• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

The Dream Gym Thread

The markings and knurling are weird, and to to the IPF tag they cost more than they are worth. If you want IPF approved fork out for an Eleiko, if not a Texas power bar

I used one at the CAPO QLD States last year, I didn't mind the different ring markings. As far as I know they cost the same as Eleiko, so not much difference.

That's what I'm saying. For an extra $400 (1.8 v 2.2K roughly) you get a bar 10x better in the Eleiko

That said chrome calibrated plates ftw

Still don't under stand why you think the Eleiko bar is better? Just because it has different/normal ring markings?

Also I would only get chrome plated 50kg's, the other makes it harder to tell the weight of a bar. Can't tell if they are 20kg's or 25kg's.

Disregarding the markings the knurling is better. Not harsher but it grips TONNES better than the Ivanko. The steel is also of a much higher grade/quality with a much higher tensile strength.
I'm not trying to talk up the Eleiko like Minh does but it is a much better bar than the Ivanko. I only got one cos it was second hand and only cost me $600

Iron Edge Matrix Single Cell $1980
2 pairs of J Hooks $200
Sling Brackets $260
1 pair of spotting arms $210
10 utility pegs $350
ABC power bar
calibrated Ivanko plates
1 pair of lock jaw elite collars $70
Barbell Jack $70
Gymdirect commercial flat bench $299
10 rubber mats $330
Torsonator Sleeve $150

Another bar. Probably an ivanko like the one I grew up with.

And every hammer strength machine in the catalogue.