• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

reasonable strength goals and a path to getting there

Its just the lack of definition to the word lean.

He is 106kg lean at 6'1 1/2".

At that Olympia you had to weigh in because there was a 200lbs class and over 200lb

Arnold weighed 235lb

lol, obviously i am not trying to be arnie (although that would be awesome).

i just want to get as big as i can naturally and have a stand-out physique

I don't know he did look tall next to Danny De Vito...

Wait sorry everyone looks tall compared to Danny De Vito

why do you need more suggestions?
1.) stop cutting.
2.) spend $20 on PPP as your program
3.) eat the required food.
4.) ... profit?

well, it is good to have several options to choose from no?

I am seriously considering PPP, although I know nothing about it... but I thought people would have other suggestions as well

oh, and i think you mean:

1.) stop cutting.
4.) ???
4.) Profit

;)

Seeing as his squat is so low (relatively), wouldn't he maximise his gains by squatting 3x times/week as opposed to squat PPP?

Lots of clients do PPP on all 3 lifts 3 x week, they dont do assistance work.

Harvey is on week 11 doing it every session

well, it is good to have several options to choose from no?

I am seriously considering PPP, although I know nothing about it... but I thought people would have other suggestions as well

oh, and i think you mean:

1.) stop cutting.
4.) ???
4.) Profit

;)

Nah - I wouldn't say 4.) twice.. :p

The problem with getting lots of suggestions is you spend more time researching why one method is better than another than you do squatting.

Basically, you can't really go wrong "IF" you are progressing each and every sessions.
be it more weight, more reps, more speed, more sets etc etc.

I'm sure someone who benches over 140kg already knows this..

RIPs Starting Strength is an increase of 5lbs each session etc

With PPP, you pick your goal 1rm (say 10kg over your current best) and do the 11 week program.. it goes through varied sets and reps and weights to get you there..

5-3-1 does it in a slightly different way.

the more you dig, the more annoying shit you find.
you go from the general advice of "shut up and squat" to.. no.. the bar must be exactly 2.3cm below your trap and your feet must be 32 degrees out and only squat to just below parallel etc etc.

anything will work for a while.
I did 1 cycle of PPP for all 3 lifts.
till xmas, I've started another cycle of PPP for bench and dead, but decided to give the knees "some" rest by doing 20 rep squats once a week.
next year I can fit in exactly 4 cycles of PPP.

amongst all that I do OHP with doug hepburns method.

it's glaringly obvious that your squat is your weakest point.
just pick one method and do it.
most seem to cycle for 10-12 weeks anyway.
test your strength before and after that cycle and see if it's worth doing another or moving on.

Lots of clients do PPP on all 3 lifts 3 x week, they dont do assistance work.

Harvey is on week 11 doing it every session

This is probably a stupid question, but is that Mon/Squat Wed/Bench Fri/Deads..... or all three lifts on each day, 3 times a week?

Seeing as his squat is so low (relatively), wouldn't he maximise his gains by squatting 3x times/week as opposed to squat PPP?

thats what i want to know too lol

Nah - I wouldn't say 4.) twice.. :p
whoops :p
The problem with getting lots of suggestions is you spend more time researching why one method is better than another than you do squatting.
fair point, i am still training damn hard in the mean time tho (and still technically cutting, only because my current method of training suits it
Basically, you can't really go wrong "IF" you are progressing each and every sessions.
be it more weight, more reps, more speed, more sets etc etc.

I'm sure someone who benches over 140kg already knows this..

RIPs Starting Strength is an increase of 5lbs each session etc

With PPP, you pick your goal 1rm (say 10kg over your current best) and do the 11 week program.. it goes through varied sets and reps and weights to get you there..

5-3-1 does it in a slightly different way.

the more you dig, the more annoying shit you find.
you go from the general advice of "shut up and squat" to.. no.. the bar must be exactly 2.3cm below your trap and your feet must be 32 degrees out and only squat to just below parallel etc etc.

anything will work for a while.
I did 1 cycle of PPP for all 3 lifts.
till xmas, I've started another cycle of PPP for bench and dead, but decided to give the knees "some" rest by doing 20 rep squats once a week.
next year I can fit in exactly 4 cycles of PPP.

amongst all that I do OHP with doug hepburns method.

it's glaringly obvious that your squat is your weakest point.
just pick one method and do it.
most seem to cycle for 10-12 weeks anyway.
test your strength before and after that cycle and see if it's worth doing another or moving on.

thanks man, some good points in there

Without being a fag i reckon youd get more steady progress doing one lift a session. You're coming from a bodybuilder background so you're going to have withdrawals if you dont tack on accessory work anyway.

i think my sumo deadlift is ok, although i am still working on this. all i know is that my lower back doesn't hurt after doing deads anymore so that has to be a good thing IMO

Not necessarily true. Sumo deads use less lower back and more glute/hamstring so less lower back soreness doesn't always mean it's perfect.

Without being a fag i reckon youd get more steady progress doing one lift a session. You're coming from a bodybuilder background so you're going to have withdrawals if you dont tack on accessory work anyway.

right on the money lol, no accessory work would kill me

Not necessarily true. Sumo deads use less lower back and more glute/hamstring so less lower back soreness doesn't always mean it's perfect.

what i meant, was that it is now hitting my legs more than my lower back, and considering my legs are lagging, this can only be good in creating a better balance in my physique

This is probably a stupid question, but is that Mon/Squat Wed/Bench Fri/Deads..... or all three lifts on each day, 3 times a week?

Some guys do all 3 lifts on each day.

You guys need to understand that there is no best way, if there was, someone would have worked out what it was and we'd all be training the same.

I keep harping on about diet.

The footballers asked lots of questions when I moved in. I got Max and Dave to stand next to each other. They train side by side, lift near enough the same weights, on the same programs, for the last 2 years.

You couldnt find two more different physiques.

Both have made near enough the same progress in regards to weight lifted, yet physique wise, they are worlds apart.

Pick a program, train hard and pay LOTS of attention to your diet, thats where the changes lie.