• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Biggest Tip Thread

+ 1 boobies ban as my current test levels are low it is nothing but a tease
Posted via Mobile Device

Back to topic, heres some thing that suprised me:

Keep stacking on the weight, its very easy to do the same sets same weight every week and feel like your muscles cannot push any harder at the end of the last set.

Suprise yourself, stack on the weight, pysch youself up and go for it. Maybe you get 1 or 3 reps, maybe 6 or 8, but you will be suprised if you believe you can (within reason) you will do it.
If it requires a spotter ask someone and go for it.

Keep changing your routine, same same but different

Bump for more tips.

Here's one.

Always listen to your mother. Mother's are always right, and if they aren't, pretend they are. :)

Bump for more tips.

Here's one.

Always listen to your mother. Mother's are always right, and if they aren't, pretend they are. :)

Yeah, that and your mother always knows. You're on steroids? She knows. Cheating on your girlfriend? She knows. SHE KNOWS

SHE KNOWS

That and all my awesome genetics came from her side and all my bad genetics came from my dad

* Drink plenty of water
* Eat lots of red meat
* Have plenty of fats

* Train like its ur last workout every session
* Heavy weight for 4-8 reps

Some on-topic tips now lol:

The majority of your training should be based around increasing your HTMFs
For mass, slow eccentrics and full force concentrics. ALWAYS lift the bar at full speed, even during warmups!

I have a few other theories from reading about gaining mass but I don't really like to give them out at the moment, I am going to test them on myself first to check that they actually work as I have never trained for mass before

The next time you fall asleep hungover while deep frying chips and wake up to a saucepan surrounded by flames, DO NOT put the fire out with water.

You will get a very nasty outcome.

If you're ordering supps form overseas (and lets face it, you're ALL doing it at one time or another), give pleeeennnttttyyyyy of lead-time on them arriving.... ie. order them well before (months, not weeks) you're gonna need them.

ive got a big tip, its at the end of my big shaft ;)

some other tips include:
Dont spend more than $30 per kilo for protein
Dont spend more than $30 for multivitamins
Supplements worth a go are glutamine and creatine
Use fish oil if you don't eat much fish
A big night on the turps erases the positive effects of roughly the last three days of training/resting
Stretch!

Last edited: