• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Is it done immediately after your last set?
or as the last set after the rest?
sol I want to know

Drop set: finished set immediately take weight off and keep going. You can do a drop until there’s just the bar left.

Back off set: once set complete you stop., rest. Take weight off and do a normal set usually higher reps than your work sets.

Still rectum that Arnold’s encyclopaedia of modern body building was the easiest book to read.
was simple and easy to understand and follow.

Drop set: finished set immediately take weight off and keep going. You can do a drop until there’s just the bar left.

Back off set: once set complete you stop., rest. Take weight off and do a normal set usually higher reps than your work sets.
Mate. A back off is nothing to do with the reps. Just less weight to account for fatigue, to allow more volume. Can be less reps, same reps, more reps.

In the context of strength trainingsl, its usually the same reps, just less weight.

I've heard drop sets described the same, but, your description makes sense.

Either way, both methods are designged to allow more volume or work to be completed.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Fenks got it
a straight and short answer
a fuken rare commodity, well appreciated

Whats the kunce mean by back off set, drop set?

when I did my (Starr) 5x5 sets of squats with a top set of 220kg, I’d re-coup and do a back-off set of 20 reps with 60kg, the back off set gave me a chance to to get my HR up

a normal mal workout for me back then was;

OH press, Hepburn style sets
squat 5x5 back off set
SLDL
BB row Draper style
A pull or chin
bench or press machine
bicep curl
farmer’s walk

Did you perform the same rep range every workout?

For the back off?
like all my exercises I would increase the weight if the 20 reps where met consistently.
Towards the end (as I got older) and as the weight increased the increments got smaller.

but my end goal was always pushing it to the max in terms of intensity of work.

The work sets? Same reps all the time?

I alternate low, med and higher reps per workout.