• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Energy Levels

bulldog

Have been hitting the gym 3 to 4 times a week fairly hard for nearly a month now. I expected to be tired and fatigued but my energy levels just feel ridiculously low, and just generally feeling pretty average. I just didnt expect to be this drained, am i still getting used to it? Or should i be doing things different?

What are you doing in the gym?
What an how much are you eating?
How is work/uni/whatever you do treating you?
How is your home life?

Basically if you are stressed out it may affect how you feel. If you have average to minimal stress outside of lifting you are either not eating enough or training too much. I doubt it is the training too much as that usually would involve a lot of very heavy lifting at high volumes (lots and lots of sets of failure in the 1-3 rep range). If it is stress then you need to address that if not then eat a lot more for recovery and get in some nutritious meals.
Posted via Mobile Device

yesterday i ate the following.

Breakfast 7:00 - Made a shake of banana, orange, apple, 1 cup oats, 200 ml full cream milk
9:00 - Protein shake
10:30 - 75g of almonds
12:30 - A steak with 200g of vegies
3:00 - 185g tuna with some almonds and an up and go
5:30 - half a chicken breast with 200g vegies
7:30 - gym
9:00- protein and half a chicken breast
10:00- large glass of milk

And most days this will be my diet.. ive changed it a bit this week to add some more protein and get rid of processed foods

Last edited:
What are you doing in the gym?
What an how much are you eating?
How is work/uni/whatever you do treating you?
How is your home life?

Basically if you are stressed out it may affect how you feel. If you have average to minimal stress outside of lifting you are either not eating enough or training too much. I doubt it is the training too much as that usually would involve a lot of very heavy lifting at high volumes (lots and lots of sets of failure in the 1-3 rep range). If it is stress then you need to address that if not then eat a lot more for recovery and get in some nutritious meals.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thats the thing. Im not stressed out at all. My life is very cruisy, work is cruisy, my downtime is cruisy. Im not doing a hell of a lot at the gym.. 3 to 4 sets of max 8 reps with about 4 different exercises plus some ab work at the end of every session.

how much do you weigh? you getting enouhg calories?

and are you overtraining? or should i say undereating for how you train?

If you are not stressed then you must need more calories. Eat up a bit for 2 weeks and see how you feel.
Posted via Mobile Device

Are you drinking enough water? Deydration can reduce energy. drink until your urine is clear and keep it that way.

Have been hitting the gym 3 to 4 times a week fairly hard for nearly a month now. I expected to be tired and fatigued but my energy levels just feel ridiculously low, and just generally feeling pretty average. I just didnt expect to be this drained, am i still getting used to it? Or should i be doing things different?

Cause and effect

If you lightly filed your calluses on your hand, the body responds by regenerating tissue over that area, the callus becomes tougher.

If you file your callus to a point where you draw blood and did this every day the body has no chance to effect the healing process.

Assuming you are progressing well with your workouts, you would need to at some point increase your recovery time between workouts.
Everyone is different here and factor outside the gym also impact on this.

You can work long, you can work hard but you cannot do both.
Posted via Mobile Device

You may want to go to the doctor to get some blood tests done, could have something going on physiologically.

Cause and effect

If you lightly filed your calluses on your hand, the body responds by regenerating tissue over that area, the callus becomes tougher.

If you file your callus to a point where you draw blood and did this every day the body has no chance to effect the healing process.

Assuming you are progressing well with your workouts, you would need to at some point increase your recovery time between workouts.
Everyone is different here and factor outside the gym also impact on this.

You can work long, you can work hard but you cannot do both.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mate why the hell are u talking about calluses. I dnt have any!
Posted via Mobile Device

Lol yeah as soon as I posted it I realized. Was on a hot and crappy train so was just frustrated!! Yeah I understand what you are saying I guess finding the balance between all is the key
Posted via Mobile Device