• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Dmaa

It is interesting that a doctor suggests a stimulant to alleviate symptoms of a nutrient absorption issue. I understand their idea but it is kinda of like putting a plug in a gun barrel to stop someone shooting it.

It is interesting that a doctor suggests a stimulant to alleviate symptoms of a nutrient absorption issue. I understand their idea but it is kinda of like putting a plug in a gun barrel to stop someone shooting it.

He saw how sick I was. My fatigue is not based entirely on nutrient absorption but several symptoms of the illness. Bordering on chronic fatigue. It was a band aid/temporary solution to allow me to continue to work/function whilst waiting for other medication to begin to work. Alas the other medication has not worked so a new one is still to be tried. I tried mutlivitamins and other methods first and he was aware of that. So in that instance it makes sense to me.

He saw how sick I was. My fatigue is not based entirely on nutrient absorption but several symptoms of the illness. Bordering on chronic fatigue. It was a band aid/temporary solution to allow me to continue to work/function whilst waiting for other medication to begin to work. Alas the other medication has not worked so a new one is still to be tried. I tried mutlivitamins and other methods first and he was aware of that. So in that instance it makes sense to me.

Chronic fatigue is as much a nutrient absorbtion issue as it is a utilization issue. Think of mitochondrial dysfunction and look for nutrients to help support mitochondria.

I still don't have the net but once I do I can post links and info they may be of assistance to you...

Remember be open minded because what you are doing now isn't working so well so maybe time to come at it from a other angle.

Also I wouldn't be adding any more inflammation to your problems...

Take the supplements I reccomended if you are concerned about energy.

I'm more then wiling to help you out if you want that help..

Talking of inflammation Noobs, by SI joint is inflamed like a mofo.
Taking 6000mg dha and that's about it. Anything else you could recommend?

You pretty much summed it up, Western medicine usually tries to treat the symptoms but not the cause of the problem.

Chronic fatigue is as much a nutrient absorbtion issue as it is a utilization issue. Think of mitochondrial dysfunction and look for nutrients to help support mitochondria.

I still don't have the net but once I do I can post links and info they may be of assistance to you...

Remember be open minded because what you are doing now isn't working so well so maybe time to come at it from a other angle.

Also I wouldn't be adding any more inflammation to your problems...

Take the supplements I reccomended if you are concerned about energy.

I'm more then wiling to help you out if you want that help..

Its not Chronic Fatigue.. its just a symptom of another problem that was bordering on the same feeling. I'm changing meds next Monday to attack it from a completely different angle. After that I think it may just be surgery. I don't want to go overboard on any more supps at the moment. What I'm doing is working reasonably well at the moment, I'm just tweaking it a bit. I was more interested in the DMAA because so far my experimentation with supps has been surprisingly fruitful. If it turns out no good then thats okay-haven't spent much. My body will tell me pretty quickly if their is a problem and I'll stop. Theres very little inflamation at the moment because of the doses of Prednisone. I can't take any NO type supplements because that will send me to hospital for sure but the little things that I take at this point have offset the Prednisone enough that by some miracle I am still gaining muscle and losing fat and not changing weight. If I can continue to get that little edge for a few more months before this other medication starts working then yay.

I think I explained myself a little wrong in an earlier post because it was early in the morning or late at night between shifts.

Last edited:
You pretty much summed it up, Western medicine usually tries to treat the symptoms but not the cause of the problem.

Its also a quality of life issue too. I insisted on still being able to work, study and do some exercise whilst waiting for other medication to take effect. The other medication is for the problem not the symptom. Unfortunately its a matter of time. The only overnight solution to the problem is surgery which both the Dr and I are trying to avoid.

I've had a long time to fit study of my illness in and its not simple (unless lucky) in any approach. Before diagnosis I tried a multitude of things that wouldn't be considered a western approach and they never solved the problem for any length of time.

But anyway - I'm happy with my approach at this point.

Last edited:
What exactly do you have? You've got me all curious now.

And sticky you set that concrete call up perfectly I thank you.

What exactly do you have? You've got me all curious now.

And sticky you set that concrete call up perfectly I thank you.

Aww I don't want to give too much away... give me more time to get comfortable. I've said way too much anyway (probably justifying my ideas...)

I can't take posts away so its obvious I have an issue with inflamation, immune system, and digestion system, that may be treated with medication or surgery. It can't be treated by diet or lifestyle.

I don't want to sound like a prick on this one, but since I have to break the news all the frigg'n time at work, since its sometimes extremely obvious I shouldn't be there (and I don't lie), I'm a little over it.

I take DMAA for school sometimes, mixed with caffeine. Gives me this really alert, uplifting mood and stimulates the mind. For some reason you want to do chores or in my case school work etc... Lasts a very long time, the entire day actually. I take 50g of DMAA and 200g of caffeine. The side effect most prominent is it affects your sleep in a bad way, you will wake up in the middle of the night or just sleep half the hours that you usually do.

I've also tried this for gym, and like I said earlier about wanting to do chores.. well you can work out for 2 hours straight and want to keep on going. It doesn't increase your 1RM but it does increase your focus which might lead you to pushing/pulling a new record because you don't procrastinate, you just lift!

Good stuff if you need a bit of a boost but I recommend cycling off because you build tolerance very quickly.

Ordered it 2 days ago from BN and got it this morning - very quick. Haven't tried it yet, am waiting until a workout day. Though half tempted to try it except my ilnness flared up again since yesterday so I haven't touched caffeine either. I might only get one or two more workouts before I have to take a 2 week break for a holiday :(

Wow. Done a quick search on this stuff across a lot of databases and there is a significant lack of research. Most seem to be from supplement companies which I would imagine introduces bias.

what did you order from BN?

1 lot of DMAA capsules. 120 x 50mg.

Took 1 this morning about 9am with 100mg Caffeine and vitamins and food.

I am feeling super focused. Finishing an assignment in record time.

Will order more after seeing how this goes for a while.