• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Energy Levels

You do realise this study was performed on people with metabolic syndrome...?

The OP was given the diet information in the other thread, i.e to remove all the processed food and now people are telling him to add more processed food,

**** id be confused as well,

hes trying to change his body composition, by having shit like pasta and bread in there its is unlikely that he is going to do that,

noobs i sometimes wonder why you keep trying,

Perhaps I should re-read the OP and see where it says that he is trying to lose weight? Wholemeal alternatives were suggested (obviously less processed) - maybe read again?

Keep in mind that of this 378 KJ approximately 265 KJ comes from total fat. 77% of overall energy comes from saturated fat. As you would know, a high saturated fat intake is not good to overall health

Not a large percentage of fat from eggs is saturated. I used to have 60% of my energy intake as fat, 50% of that total fat was saturated. I kept this up for roughly a year. I had blood tests done at the end of that year as a apart of a general check up. All of my lipid profiles, triglycerides, HDL, LDL, HDL/LDL ratio some of the best my GP had seen.

Please don't re-hash things that you "believe" are the common norms, generally spouted by news articles/gossip mags catering to overweight housewifes.

In regards to energy, they don't call eggs "brainfood" for nothing.

Not a large percentage of fat from eggs is saturated. I used to have 60% of my energy intake as fat, 50% of that total fat was saturated. I kept this up for roughly a year. I had blood tests done at the end of that year as a apart of a general check up. All of my lipid profiles, triglycerides, HDL, LDL, HDL/LDL ratio some of the best my GP had seen.

Please don't re-hash things that you "believe" are the common norms, generally spouted by news articles/gossip mags catering to overweight housewifes.

In regards to energy, they don't call eggs "brainfood" for nothing.

Sorry champ. Had the wrong figures in front of me earlier. Total fat is approximately 70% of total KJ.

Approxiamtely 20% of which is from saturated fat.

Let me just say a high intake of saturated fat will not help you in any way health wise.

You do realise this study was performed on people with metabolic syndrome...?

I was on an iphone...
I have numerous references listed else where.

Regardless of metabolic syndrome, somehting changed. This shows that food is not as simple as Dietitians/GP's like to believe.

1 problem is that once people, all people notjust you. Think that as a human race we understand everything. Obviously we do not. Yet in university things are taught as if we know all there is to know.

In your mind you were thinking a certain on a basic molecular level. You even said it yourself.
These contain polysaccharides (starch - complex carbs). Hence the slow digestion and release, looks like google is giving you misleading information
Obviously the food contains that but it also contains other things... You cant think so simplisticly. This is why dietitians get it wrong so often. Food is so complex and there are so many elements we do not know.

Maybe expand your studies into nutrigenomics. Im not here for a cock swinging exhibition. So dont make it out to be one.

-n00bs

Athlon, if you have been browsing this section long enough you will realise that he had another thread a few days ago,

he gained weight without training, most of this was probably fat,

and now he is trying to "turn the weight into muscle", advice was given on diet and training, his current diet is just a modified one that he has been following for a few days,

don't you think his old diet that included all the ice cream and bread are maybe to blame for his lack of energy levels?

I think people like to be told what they want to hear and not what they don't want to hear.

OP: just eat what everyone else said to eat in your last thread, do it for a few weeks, drink plenty of water and supplement with fishoil and a multi, sleep 8+ hours a night. If you still feel like you lack energy then go see someone.

Sorry champ. Had the wrong figures in front of me earlier. Total fat is approximately 70% of total KJ.

Approxiamtely 20% of which is from saturated fat.

Let me just say a high intake of saturated fat will not help you in any way health wise.

Define high?

Remember it is oxidaiton of LDL that is bad and inflamation causing its increase.

Decrease oxidation no problems... Look at the study on rats fed high saturated fat diets then supplemented with resveratrol. Guess what in spite of LDL no heart disease or problems...

Saturated fat is not the evil it is made out to be,

-n00bs

The OP was given the diet information in the other thread, i.e to remove all the processed food and now people are telling him to add more processed food,

**** id be confused as well,

hes trying to change his body composition, by having shit like pasta and bread in there its is unlikely that he is going to do that,

noobs i sometimes wonder why you keep trying,

Hah yeah thanks for bringing that up. Thats why im still bit skeptical about adding the pasta to meals.. I can add an extra piece of fruit to an afternoon meal which wouldnt be a problem. But after this whole thread. Still bit confused what could benefit me and what wont benefit me..

This shows that food is not as simple as Dietitians/GP's like to believe.

Yet in university things are taught as if we know all there is to know.

Food is not simple. This argument you started proves that. If I searched and found the OP's previous posts I would have approached this in a completely different way. My mistake. Sorry.

University teaches what is currently known and the most up to date scientific studies (that are reliable).

In your mind you were thinking a certain on a basic molecular level. You even said it yourself.
Obviously the food contains that but it also contains other things... You cant think so simplisticly.

I only stated this as I was proving my point of wholemeal and starch foods as high GI foods.

Im not here for a cock swinging exhibition. So dont make it out to be one.

I am also not here for "a cock swinging exhibition". But I don't think you should be making personal attacks against people, if you plan to be like that and childish.. go back to BB.com. I plan to extend studies to a Master of Exercise Physiology as that is where the interest truly lies.

Athlon, if you have been browsing this section long enough you will realise that he had another thread a few days ago.

As you can tell I didn't browse before posting. My mistake.

Again.. I am sorry.

Perhaps I should re-read the OP and see where it says that he is trying to lose weight? Wholemeal alternatives were suggested (obviously less processed) - maybe read again?

Cheers athlon, appreciate your thoughts!! Wholemeal pasta will be added. Definitely not trying to lose weight, im a skinny pri*k already...

Athlon, if you have been browsing this section long enough you will realise that he had another thread a few days ago,

he gained weight without training, most of this was probably fat,

and now he is trying to "turn the weight into muscle", advice was given on diet and training, his current diet is just a modified one that he has been following for a few days,

don't you think his old diet that included all the ice cream and bread are maybe to blame for his lack of energy levels?

I think people like to be told what they want to hear and not what they don't want to hear.

OP: just eat what everyone else said to eat in your last thread, do it for a few weeks, drink plenty of water and supplement with fishoil and a multi, sleep 8+ hours a night. If you still feel like you lack energy then go see someone.

hey mate, it makes sense what you are saying.. I was eating ice cream and bread etc and now im not getting that source so thats why my energy levels are low??

But yes i will continue my new diet, keep my supplements up and get a good rest each night.. See how i am over the next month or so

Food is not simple. This argument you started proves that. If I searched and found the OP's previous posts I would have approached this in a completely different way. My mistake. Sorry.

University teaches what is currently known and the most up to date scientific studies
(that are reliable).

I only stated this as I was proving my point of wholemeal and starch foods as high GI foods.

I am also not here for "a cock swinging exhibition". But I don't think you should be making personal attacks against people, if you plan to be like that and childish.. go back to BB.com. I plan to extend studies to a Master of Exercise Physiology as that is where the interest truly lies.

As you can tell I didn't browse before posting. My mistake.

Again.. I am sorry.

Not al ways, real world applicaiton shows what is current and deals with real life situations.

It can take along time for the scholers to play "catch up".

While that happens alot of people keep doing what worked all along...

This happens everywhere... I do alot of reading on endocrinology.