• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Dmaa

Any thoughts on DMAA as a standalone supp? Seems to be a bit of news about it actually working and having noticeable effects.

I have done very very little research on it, just came across a couple of news articles. I read its an ingredient in Jack3d and that is generally panned on this forum.

I take caffeine tablets due to a disease that leaves me fatigued (and inhibits nutrient uptake) so if this is a better alternative I'm interested.

At the moment I only take caffeine, a multivitamin, all my other medication, ZMA and BCAA's. The last two were part of an experiment that seems to be working for me. I generally don't suffer from the placebo effect because I don't believe anything works until it really does.

I honestly think its one of the worst products out atm - everything I have heard about it is bad....to be honest any ingredient they use to cut with speed isnt for me lol

If your eating enough you shouldn't have a problem working out. Plus with dmaa and caffeine you'll be acting like a meth head at the gym!! :p

I've just started taking jack3d, never used it before but I do like it... whether or not its got anything to do with the dmma im not sure.

If I were you I wouldn't any substances that can irritate the gut thus effecting absorption.

I.e caffeine..

Have you tried coq10? Carnitine /b12 injections ect?

Personally I do believe DMAA has its place, when used sensibly. Where I draw the line is when kids buy Jacked or OEP.... and seeing idiots take 4-5 scoops of Jacked.
As for my opinion, not really a huge fan DMAA, I actually prefer stim free workouts. The most I'll ever have is a cup of coffee or a green tea prior to a workout, if I'm really tired.

OP, if your going to use DMAA, use it sensibly.
DMAA goes well with caffeine (synergistic effect as such) and seems to also stem the effects of the 'crash' if any.
Start low and test your personal tolerance, perhaps even as low as approx. 30mg, work your way up to 50mg. See how you go.

I wonder how I'd go ordering DMAA from overseas? Anybody had any luck?

I've got a feeling this stuff will be illegal soon.

Just checked out overseas prices for capsules and decided its not worth it knowing what customs is like these days. Only save about 20-30% or lose 100% depending on which maniac is checking the mail at the airport.

Last edited:
Personally I do believe DMAA has its place, when used sensibly. Where I draw the line is when kids buy Jacked or OEP.... and seeing idiots take 4-5 scoops of Jacked.
As for my opinion, not really a huge fan DMAA, I actually prefer stim free workouts. The most I'll ever have is a cup of coffee or a green tea prior to a workout, if I'm really tired.

OP, if your going to use DMAA, use it sensibly.
DMAA goes well with caffeine (synergistic effect as such) and seems to also stem the effects of the 'crash' if any.
Start low and test your personal tolerance, perhaps even as low as approx. 30mg, work your way up to 50mg. See how you go.

I've read 40mg is the magic number, and the capsules come in 25mg lots, so I'd probably stick to the 25mg and definately not exceed 50mg. Especially if used in conjunction with caffeine. I'd try it seperately first.

I've only been lifting again for about 4 months since the last 6 month layoff so I'm hesitant to go nuts on the supps and I still need to spend another $120 on 4 x 10kg plates to round off my collection. Hard to justify $95 on 200 DMAA tablets.

I've read 40mg is the magic number, and the capsules come in 25mg lots, so I'd probably stick to the 25mg and definately not exceed 50mg. Especially if used in conjunction with caffeine. I'd try it seperately first.

I've only been lifting again for about 4 months since the last 6 month layoff so I'm hesitant to go nuts on the supps and I still need to spend another $120 on 4 x 10kg plates to round off my collection. Hard to justify $95 on 200 DMAA tablets.

So 25mg x 200 = 5000mg?

Try:
NutraPlanet 1,3-dimethylamylamine (3 grams): Discount 1,3-dimethylamylamine Supplements

$8 for 3 grams.

OR:
http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/primaforce/1-3-dimethylamylamine-200-caps.html
for $26

Gastroenterologist gave me the nod for caffeine.

Haven't tried the others.

Yeah but that doesn't mean much...
I know someone who's gp gave them the knod to keep smoking during pregnancy.

Another persons child only eAts chicken nuggets. The dr told them it and he is totally fine as he " lacks out of reference range" pathology..

Remember Sometimes little common sense things make the world of difference.

Yeah but that doesn't mean much...
I know someone who's gp gave them the knod to keep smoking during pregnancy.

Another persons child only eAts chicken nuggets. The dr told them it and he is totally fine as he " lacks out of reference range" pathology..

Remember Sometimes little common sense things make the world of difference.

I reasonably trust the Dr. They aren't a GP.

If there was common sense in the world, then Cannabinol would be available as a choice of treatment for my disease since its shown to be more effective than other drug regimes like the carciogenic Imuran I'm about to be put on adn the catabolic Prednison I am on...