• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

10kg in 10 weeks

Alpha Moth

Due to last weeks of stalling on my lifts, I don't think I'm eating enough. Haven't gained any weight. So over the next 10 weeks my goal is to put on 10kg while increasing my lifts as much as possible. Adding 1 liter of milk + peanut butter sandwiches to my current diet in the hope of achieving it.

Will log it all here and my weight every week.

Today;
weight
73.5kg
current lifts (5 reps)
squat 112.5kg
deadlift 130kg
OH 52.5kg
bench 62.5kg
pull up 8 + 9kg
chin up 8 + 9kg

Food consumed
71389895.jpg

Hey Alpha, you stole my subject title !!!
That's ok I failed anyway.

Was up a good solid 5-6kg after just 3 weeks, than got sick for a week with food poisoning.
Then got smashed at work as it was so busy the last 2 weeks.
So won't make my 10kg goal this time.

Good luck with your attempt.
Provided you get no setbacks, injury or sickness, you should get it if you train hard, eat enough and rest enough.

Good luck.

ditch the peanut butter sandwiches, those are junk calories.

If you've got the money go a kg of mince.

Definitely can't afford that lol. I'll just drink more milk since that is the cheaper option.
Farting a lot today ahah.

thanks man. One thing I noticed I never recover fully on deadlift day on wednesday, on friday I'm always a bit sore still on my upper back and traps. Then I can never squat much. Hopefully will get better.

today;

all eaten except dinner which will be made later. I don't have any troubles eating this much, i'm pretty much constantly hungry. last year i'd finish half of it and want to give up lol

68705993.jpg

Last edited:
A novice program from SS.
mon
squat
bench/oh alt.
chin up
wed
squat
bench/oh alt.
deadlift
fri
squat
bench/oh alt.
pull up

Will be doing one closer to SS this coming monday;
A)
squat
bench
deadlift
(dips maybe)
B)
squat
press
bent row
(chin ups maybe)
I want to deadlift twice a week, so going for the program closer to the original, i'm not confident doing powercleans. i dont have bumpers either and i dont want to drop my weights.

Looks a little like fitday. Just nitpicking, but your regular chicken breast doesn't have 15g of fat. Especially not at only 200g. If it IS fitday or an American program, make sure you enter your own stuff from Aussie sources.

yea it's fitday for pc.

How can I find nutrition information on aussies sources? Didn't know the chickens here were different to any other chickens lol

You'd think that. But I just try and use CalorieKing.au as they're Australian and have everything you need anyway.

Don't have the cool graphs and macro splits and everything though.

Just have a think about it though. Looking at the chicken breast, how much fat do you physically see on it? Enough to warrant 15g? Then take into account cooking renders the fat, so that's even less.

Just go by CK and use that info to add it into FitDay.

I'll have a look there. I usually eat the same foods every day. I'll just get the information there from the foods I eat and put them into fitday as a custom food.

Just wanted to chip in - I realise that you are still in the beginner training phase but 10kg in 10 weeks is a lot of weight - a lot will be fat.

If you believe the studies that dictate 250g muscle p/wk is the max you can grow in a week in ideal conditions, you will have added 2.5kg muscle and 7.5kg fat.

I would, personally, aim for 3-5kg, with clear lift goals at both wk5 and 10.

I don't want to discourage you at all, whatever you end up doing do it hard.

Yea I realize about the fat thing. Last time I tried a bulk I drank also a lot of milk, getting around 4,500 calories a day and I gained maybe 5kg in 3 months. I doubt I will gain 10kg but I'll eat like it anyway and monitor my progress every 1-2 weeks.

If you want to be real honest, take bi-weekly pictures of yourself. Same spot/lighting/time everything. Scale if you want, not neccessary.

But my best advice is to just eat a lot of good real food, which is what you're allready doing and try and move more weight everytime you're in the gym. The weight your lifting should increase as a direct correlation to your bodyweight moving, if not something's wrong.

Adding 10kg in 10 weeks will be mainly fat, traing hard and eating right all year you would be able to acheive 2.5KG - 5KG of pure muscle depending on genetics. Why do you want to add 10KG in 10 weeks when most will be fat...? The only way that would be possible is if you were on gear.