• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Dumbell rows

poopoohead

I think these are best if your trying to build up raw core power next to dead lifts of course. these can really boost most of all your upper body lifts.
I think these would be great for getting past strength platu's if your've not seriously tried em before.

Wot do you reckon

(not that i care wot you think)

what reps/sets do you like? how often do we do dumbell rows?

i need all the help i can get for my upper body lifts.

Lol don't you just love motivational posters!

Oh and don't you just love dumbbell rows! In all seriousness though I use to do them once a week and haven't done them for about a year now. Might give them another chop tomorrow. Thanks for the reminder!
Posted via Mobile Device

Dumbell rows 'Kroc Rows' are a great exercise because they allow you to push your lats hard without being limited by balance and form like a bent row.

My biggest problem with them is that most gyms only have dumbells to 50kg due to OH&S issues - most people will find themselves needing over 100 by the time theyre in their early advanced stage. A chest supported T-bar row will give you the same thing without the equipment limitations.

For you my friend:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7jAIdoORxI]YouTube - EliteFTS.com - 225x25 Kroc Row[/ame]

I do em twice a week with my lat p/dwns heavy as then drop sets lats. my back is total screwd next day but end up with tonnes more power as a result. great for building up bench work too

Last edited:
I get stuck into em every now and then, depends how I feel after deads.
Strong lift in the video, vice grips on the DB :confused:

Rear Delt flyes rock too. I know an easy way of doing em so you dont have to look like one of those retards on wipe-out.

unless your gym was intelligent enough to invest in a reverse deck.

I can pour all the weight into my rear delts. and have my rears pumped to the max. its an awesome feeling.
Because of these i never have to worry about shrugs or even up right rows which I hate.
My shoulders are coming in real nice mixing heavy rear delt work with my behind the neck standing militarys . The rest is all standing militarys in front and seated shoulder press heavy as till fail by about 5-6 sets. Then I alternate again between heavy rear delts and shoulder press till fail. and then tickle em up with some heavy front raises till i cant move no more.
Dumbell rows have primed me for much heavier rear delt annihilation. I endeavour to do them twice a week.