• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Powders What and How ?

Sounds like you might need to see a therapist. You seem to want to talk about it, but it I am just not sure that an internet forum is the best place for you.

Invest some money in understanding what goes on in your head, I think it might be a worthwhile investment.

Is there a good thread on here to read over that covers nutrition for beginners. I.E. what is worth while and what is wasting your time.

Eat unprocessed foods as nature intended.

Eat every 2.5/3 hours

Protein with every meal.

Eat seasonal.

Not hard.

G'day

Bit of a noob when it comes to supplements I want to start training but I do not eat anywhere NEAR enough REAL foods to support growth (im working on my apettite :S)

Can anyone recommend a particular protein powder to help out ?

I'd like to gain muscle size without getting that huge flabby look I been on powders b4 and got that flabby look I am extremly thin and lanky rite now with an EXTREMLY fast metabolism.

In short I don;t want to be doing my workouts for nothing you know ? Burn off the muscle THAT I have since I have next to no fuel (comes back to appettie) please hlp

Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey is the best choice, relatively cheap to compared to most known brands. Yeah, but you should get your diet sorted first. Then take a Nitric Oxide product pre workout and creatine can be taken both pre and post.

Do only way you will 'burn muscle' is if you do too much cardio. Concentrate on heavy weights low reps, and maybe incorporate a few super sets to get strength.

hitting the gym hard will rev up your metabolism, as well as this it might be worth getting a meal replacement shake powder and drinking it if you can't stomach a proper meal doing this should hopefully start to tell your metabolism to speed up and your stomach to expand so you can then move onto proper meals every 2-3 hours each day.

hitting the gym hard will rev up your metabolism, as well as this it might be worth getting a meal replacement shake powder and drinking it if you can't stomach a proper meal doing this should hopefully start to tell your metabolism to speed up and your stomach to expand so you can then move onto proper meals every 2-3 hours each day.

I find meal replacement powders pretty funny. First you get the whey out of milk add some sugar and fat probably add some vitamins and casein. Then you add water and drink. Holy shit are we just pretty much back to were we started with the milk in the first place.

I find meal replacement powders pretty funny. First you get the whey out of milk add some sugar and fat probably add some vitamins and casein. Then you add water and drink. Holy shit are we just pretty much back to were we started with the milk in the first place.

Because saturated fat will kill you! :rolleyes:

...Maybe true, if its homogonised. Its all about marketing products to morons.. You cant beat raw milk.

For skinny guys with fast metabolism I always recommend a mass gaining protein powder with at least 50/50 carb protein ratio to add calories.
I am developing a gainer with Oats in it as an alternative to maltodextrin and with some good fats in it.
Don't lift too heavy if you want muscle mass, 8 -12 reps at max effort will allow you to put on size not just get stronger.
Saturated fat is necessary in your diet if its from the right source, because testosterone is made from cholesterol. You need a good combination of fats.
Milk fat is better for you than fat from processed meats etc that have lots of cancer causing nitrates in them.

Sorry for late response I am at work and It got busy all of a sudden....

Alright I'll give you an example of what I consumed yesterday to the best of my knowledge theres no lies in this since well its for ME so I want help lol so don't be surprised with what you read, its very accurate since I consum so little for someone my height and age its RIDICULOUS...which might even leave you pondering "How do I SURVIVE"

Breakfast (usually 7:30am): 2x 375ml Up N Go energizers + 1x 1L Golden Circle Golden Pash drink
Nothing
Nothing
Nothing
Lunch (usually 1pm and after): Footlong subway Steak and cheese, consists of Herb and cheese bread, 2 handfuls of lettuce, 10 slices of cucumber a handful of shredded carrot and a handful of red onion with the largest COKE!...
nothing
nothing
Afternoon around 2-3pm 1x 1L Golden Circle Golden Pash drink
nothing
countless amounts of water to attempt to supress my churning hungry painful stomach.... about 2L
Dinner: Nothing!
nothing
nothing
bed

EDIT1: This might not sound rite too you (nor should it LOL) but its 110% accurate for what I consumed yesterday and on a daily basis (I live a routine life style)

EDIT2: I am 22yrs old 6'2"-3" and 75Kg's if that helps someway :S

EDIT3: Sometimes (rarely) in the evening AFTER my dinner (I get dinner between6-7pm and I usually go to bed at around 11pm so I snack) SOMETIMES!!! SOMETIMES!!! I grab a banana and 2 green apples which is consumed after dinner at about 8:30pm. I do get dinner's made for me but NEVER eat them :S and its around THEN that the stomach pains come in so I resort to drowning it in water / some fruit.

:eek: Wow...

No offense bud but im surprised you even have the desire to lift weights eating how you eat... i wouldnt even want to get out of bed let alone go about my day and do anything...

Calculate what you need before you do anything, a rough calculation for your size and height would say you need to eat around 2800-3200 calories a day at the moment to gain mass with weight training.

Check out CalorieKing.com.au - Australian Online Diet and weight loss club. Lose weight for good! and suss out whats in the foodyou eat, you should aim for around 250-300 grams a day of protein as well at your current weight. ( approx 3-4 g protein per kg body weight )

As already mentioned as well, calorie dense shakes are easy to consume, stay away from up and go drinks, they have added sugars and you will get much more out of a good WPC shake with some added natural peanut butter and oats etc. even throw some extra virgin olive oil in there to up the calories if needed.

5 meals a day minimum to buddy, no matter what, dont skip meals or your metabolism will get all screwed up ( long explanation but the more frequent you eat the more it will keep your body in an anabolic state which is needed to grow muscle mass ). If you cant get to sit down and eat a meal have a shake, if you really really feel so inclined an up and go energize might suffice for a quick fix as they do have 20 grams of protein and around 300 calories if i remember right?

Kharn,

Here's some good reading to get you started on this journey. You need to sort out some mindset issues first.

Abs by Mark Rippetoe

Cheers,
Mike

Mike as someone who's done the GOMAD thing in the past I'm going to have to disagree entirely for the following reasons:

1. Once you gain new fat cells they are very hard to lose. This can make weight gain and dieting in the future very difficult, especially once your body establishes its 'set point'.

2. Being 90kg and squatting 140kg is not impressive.

3. Most people who got into lifting (at least before they got corrupted by muscle mags) just want to look good with their shirt off which they dont need to be 100kg to do. Getting 'huge' and over 15% leaves a lot of people dissatisfied with their physique because whilst their waist grows their arms dont grow proportionately.

Slow and steady wins the race. Mind you, the OPs diet looks like crap regardless of goals.