• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Vegie / fruit.. how much do you eat & what

gtrb26dett

Hi all,

Just like to know how much fruit and vegie everyone eats and what type they eat. How you mix it up so not boring, have any good receipes??

I'm just over the same old vegies cauliflower, carrots, beans so looking for more variety unsure what to have with what and how to mix it up

Thanks

Boring is not a consideration. I don't eat for fun.

I eat approx 200gms 4-5 times a day of mixed vegies, mostly green.

Same a shrek but when u can't I smash a macros greens and apple juice shake.
Posted via Mobile Device

If it's a veggie that's lightly steamed, a bit of salt/pepper I could eat it all day everyday. Infact I did so with broccoli/cauliflower...for almost a year.

Now I just add spices if I want something fancy, otherwise it's basic. I enjoy eating them.

You just have to learn to like them, or do as Adrian does and just eat them, take any and all emotion out of eating.

For reference 3/5 of my meals are cold meat/steamed veg as I have to refridgerate them, doesn't bother me one bit.

i eat majority of all seasonal fruit and veges.. i prefer veges either steamed with some lemon and olive oil or roasted in the oven with olive oil and salt and pepper over them.

fruits i could eat all day if it wasn't so bad to do. i usually make a fruit salad or just take a couple pieces of fruit with me to work and cut them up in small portions and eat them throughout the day...

i have to say ever since i stopped eating processed foods i find fruits help with the sweet cravings..

you need to take the emotion out of eating, it's hard and will probably take awhile to do, but you just need to eat to eat.. trust me i would know, i come from a family where majority of the entertainment and happy memories in my life come from food or situations surrounding food. its very hard to break but once you do, you'll find that you just eat anything...

I dont eat as much as i should, probably 150g for lunch and then dinner.

Not a huge fan of them.

Oh and no fruit.

How many grams do you think are in a cup of brocolli? or peas or beans! I dunno all I know is the bags dont last very long.

Do you even need fruit? It seems to me that vegetables are more nutrient dense than most fruit and they have a similar nutitional profile (whats in them).

Havnt had veggies in a few months...lol

Fruit I normally in 1-2 things of blueberries a week + a fruit salad on sunday mornings with yogurt and honey as part of my cheat...

Can someone please explain to me what noobs going on about with take the emotion out of food??? That doesn't even make sense

It may be totally wrong but I think he means dont link food with how you feel or what ur doing i.e going to a mates house to watch the footy so you have chips, beer, etc etc...if you've had a shit day at work dont go out and get maccas and a big block of choc...

Eating shouldnt be linked to emotions and how you feel at that time...

I.e like I said above when I go to my mates its always ok what snacks are we going to get...its like a unspoken rule with most ppl to do that lol ...not sure where it comes from but even though it may make the experience more enjoyable at that time it will be shit for you in the long run...I reckon when im at a mates watching footy playing playstation whatever I will go through 3,000-4,000 cals in snacks in a few hours...

If im wrong noobs call me out lol

no thats right..

You need to eat to fuel your body. If you have a high powered car that needs to run on 104 octance fuel.. your never going to put 91 octane or 98 in there, your gonna add that bit more octane booster everytime so the car runs at it s best potential and wont blow up due to leaning out or pre detonation.. Why shoudl your body be any diffenret.. why fill it with rubbish and crap when your body is also a fine tuned machine? fill your body with the correct fuel not the crap stuff.

eat to better yourself and body not just for your enjoyment.

Emotional eating is what he's talking about. Heard of the term 'comfort food'? People link certain foods with happiness. Like others have said. Food is a means to an end, people spend way too long trying to make the most delicious things around when it's all about eating to survive and giving us the energy to train.

Thats what your cheat meal is for. Get used to the non sweetness and blandness of what your meant to be having in comparison to your cheat meal which allows you to keep eating healthy.

Can someone please explain to me what noobs going on about with take the emotion out of food??? That doesn't even make sense

look at children, majority of children eat based on emotion. "i don't like brussel sprouts because they taste yucky!" taking the emotion out of eating is just eating something because it's good for you and not because of how it tastes or how you feel when you are eating it.

look at children, majority of children eat based on emotion. "i don't like brussel sprouts because they taste yucky!" taking the emotion out of eating is just eating something because it's good for you and not because of how it tastes or how you feel when you are eating it.

I think if the kid does not have a choice then they cant be picky....I have a huge prob with picky eaters....annoys the shit out of me!

I have steamed brocoli, snow peas, on the daily.. I just add garlic and coconut or olive oil and I love it....

I like mediteranian bakesd mixes aswell, mushrooms, zuccini, egg plant, cherry tomatoes, peppers, pickles, olives etc chuck them all in a tray and bake for 20 mins I eat that at least 3 times a week.

I dont eat a lot of fruit the odd bananna, apple, have goji berries and frozen berries most days.

Personally if I put garlic, chilli and olive or coconut oil on anything I like it...