• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

eating plan

brendon

New eating plan, criticism wanted

ok what do people think of this
weight 96kg maintenance cal = 3168 ill be eating a little under this, want to lean up a little

8am - 5 eggs 286calories,P28gm,F19,C0.7, 5 fish oil tabs

1030am - 75g almonds and walnuts 431calories, P14,F38,C3

12:30pm - 3 kangaroo sausages Steamed greens 309calories P66,F1,C1

2:30pm - 75g almonds and walnuts,431calories, P14,F38,C3

4pm - 1 Chicken breast and broccolli 340cal P63,F9g,C1

7pm - 200gm meat/fish/chicken + vegie/salad 480cal P56,F18,C2
on workout days a shake before this meal

10pm - 1 scoop whey + 40gm nuts. 351cal P37,F24,C6

1 latte during day = 168cal P8.7,F9.3,C12

2828 Cal total...
P 288gm on workout days 320gm
F 162gm
C 24gm

this will be day no.3 so far, and going good. havent stuffed up yet :)

plz criticize, say if its ok or crap or where i can make changes.

Last edited:
I think the point of Brendons diet is to go high fat/protein low carb....looks good mate - only thing you may wanna change or increase is your protein intake during you mid morning and mid arvo meals - and thats not a huge deal - seeing as though your getting enough protein in through the day - just nit picking...even just a scoop of protein with mid morning and mid arvo - or slightly increase how many nuts you have.

ok thanks... ill chop and change things when required to see what it does. but ill stick to this for two weeks and see how it goes.

Looks very similar to mine at the moment mate which I'm having great results on.

Good luck!

Is 75g of nuts enough for 2 of the meals throughout the day?

Im not saying its not, just wanting to know peoples thoughts on it.

I need to give something like this a go, but might reduce a couple things to get the calories down a little more.

5 fish oils is f**k all.

I've taken over 40 a day.

The main thing i like is the natural anti inflamatory effect.

5 fish oils is f**k all.

I've taken over 40 a day.

The main thing i like is the natural anti inflamatory effect.

Do you get the bad fish taste every time you burp?

If you dont, which brand fish oil do you take. I have tried 2 different brands but cant keep on them because every time i burp i dry reach...

I take blackmores omega brain caps and have never had any after taste, they are concentrated also which require consuming less tabs. I only have 1 a day but have read some guys here taking 3-6

hey nick,, yeah i had started it got it done then saw yours and took some info from yours as you are having results....

get the fish oil tablets that dont smell.. odourless ones. forgot what its called. im not getting any fishy taste at all. take them with food and that would help to if they did have an odour

calorie wise its not heaps of food but its a lot of chewing and feels like im eating all day, and dont feel hungry at all when i eating but i know it will work.

some notes,,
i found it very hard first few days as its a lot of chewing and just constantly felt full. now im used to the amount of food and is getting easy, except eating baked chicken breasts are dry and boring. had cheat meal sunday night of ribs and pizza.. its never tasted so good!!!! but back to it now, im not dropping any weight as of yet, but i can tell my arms are a little more vascular, not a heap but i am noticing.

try boiling ya chicken or steaming it mate it stays a lot more tender then baking IMO.This diet will work its all about sticking to it and not cheating.
When I dropped all my weight earlier this year and kept 95% of strength I was on a similar diet xcept instead of having all the nuts I just simply had 4 meals of chicken/tuna or kangaroo and vegie 200 grams meat each meal and however much vegies I liked to make me full... In the morning Id have a shake with 1 scoop WPI and one scoop Casein , 3 tablspoons of psyllium husk, forzen berries and goji berries , plus a pre and post workout shake with 1 scoop wpi.... That took me from 78 to 72 in 6-7 weeks and I was at the lowest bodfy fat i had ever been , energy levels were good. Im sure you will achieve your goal discipline and giving it time is the key.

I only have 1 a day but have read some guys here taking 3-6

Probably me. I use the Omega Brain also, at 6/day. Comes out at 3g DHA and 600mg EPA IIRC. For the amount of DHA, that's roughly the equivelant of 20-30 regular fish oil capsules. Store them in the fridge/freezer if you don't want them to go rancid and have that fishy odour/aftertaste.

Otherwise it looks pretty solid, just take notes and adjust by how you feel. Lack energy? Add a little more food. Not getting dropping fat as well as you hoped? Add cardio OR drop a little food. Up to yourself.

Good luck.

Whenever I have baked chicken breast in the oven, they do tend to be quite dry.
I cook them in a breville grill press and they are so juicy and tender, even cooking them in a fry pay with a little olive oil usually yields the same result

the secret to oven baking is to steam them first... steam for 5 mins then back for 10 to 15... you wont be dissapointed.

haha... ok well its been 4 weeks or so.. my portion sizes most likely, acttually definately been a bit too much. and then one day a week on weekend kinda eat whatever, so it unintentionally morphed into a bulk...

weighed in this morning at 100.1kg lol.... oh well... im pretty sure not that much is fat, so gained 3.6kg over 4 weeks. now time to get portion sizes right. my legs and arms dont carry that much fat and a lot more vascular there.
or other option is that food intake was ok but due to my knee being retarded havent been able to do too much cardio work..

oh well... keep learning and adapting and changing to see what works.