with the bar) and the rack without the pulley, and maybe even the dip attachment and you basically have everything you need until you need more weight.

Another thing to consider is postage costs if if you are not in Sydney, gym direct are very reasonable in that regard, it cost me under 180 to ship everything I just spoke about to perth

I'd put my money towards the commercial rack. You dont need the pulleys, incline bench, fufu shit and its way better to squat in a heavy rack. The price difference is minimal when you consider youd have to buy a weights tree as well.

I'd put my money towards the commercial rack. You dont need the pulleys, incline bench, fufu shit and its way better to squat in a heavy rack. The price difference is minimal when you consider youd have to buy a weights tree as well.

What would you define as a Commerical Rack?

I am limited with space etc and was going to get the half rack gym direct offer (about $445)...

Cheers

What would you define as a Commerical Rack?

I am limited with space etc and was going to get the half rack gym direct offer (about $445)...

Cheers

A commercial rack would be what you'd find in a commercial gym. You wouldn't find light 'home gym' equipment in it. The rack in dave's link is a commercial rack.

If you truly cannot fit a commercial rack in (I managed to in not that much space and a low ceiling height) then what I'd do is make sure everything else was commercial quality and be prepared to replace the rack down the line.

emailed for the package qutoe and now waiting for respond. Probably call up if still no respond by tomorrow.