• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Gym Direct Showroom in Vic

PTC

I have enough Gym Direct products in my gym that I feel I can call it a mini showroom. If any Victorians want to check the products out in person, feel free to come to PTC anytime. You'll even get to see what they look like after they have been used in a gym by up to 100 lifters a week using heavy weights.

Currently I have

MM HPRSP Commercial rack
Commercial Olympic Heavy Duty Power Rack
Commercial Incline bench
New flat bench (unbelievable)
Two tier dumbbell rack
Assorted KB's
Olympic BB rated 600kg

I will post up pics tonight

Thats fantastic news for Victorians. I took a leap of faith with my gear and bought sight unseen. Being able to have a look at the gear before buying takes a load off your mind.

Great gear :)

Hi Alpha,

If you or someone you know is coming down to Sydney, we will exchange your bar for another one if the rotating ends are still a problem.

I still think it will wear in over time and become more consistent.

Some of the chrome is scratched off because of the metal plates rubbing against it. One end rotates freely and the other stops very shortly after. I've put some WD-40 on the ends and no luck yet. If it's still annoying me ( i have a slight ocd lol) in a month or two and I'm down sydney way I'll pop in but i'm not too concerned at the moment.

Can anyone here rate the trap bars? Good/bad?

To be honest, the trap bars are so short, they would be impossible to damage regardless of make. Every trap bar I've seen looks unbreakable.

Alen was deadlifting with the GD bar today. He had no dramas with 205kg in regards to grip/knurling.

We used a mixture of Ivanko steel plates and bumpers, due to the fact Nick was squatting 222.5kg and I had 10 footballers and 10 PTC clients lifting at the same time, we literally ran out of weights.

The GD bar has no issues in regards to bending no matter what plates or lifts.

I love specialty bars.

With quite a few players having shoulder surgery at the end of the season, they cant get their arms back to squat, I need to get a safety squat bar first I think.

Just something we use as a variation or if someone is particularly weak on lock outs.

They are great at adding 25kg at the top of a lift

What is a safety squat bar? I have trouble getting my arms back and I haven't had surgery. My squat form got better when I moved my hands out to the collars. I dunno how people do it with hands just outside their shoulders.