• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Energy Levels

In combination with everything said above;

Take a good B vitamin complex

Drink a few freshly juiced vegetable juices (made me feel a lot better - betroot, carrot, celery, ginger, lemon)

Also get a general blood test...

yesterday i ate the following.

Breakfast 7:00 - Made a shake of banana, orange, apple, 1 cup oats, 200 ml full cream milk
9:00 - Protein shake
10:30 - 75g of almonds
12:30 - A steak with 200g of vegies
3:00 - 185g tuna with some almonds and an up and go
5:30 - half a chicken breast with 200g vegies
7:30 - gym
9:00- protein and half a chicken breast
10:00- large glass of milk

And most days this will be my diet.. ive changed it a bit this week to add some more protein and get rid of processed foods

You need to increase your carbohydrate intake if this is a typical days food consumption. The most carbs is coming from breakfast, this is an important time to consume carbs, however you need the fuel throughout the day from carbs at other meals. You should include foods such rice and pasta of wholemeal variety and potatoes (as well as sweet potato). Just some suggestions. You can also mix things up with a different variety of grains, such as amaranth or quinoa.

You need to increase your carbohydrate intake if this is a typical days food consumption. The most carbs is coming from breakfast, this is an important time to consume carbs, however you need the fuel throughout the day from carbs at other meals. You should include foods such rice and pasta of wholemeal variety and potatoes (as well as sweet potato). Just some suggestions. You can also mix things up with a different variety of grains, such as amaranth or quinoa.

Cheers for that.. Will add some pasta/potato to either my tuna in the arvo or my chicken at 5:30. Thats an easy adjustment considering pasta and potato are particular favourites!!

I would rather you add fruit or something more nutrient dense then pasta or potato. However look at what others are eating some don't even eat the fruit you are having for breakfast and are fine.
Posted via Mobile Device

I would rather you add fruit or something more nutrient dense then pasta or potato. However look at what others are eating some don't even eat the fruit you are having for breakfast and are fine.
Posted via Mobile Device

It would make sense to consume ENERGY DENSE foods as he is in need of energy. Not to mention the over consumption of fruit possibly leading to dental problems (in extreme cases), also yielding a monosaccharide (fructose) therefore low glycemic index and immediate energy use as opposed to sustained energy which is clearly what he needs. Ofcourse fruits are essential to a healthy diet but I wouldn't recommend an excessive intake. You can get too much of a good thing.

It would make sense to consume ENERGY DENSE foods as he is in need of energy. Not to mention the over consumption of fruit possibly leading to dental problems (in extreme cases), also yielding a monosaccharide (fructose) therefore low glycemic index and immediate energy use as opposed to sustained energy which is clearly what he needs. Ofcourse fruits are essential to a healthy diet but I wouldn't recommend an excessive intake. You can get too much of a good thing.

Not every one in need of energy requires " energy dense" food alone. Otherwise obese people wouldnt be so tired.

I mention add a piece of fruit and you mention cavities? .... I'm sure op knows how to brush his teeth.

Legumes would be better then pasta. But if you want an energy dense food add some eggs.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
I mention add a piece of fruit and you mention cavities? .... I'm sure op knows how to brush his teeth.

As I said... You can get too much of a good thing. In extreme cases this is quite possible. Unlikely, yes. Although, possible.

Legumes would be better then pasta. But if you want an energy dense food add some eggs.
Posted via Mobile Device

Good suggestions. Thanks n00bs.

It would be a good idea to consume both legumes with grains as they compensate for each other with some nutrients. Eggs are quite nutrient dense.. 1 large egg of 46g contains 378 KJ. Keep in mind that of this 378 KJ approximately 265 KJ comes from total fat. 20% of overall energy comes from saturated fat. As you would know, a high saturated fat intake is not good to overall health.

The same weight of wholemeal spaghetti (very small amount) is approximately 243 KJ of which 29 KJ is from fat.

Last edited:
For starters don't call me ignorant google.

Other wise I would do the same for you..

I mentioned add fruit to winged about cavities.

I mentioned an egg you winged about saturated fat..

You displayed your ignorance. Don't throw stones unless you have some ****ing
Big walls to keep them out for yourself.

Last edited:
It would be a good idea to consume both legumes with grains as they compensate for each other with some nutrients. Eggs are quite nutrient dense.. 1 large egg of 46g contains 378 KJ. Keep in mind that of this 378 KJ approximately 265 KJ comes from total fat. 77% of overall energy comes from saturated fat. As you would know, a high saturated fat intake is not good to overall health.

The same weight of wholemeal spaghetti (very small amount) is approximately 243 KJ of which 29 KJ is from fat.

the supposed saturated fat in the egg.. if you were eating pizza, drinking beer and eating chips then it may be an issue, but if you eating pretty darn good and healthily everywhere else it wouldnt be an issue

Settle down kids.

The person who started the topic has been given options to address; diet, exercise selection and recovery tactics.

The rest is all speculative.
Posted via Mobile Device

For starters don't call me ignorant google.

Other wise I would do the same for you..

I mentioned add fruit to winged about cavities.

I mentioned an egg you winged about saturated fat..

You displayed your ignorance. Don't throw stones unless you have some ****ing
Big walls to keep them out for yourself.

I'm not here to argue. I'm just stating facts and giving OP a chance to decide as to what he wants to do.

Clearly you know everything.

I don't think you need to make personal attacks towards me for trying to help.

Fact
Potatoes ,pasta foods that turn quickly to sugar turn on markers for inflammation and insulin resistance.

Anyway don't call people ignorant and quote numbers from google with sub 20 posts. Makes you look like a douche.
Posted via Mobile Device

Anyway don't call people ignorant and quote numbers from google with sub 20 posts. Makes you look like a douche.
Posted via Mobile Device
As opposed to having over 3600 in only 14 months??? I don't know which is worse.
Posted via Mobile Device

Just because you don't like me doesn't mean you have to flex your imaginary e biceps at every attempt to out me down.

I'm sick of it

Grown up an find a new hobby or come do something about it in person other wise suk my balls.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fact
Potatoes ,pasta foods that turn quickly to sugar turn on markers for inflammation and insulin resistance.

Posted via Mobile Device

All information I put forward comes from university studies in Exercise Science and Nutrition.

"Potatoes ,pasta foods that turn quickly to sugar turn on markers for inflammation and insulin resistance."

These contain polysaccharides (starch - complex carbs). Hence the slow digestion and release, looks like google is giving you misleading information? Insulin resistance? Google let you down again.. High carb intake has no correlation with insulin resistance.

All information I put forward comes from university studies in Exercise Science and Nutrition.

"Potatoes ,pasta foods that turn quickly to sugar turn on markers for inflammation and insulin resistance."

These contain polysaccharides (starch - complex carbs). Hence the slow digestion and release, looks like google is giving you misleading information? Insulin resistance? Google let you down again.. High carb intake has no correlation with insulin resistance.

Wasn't google.I'll find the study then will you back peddle and issue a public apology.

I can't help it if what you learn is wrong. Better eat soy and avoid eggs, you will die..

Keep your university information at university please.because if you think high refined carbohydrates and in alot of other instances excess carbohydrate levels dont have anything o do with insulin resistance imnsorry your mistaken.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:

Dietary carbohydrate modification induces alterations in gene expression in abdominal subcutaneous adipose tissue in persons with the metabolic syndrome: the FUNGENUT Study -- Kallio et al. 85 (5): 1417 -- American Journal of Clinical Nutrition

1 of many more I have at home.
Posted via Mobile Device

The OP was given the diet information in the other thread, i.e to remove all the processed food and now people are telling him to add more processed food,

**** id be confused as well,

hes trying to change his body composition, by having shit like pasta and bread in there its is unlikely that he is going to do that,

noobs i sometimes wonder why you keep trying,