• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Off Season, Preseason and Regular Season (Football) Wieghts and Nutrition

Rugby I'm front row and afl I'm wruck, chf or chb. Im thinking I'll go afl again this year because of how much I cut down while playing it.

Metabolic conditioning...sprinting, chinning and dipping.

An answer to over training is to look for ways to combine conditioning activities.

For example, if you could combine an activity for cardio endurance with an activity for muscular strength you will save time and energy, this is exactly what metabolic conditioning will do.

Strength training will usually be performed in spurts of about thirty seconds of hard exercise then followed by a period of rest, the heart and lungs are not getting a steady pace of work needed for maximum endurance.

Cardio will be performed at a much lower intensity but is sustained over a period of time.

A well planned template of strenuous exercise with no rest will produce outstanding metabolic conditioning.

A very simple setup which can be found in most schools can be used.

Sprinting works the muscles of the lwr body
Chinning and dipping build the arms, chest and upper back, all three activities will elevate the heart rate but cannot sustain it because the involved muscles tire within a very short period, say 30 to 60 seconds.
Combining sprinting with provide an ideal conditioning program

You should be in pretty good shape before you try this, we are trying to get the heart rate up between 180-200 bpm and keep it there for at least ten to twelve minutes.
This is accomplished by alternating the the chins, dips and 90 meter sprints..

Still interested?

Of course mate, age 20 max hr is 200 so I thought the zone is more like 170-190?

I'll search Metabolic conditioning and see what I find

Last edited:
Andy, this is EXACTLY the principle I base my KB cardio sessions on.

The footballers at Dolphins have started doing this.

The cardio bit never stops, when muscular endurance reaches a limit, we move onto the next exercise targeting a fresh(er) muscle group.

I have been doing these for clients for 4 years now with outstanding results.

Max was able to achieve a 14.1 beep test in footy boots on grass without ever running, but doing tonnes of these KB complexes.

I actually take it a step further, because I like the smell of fresh vomit.

the guys perform an exercise for 10 reps with a KB, and instead of moving onto another exercise, they move to a lighter KB for the same exercise and so on.

After 3 drops, they then move onto a different movement. I manage to get around 120 continuous reps out of them.

Tomorrow night they will all do this AFTER training.

These complexes have produced enough vomit to fill an Olympic pool at PTC

I really need to get some kettlebells for conditioning at home, sounds pretty amazing. I do like punishing myself with this kind of stuff.