• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

The Dream Gym Thread

little_lifter

I started this thread so that people can share their
ideas of the PERFECT home gym.

I'll start out:
Muscle Motion Commercial Power Rack $1250

Eleiko Olympic Bumper Set 190kg $3368

Complete Kettlebell set from Australian Kettlebells (2x 16-64kg) $2550

Tractor Tyres $ FREE

Power Ropes 2" 15m $269

Just for starters,
Share your ideas!! :)

Everything I have plus
another cage
another bench
full set of 2.5kg - 60kg dumbells
full set of KBs from ausKB
another 2 ABC bars
a ZK bar
2 platforms
around 200kg of bumpers, ABC if I can afford
lots of strong man gear.

And a great big shed to put it all in

ETA - 18-24 months :D

I've fucked around so much with gym equipment to realise the only things I actually 'need' are my power rack, flat bench and olympic barbell set. Kettlebells, bumpers, bands, chains, safety squats etc etc are nice but if someone tells you you 'need' them then they're trying to sell you something.

The only thing my 'dream' gym would have is a garage with a high roof. Currently I'm working out in the bottom floor of a modern house, and the low roof/lack of space can be awkward with stuff like overhead work and makes the overall workout finicky.

"Strip yourself of all things, of all the fat, and leave nothing but brain, muscles and cock. That is life" (Jim Wendler).

Peck Deck.
Preacher Curl bench
Cable Pulleys (so i can perform cable crossovers)
Full set of dumbells so I can go up and down the rack with curls. 1kg up to 15kg will suffice
A bench (so i have somewhere to rest my knee whe performing kickbacks)

Thank You.

My perfect home gym has a flat bench and a 50kg barbell with Megan Gale and Miranda Kerr spotting me in bikinis.

EFS Deluxe Comp Bench
EFS Collegiate Power Rack
EFS Collegiate 0-90 Bench
EFS Texas Power Bar
EFS Safety Squat Bar
EFS Multi-grip Swiss Bar
EFS Fat Bar
EFS Fat Curl Bar
EFS Dumbell Handles
EFS Fat Bar Dumbell Handles
300kg of weight
Bands and Chains
EFS Prowler
Tractor Tire
A big shed and loud stereo

Big Platform
EFS Collegiate Rack
Prowler 2
Sled
Big Truck Tire
200kg Bumpers
300kg Olympic Plates
Texas Power Bar
Kettlebells up to 64kg
Assorted Weight Vests
Eleiko Competition Bar

I would trade that all for basic equipment and a lot of strong motivated guys to train with.

I've fucked around so much with gym equipment to realise the only things I actually 'need' are my power rack, flat bench and olympic barbell set. Kettlebells, bumpers, bands, chains, safety squats etc etc are nice but if someone tells you you 'need' them then they're trying to sell you something.

The only thing my 'dream' gym would have is a garage with a high roof. Currently I'm working out in the bottom floor of a modern house, and the low roof/lack of space can be awkward with stuff like overhead work and makes the overall workout finicky.

"Strip yourself of all things, of all the fat, and leave nothing but brain, muscles and cock. That is life" (Jim Wendler).

Oliver, your perspicacity is discombobulating at times.
This is sound advice.

Only buy what you need.

Oliver, your perspicacity is discombobulating at times.
This is sound advice.

Only buy what you need.

Oliver speaks the truth, but still, this thread was more about the type of
gym people dream about, but few ever own. It was about forgetting what we
"need" and focusing on the gear we dream about.

But if I was (and I am) saving up and planning for a home gym, then Oliver's advice would definitely be followed (and it is).

"Sometimes, it's nice to take a break from reality, relax, and not worry about the 'what-ifs' and the 'if-onlys'"

Brock Lesnar's gym. Saw it last night on One HD. He's got everything, I mean everything. Grrrrrrrrrrrr

It's pretty beastly mate,
Only cost him a bit of spare change.......like $500,000

I respect that facility, but shame I don't like Lesnar that much!!

He probably doesnt like you much...........and he still has his gym lol

Platfrom
Eleiko competition set and bar
Hydraulic squat stands
Forza bench press
400kg Ivanko plates
Ivanko power bars
chin bar
dip bars

And Jessica spotting

jessica_biel_panties3.jpg

Definitely,
But we should also call in the other Jessica to make sure we have enough
spotters for when DA BOIZZ lift.

jessica_alba_178.jpg

Clothes are compulsory for men, but for the girls, BE FREE

P.S "It's all you bro"
"It's not but the chicks don't know that, smart eh? "

My dream gym has a commerical quality squat rack with saftey nas and those chin up thingos on it. A olympic barbell set will way too many weights. A good beach that dont connect to anything jus a stand alone solid bench that i can move around and under the squat rack with its safety bars if need be. A set of hexagonal dumbbell which I own! enough racks and things to store all my weights. ALOT!!!!! of room so i can move between my equipment. A solid concrete floor aoutside in a shed of custom built gym room. Posters of hot women on the walls. and a killer sound system. I would also like a commerical grad bike for warmups etc.

EFS Signature Monolift
EFS Pro GHR
EFS Collegiate Power Rack - with a platform
Westside Barbell Reverse Hyper
Texas Power Bar - for the rack
Mastodon Bar - for the mono
Saftey Squat Bar
Fat Bar
EFS Swiss bar
Rackable Cambered Squat Bar
Chains
Bands
Dumbells
Enough weight to sink tasmania

That would probably keep me occupied for a while.. oh I'd also want free METAL gear

yeah true.