• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Mixed Protiens?

drain

Just wondering after reading a few different proteins.

Why would you have mixed 2 wheys and a casein..

Just wondering the benefits of all 3 in 1 shake?
Would you be getting enough protein quick enough for recovery after workout?

in a nut shell......

WPI- is absorbed really quickly by the body... being partly broken down it loses soem of its micronutriiotnal value as apposed to WPC. probably like processed by the liver within 30-45 mins - this is what most serious people will use post workout to get po\rotein in quick....

WPC- Good all round protein.... not quite as quickly absorbed as WPI , contains more carbs, is creamier.. its cheaper and the best opition for 90% of people unless they are anal about carbs

Casein- slow release protein up to 6 hours for full release. most take this at night before bed so they dont go into a catabolic state whilst asleer.

there the new hydrolyzed WPI aswell which is even quicker absored then WPI.

mixing all 3 doesnt really matter.. but theres no benefit post workout of having casein over WPI/WPC... you are better off having WPI after a workout then eating a meal 30 mins later..

Last edited:
I thought there were studies proving subjects gained more muscle by consuming WPI + Casein? You should be covered so long as your WPI is in milk

there the new hydrolyzed WPI aswell which is even quicker absored then WPI.

NOTE: It hasn't been proven yet that hydrolysed proteins absorb faster than WPI, but if you want to give it a shot than go for a hydrolysed casein

Do you guys think there's any benefit in mixed proteins for those who don't have the time to manage meals?

I'm 16 and just starting out so I've been looking around (this site is a huge help:D). It's just that the guy at the shop turned me towards Urban Muscle Platinum Blend which has WPI, WPC, and Caesin in it. He said that since I would be at school for most of the day, a blend of proteins is the best since they will be digested at different rates.

Just wondering if a blend is really necessary, I'm considering returning it and just getting a bag of WPC from professionalwhey.com

Buy the bulk stuff.
You can try Fitness Central Tri Release protein. It has WPI, WPC and MPI.

I think they still sell it.

So do you think it makes a difference whether I go for a blend of protein powder or straight WPC? I'm not sure if the guy at the shop knew his stuff or if he was just trying to get me to buy the expensive stuff.

Why don't you buy some WPC in bulk and Milk protein Isolate in bulk and use the WPC during the day or after training and at night use 50/50 WPc MPI? Buy the WPC with flavour and the MPI natural (costs less).