• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

PTC version 2.0

PTC

A huge thanks to Howie, Gawain, Sean, Alen, Dim, Dave, Spiros and Jack, as well as Simon Goosey and the footballers who helped today.

PTC is 99% set up, it looks sensational.

I will get some pics and post them up tomorrow.

The players are moving accross the oval to under the new grandstand in a couple of weeks, so I will be able to make some more minor adjustments.

Standing outside the gym looking over the bay was sensational tonight.

We have plenty of area for Strongman type lifts outside as well as in.

The oval doesnt get used during cricket season, its in pristine condition, might have some of the guys sprinting soon.

We had to pull the power rack apart as well as the bench press to get them inside, thanks fellas.

Sessions are no longer timed at PTC as I dont have room constraints, train as long as you like. I already have 3 squat racks, and I'm hoping to add more shortly.

Some of you guys should come down for a session. I'm there from 4.30pm till 9.00pm every night and 11.00am till 2.00pm on Saturday.

Congrats mate. Can't wait for the pics. I'd love to visit some day to check it all out.

When you do get some more squat racks, any chance you might try one of the MM commercial racks I bought? I'd be curious to know what you guys think of it.

Is that the one we have been abusing at PTC for a year lol

Tough as nails, zero issues with it

Or do you mean squat rack not a power rack?

I have stacks of Gym Direct gear. We have had zero failures.

Is that the one we have been abusing at PTC for a year lol

Tough as nails, zero issues with it

Or do you mean squat rack not a power rack?

I have stacks of Gym Direct gear. We have had zero failures.

The one that cost $1695 at listed price. Easy movable safety bars and no top bars.
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh, I really like that one.

I only had room for 1 rack in the garage, I have room for many now.

Adrian did ask if I could set one up at the old place, but no room.

Both commercial racks are excellent, and both have different advantages. I would've loved both, I think any gym that had 2 the same rather than 1 of each would be silly.

How do you like yours?

Oh, I really like that one.

I only had room for 1 rack in the garage, I have room for many now.

Adrian did ask if I could set one up at the old place, but no room.

Both commercial racks are excellent, and both have different advantages. I would've loved both, I think any gym that had 2 the same rather than 1 of each would be silly.

How do you like yours?

Love it. Its really flexible and easy to use and solid as all get out (see pics here). Had a couple of issues with manufacturing tolerances (uprights were not parallel and as such the safety bars would not go in correctly - fixed with some washers under one end of the uprights -> see here) etc. but I would buy it again.

The boys are great. I spent lots of time discussing football, lifting, lifestyle and nutrition tonight. Then I f u c k e d there shit up lol

Gawain has provided PTC with his AWESOME protein supplements at a magnificent price, exclusive to guys that train at PTC. He gave me 9 x 5kg tubs at 3.00pm, I had 3 left at 7.00pm, and tonight is the quietest night I have.

He is also providing a fridge stocked with goodies.

The new location is sweet. I gotta come for a session on a Saturday sometimes, then head next door to check out the ladiez... :p

good work markos. look forward to seeing some pics. i wonder what will be going on in 10yrs time with PTC ... the future looks very bright for you

Glad to see Gawaine got in contact with you. His protein should sell, its top quality, the best I've ever tasted and at the best price around.

Looking foward to checking out the new setup saturday.

Good to hear you're happy with it.

You going to get a GHR bench now? Might stop those footy players hammies tearing like wrapping paper.

Last edited:
I will source out new equipment next week Nick, most of the guys were unavailable today.

I'd like another power rack and bench press, GHR and a platform, more Ivanko's and bars.

We have 8 Olympic bars currently, may grab another 2.

I'd like to have 400kg of Ivanko's, I have enough bumpers.

I have 250kg of Ivanko's

I have 310kg of bumpers

Another 330kg of assorted plates

We have 4 flat benches, 2 incline benches, 1 bench press, 3 squat racks, over 50 KB's, more than enough DB's, 4 chinning stations, an A Frame with 4 fat bars, a hyperextension bench, a designated area for UDL's, Olympic lifts, Trap Bar work, deadlifts.

Its actually resembling a gym