• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Improving Digestion on high calorie diet

BoyFromAus

Hey guys,

I'm back after vacation to the US. I drank a lot, ate a lot of bad food and didn't train for the last 7 weeks. I also fell very sick during that time and dehydrated. Yea, it set me back a bit with some muscle loss and some fat gain.

I had a whole lot of fun, but I've got myself back together and wana pack on a lot of muscle mass over the next couple years. The last time I was bulking (prior to holiday) my main problem was with digestion of a lot of food.

When I'd eat medium meals once every 2 - 3 hours, I'd get tummy aches etc.

What are some things I can do to improve my digestion? I've started to increase water intake and chew my food til its very micro. Are there any additional enzymes I should be taking?

Cheers,

Fadi has a diet in the nutrition section that is 4000 calories a day. It includes dates and prunes, which are great for digestion, which I am going to assume are why they are included in the diet.

Squeeze a lemon into water before each meal.

Also suppliment with super enzymes from I herb.

cheers n00bs. I've heard about the lemon thing before, but not sure on the science behind it.

where can i get the super enzymes from?

cheers n00bs. I've heard about the lemon thing before, but not sure on the science behind it.

where can i get the super enzymes from?

The lemon in water is similar to apple cider vinegar both increase you saliva and gastric secretions(bascailly stimulating your digestion)
Otherwise you can get onto some herbs.. e.g. gentian, dandelion, St Mary's thistle, etc.. which are considerably strong and more effective.
But remember waht rinse your mouth out afterwards because the acid erodes your teeth.. :)

The pain could be many things and would be hard to idnetify without more info.

Do you drink with your meals?
How long before or after do you drink too??