• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Lean mass gain - pwo carb

Jim_Junkie

It's my understanding for lean mass gain you're better off using something like oatmass as your pwo carb source as opposed to dextrose? tell me if I'm wrong

I use aminos, aminos are free form and rapidly digested. I don't use PWO carbs anymore, I think I'm doing ok.

I have 80 grams of oats post workout along with a protein shake which has some EAA's and creatine in it. Works ok for me. Experiment a bit I guess and see what works for you.

bcaas during and post workout then whey + oats cooked in microwave.. yummy. Im an endomorph so I feel oats are better for me to be leaner as my bodys not very sensitive to insulin.. Depends on body type / how your body responds to carbs. The big insulin spike postworkout is unnecessary.

bcaas during and post workout then whey + oats cooked in microwave.. yummy. Im an endomorph so I feel oats are better for me to be leaner as my bodys not very sensitive to insulin.. Depends on body type / how your body responds to carbs. The big insulin spike postworkout is unnecessary.

What has brought you to that conclusion?
Posted via Mobile Device

Completly unnesesary unless ofourse you are trying to build muscle... Then and only then does it become necessity.

I think I do pretty well without the magical insulin spike. Don't get much of one with milk, and don't get any with eggs.

Out of curiosity, why do you think it's necessary to have an insulin spike via nutritonally void sugar post training? You get the "glycogen refill" from your PWO meal and you should have plenty in your system as is from your previous meals.

That's directed at no one in particular.

Out of curiosity, why do you think it's necessary to have an insulin spike via nutritonally void sugar post training? You get the "glycogen refill" from your PWO meal and you should have plenty in your system as is from your previous meals.

That's directed at no one in particular.

i too am interested in this one...

currently while dieting down, i am not having any carbs in my PWO shake. previously i would have about 40g dextrose. I also have plenty of oatmass, i've never considered having this PWO.

I use to have post workout carbs with a protein shake (dextrose or waxy maize), all it did for me was make me put on fat. Since i stopped the fat gains stopped.

I just use aminos pre / during / and post workout and then eat my meat and vegies right after i finish.

I use to have post workout carbs with a protein shake (dextrose or waxy maize), all it did for me was make me put on fat. Since i stopped the fat gains stopped.

I just use aminos pre / during / and post workout and then eat my meat and vegies right after i finish.

yeah, im beginning to think the dextrose is unnecessary too. plus i don't like the idea of having a whole lot of sugar.

what do you use during your workout?

I make up a drink consisting of.

Bulk EAA's 10gms (unflavoured)
Xtend 10 gms (can't beat Apple flavour) BCAA's
L-Leucine 10gms
L-Glutamine 5 gms

Start sipping 5-10 mins before workout and have the last few sips just after completion. I make about 500ml

L-Leucine 10gms
L-Glutamine 5 gms

Start sipping 5-10 mins before workout and have the last few sips just after completion. I make about 500ml

haven't tried apple, might get that one next time i order from the states (unless you know a cheap local supplier..). i like having some first thing in the morning too, like an instant protein hit

by 'Bulk EAA's', do you mean from bulk nutrients? if that mixes well with the xtend, that sounds like a pretty good idea!

Do you find that you are still getting the same gains?

I currently have EAA's Pre/During and then a Protein shake with Dexrose after.

L-Leucine 10gms
L-Glutamine 5 gms

Shrek is this just your pre/during drink and then you go straight to your meal (meat & vege) or do you have more aminos post workout before your meal?

haven't tried apple, might get that one next time i order from the states (unless you know a cheap local supplier..). i like having some first thing in the morning too, like an instant protein hit

by 'Bulk EAA's', do you mean from bulk nutrients? if that mixes well with the xtend, that sounds like a pretty good idea!
Yes Bulk Nutrients for the EAA's. I got Xtend from e-bay. &0bux delivered in 2 days. apple is very good.

Do you find that you are still getting the same gains?

I currently have EAA's Pre/During and then a Protein shake with Dexrose after.
Yes same gains without added fat storage. I do not have a protein drink. After I finish my custom mix I eat my meat and veg or salad straight away.

Shrek is this just your pre/during drink and then you go straight to your meal (meat & vege) or do you have more aminos post workout before your meal?
As above. No protein drink just aminos and then eat.

Once i start bulking again i will do the same except I will add sweet potatoe to my meal.

These days you can get xtend anywhere in Aus. If it's not a your local supplier just google it.

At the moment I prefer to sip faster carbs during workout, then some oatmass after.

These days you can get xtend anywhere in Aus. If it's not a your local supplier just google it.

At the moment I prefer to sip faster carbs during workout, then some oatmass after.

for how much tho?

you can get it for around US$40 overseas + shipping. with the aussie dollar where it is, it is pretty freakin good value.

last time I picked up 3 @ $33 ech on special, bargain!

I got mine for $55 down the road. Damn, I suppose if you don't mind shipping time you could get better deals bargain hunting

L-Leucine 10gms
L-Glutamine 5 gms

10g of Leucine? why so much