• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

[Movie] Pumping iron

Basically the reason I started lifting weights. Absolutely love watching it. And the behind the scenes stuff too.

There's a scene where Lou is lifting heavy, and in the background there's a chubby bloke looking a bit lost and scared and doing curls - about twenty seconds in. Nothing's changed since those days.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqY5woMdv4A]YouTube - Arnold! Arnold! Arnold![/ame]

Lou's dad psyched him out so badly for that comp, I'm surprised Lou didn't just give up and take up macrame.

Arnie was bigger in his first movie, Hercules Goes Bananas. Great acting, too.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBN04hiDkbw[/ame]

Some of his lines remind me of Markos.
"These boys are record-holders!"
"Then they should be better."

Last edited:
Kyle you should have a look at the behind the scenes because they go into detail about the filming and how there was alot of things that were edited in at the end and how alot of comparisons were intended to be made between arnie and lou.

It was actually deemed a 'mockumentary'

Yep, I have seen all that.

However, no mention is made of Lou and his dad. Apparently that was quite genuine, that's the way Lou's dad talked to him. Unlike "der pump iz beddah dan der cummink", it rings true.

Those bicep curls are the best! Lol

I too love this movie. Haven't seen the behind the scenes yet though
Posted via Mobile Device

Kyle apparently his dad didn't really train him it was just thrown in for the movie and yeh it completely messed Lou up. Although Arnold is a master of mind games

Yep, I have seen all that.

However, no mention is made of Lou and his dad. Apparently that was quite genuine, that's the way Lou's dad talked to him. Unlike "der pump iz beddah dan der cummink", it rings true.

I read Lou's autobiography, his old man was a douche bag

2 hour drive for the DVD, that's actually tempting. I was planning on paying a visit some time after my exams are over. Would be good to check out PTC.
Posted via Mobile Device

I love autobiographies, have read many.

Lou's is a good one, as is Hulk Hogans.

Arnolds unauthorised one was a ripper.

The worst ever is Greg Williams

Bill Gates is a pearler, Kerry Packers was great, Christopher Skase a must read

I've lost count on how many times I've seen P.I.
Probably around 20. Funny thing is I watched it when I was v er. very young and it did not inspire me to train. A huge guy where I worked did. So I watched P.I again and realized then how good it was.
Cheers.

Pumping Iron is brilliant.

PTC is right about Hulk Hogans, my mate read that, reckons he nearly shed a tear on his behalf.