• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Need to get some protein powder- any ideas?

skram

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question, my apologies if it's not.
I got back from training the other day only to realise that I had nothing decent to eat in the house, my huge bag of Aussie Bodies whey protein isolate getting tossed when I moved house a year ago.
I'm heading down to Frankston- maybe even Coburg- tomorrow and was wondering if there's any good suppliers of reasonably priced supplements near by?
I'd like to avoid the types that have a lot of carbs- I'm after protein, not weight gain so no ~mega mass 20 million calories per serve!~ "energy" supplements for me :p Also, it's been awhile so you guys might know of a better brand than what I used to use or even a new supplement that would be better?
Please let me know if you think of anything- I can head down to Frankston pretty much anytime, but Melbourne proper is a bit of a hike (1 1/2 hours on Eastlink) so close or in Frankston would be ideal.
Cheers,
Em

As Noobs said check out the site sponsors - some good deals there! I would just get a pure WPI and away u go!

Buy online...

Check some of the sponsors of this site...

Unfortunately I can't shop online- no paypal account and no credit or visa debit card. I'm thinking I might head down to mike's gym in frankston or maybe the gym that member here runs (PTC?) and just buy from there.

Thank God that Aussie Bodies got tossed. Avoid that overpriced powder.

Online is the way to go.

...or maybe the gym that member here runs (PTC?) and just buy from there.
Go on, I dare ya! ;)

While you're there ask Markos which brand of protein powder he thinks is best and the relative merits of WPI vs WPC. And get some creatine while you're at it, he's a big fan...

Only kidding. I'm with the others here, buy your WPC natural online. Here's some options:

Fitness Central

Bulk Nutrients

Professional Whey

I just bought a 20kg bag of WPC from Professional Whey delivered for under $300. That's $15/kg.

Cheers,
Mike

If you have a bank account, you can set up paypal, its easy once you are a verified user, or get a debit card like has already been said as banks offer them for no charge

bulk nutrients has worked amazingly for me. So has fitness central, I am yet to try proffesional whey though. Buy online, way way cheaper.

Go on, I dare ya! ;)

LOL I already did! He was very helpful- told me about a place in Prahran that sounds good and, thankfully, relatively inexpensive.
Thanks for the links- unfortunately I don't have a debit card (let alone a credit card) so buying online is out for now but I will definitely check them out, if/when I get a debit card account set up.
Cheers,
Em

Online shopping is a must !!!
Just go to the petrol station and buy a credit card...
Then use it online - easy.

Go on, I dare ya! ;)

While you're there ask Markos which brand of protein powder he thinks is best and the relative merits of WPI vs WPC. And get some creatine while you're at it, he's a big fan...

Only kidding. I'm with the others here, buy your WPC natural online. Here's some options:

Fitness Central

Bulk Nutrients

Professional Whey

I just bought a 20kg bag of WPC from Professional Whey delivered for under $300. That's $15/kg.

Cheers,
Mike

How do you find the Professional whey gear Mike? Im using bulk nutrients at the moment...... Id be keen for this $15kg gear if its ok.

Online shopping is a must !!!
Just go to the petrol station and buy a credit card...
Then use it online - easy.

I'm definitely in the minority as I have never bought anything online.
There's just so much out there that I can imagine myself wasting money on, "Oh wow, 12 inch stiletto shoes with goldfish floating in the platform! I've always wanted a pair of those!" :p
Still, it would make a lot of things easier to do, no doubt about that. I'll just have to remain strong in the face of ridiculous purchases ;)

After drinking i convinced myself i needed a mankini, ohhhhh what have we here? express post don't mind if i do, click, click, click!!!!

They said 1 size fits all, it hurts my balls its so tight!

Did you go to Chapel St Emma?

If so, which one did you get?

Gary smashes anyone on prices for quality protein. I have a friend who worked at Vitamin Me, his girlfriend is now a manager there, and he buys his protein from Gary at Chapel St.

He possibly stocks over 200 different brands, maybe more.

The place is an institution, you never know who youre going to bump into there.

He doesnt do online, old school, obviously if your unlucky and live elsewhere, all the best.