• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

McDonalds workout food

T

Tomahawk$711

Ok this is my first post and i need some help fast.. i probably should have started at a weight loss forum first. Im gaining weight and im struggling to get the motivation to lift any. i used to be in a job that was basicly weight lifting everyday so i never really worked out and was staying in shape easy without needing to do much else.now i sit at a desk all day and i eat maccas all the time im f@#ked. summer is coming up and i dont think i want to take my shirt off...

So i have got about 3 months to get something happening. i have never had a personal trainer and never been to a gym only used to own dumbells so didnt see much point in getting training for dumbells . i started off with them i could only curl 10kg in a short time i got to 20kg then i 25kg then 30kg but that was over a year and not really having a go.. now i can maybe curl 20kg 10 times or reps or what ever you call it. my arms are have shrunk a lot.. I bought a cheap gym set its got vertical bench what ever you call the pull down bar. and the pec thing what ever you call it.. anyways to get to the point

Sorry you could have skipped all that rubbish i wrote up there..
Can you make a difference to your body in 14 weeks a noticable difference.. i have gained about 8kg since i was in shape 8kg of fat maybe more if i factor in muscle loss...

is just throwing on the heaviest weight you can lift twice the way to go.. and just keep banging away at it till you can lift it more then 10 times then increase. will this work.. its how i first started.. if that is no good then
what should i do.. hoq long should i work out for.. is an hour a day enough or should i go for as long as possible...

Hahaha the title is a joke but probably not to far off.. oh also i used to smoke and was able to stay in shape i have since given them up to....

13 weeks is it possible to drop about 8kg in fat and get some good gains in muscle.. only really want to work out my upper body where there used to be muscle there is now fat....

You sound a bit older than me but I'll do my best to help.

Weightlifting and health isnt an 8 week, three month or even a two year venture. Its looking at where you're going to be in 10 or 20 years, if not more.

If you use one of the programs listed in the beginners section, do sprint backs x1-2 a week and eat 'clean' (not because this means anything but most people tend to over estimate their calorie allowance) then yes you will make some changes. Maybe not as drastic as you like but significant.

If you want to loose fat, you have to work out the biggest muscles in your body to burn the most calories. I introduce you to squats and deadlifts, these will quickly add mass to your legs which will burn even more calories.

Have you thought about joining a gym or buying a little more equipment?

Like Oli said, its more of a lifestyle change, start now and begin to see a changes you will be happy with.

Read this from top to bottom and ask more questions if you need to
PTC NEWSLETTER, Issue # 37

squat 3x a week and you will lose weight...but this wont be a few week venture..you lift for life bud!!!

Using exercise as a means to lose weight is specious at best, using this analogy best describes it.
It takes you an hour of exercise to lose 300 cal and two seconds to add it via a mars bar.

The cal in versus cal out is also floored, it can make you even hungrier.

Smaller portions and less often, missing out on a meal is not going to place you in starvation mode.

So, do not view exercise as a way of losing flab and heed Oliver's advice.

I'm 49, I've been consistently working out for twenty years, but I lift like life depends on it because it does.
Posted via Mobile Device

im 28 i think i might have over exaggerated on how overweight i thought i was. in 2008 i weighed about 86kg now i weigh 92-93kg but i think with a lot of muscle loss i have gained some fat. height is 185cm. what is the best pec workout you can do without a bench i only have vertical bench and its also a pec deck if that is what you call it. that plus doing curls would that be a sufficient workout for your pecks..
also what if i was to just try build bulk muscle and not worrry about to much about the cardio.. will i still loose some of the excess fat.. i usually do a bit of boxing before i start lifting any weights...
Do i even need a rest day? i never used to have any rest days years ago i just keept pushing the same muscle group every day. it seem to work for me but i am no expert.. pecks and abs are my biggest concern holding a weight on your chest while doing sit ups does this help or just wreck your back?..
thanks for the reply's... i think i have over dramatized my situation a bit.. just was in a bad mood looking at photos of what i used to be..
ill get a photo up next week then see if i can make a change by jan

Can we all work on a generic answer to copy and paste to give beginners?

Ditch the pec dec and bicep curls... Get a real bench or sign up to the gym. Swear on your mothers life you won't do another bicep curl until you can deep squat 140 at least. Smash a beginners workout like the ptc one, Fadi's one or the mark Riptoe one (find them in the bodybuilding section or can someone who isn't on their phone link it for him?)

Nutrition.. Eat good clean healthy food and no processed crap. Good lean protein six time a day along with nuts, beans, veg, but of fruit etc

Why do you care so much about working your pecs?
Posted via Mobile Device

That's what I keep thinking but we do have to give people the benefit of the doubt.. I still doubt OC is legit lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

if you don't need rest days that suggests the workouts you are doing probably aren't hard enough

im 28 i think i might have over exaggerated on how overweight i thought i was. in 2008 i weighed about 86kg now i weigh 92-93kg but i think with a lot of muscle loss i have gained some fat. height is 185cm. what is the best pec workout you can do without a bench i only have vertical bench and its also a pec deck if that is what you call it. that plus doing curls would that be a sufficient workout for your pecks..
also what if i was to just try build bulk muscle and not worrry about to much about the cardio.. will i still loose some of the excess fat.. i usually do a bit of boxing before i start lifting any weights...
Do i even need a rest day? i never used to have any rest days years ago i just keept pushing the same muscle group every day. it seem to work for me but i am no expert.. pecks and abs are my biggest concern holding a weight on your chest while doing sit ups does this help or just wreck your back?..
thanks for the reply's... i think i have over dramatized my situation a bit.. just was in a bad mood looking at photos of what i used to be..
ill get a photo up next week then see if i can make a change by jan

You've given us a mouthful. Let me try to summarise things so that people can help you.

You want (in level of priority):
1. To lose the fat
2. To gain muscle

Your problem:
- Limited equipment
- Limited knowledge of how to achieve your goals (im sorry but if you think 'peck work' is going to add overall bodyfat you're severely mistaken)

Basic pieces of knowledge:
- Change your attitude towards training to something long term. Think of the next 2kg lost as opposed to the next 10, think of the next 2.5kg you can add to your squat as opposed to the next 20.

- Tell yourself this over and over: a big muscle is a strong muscle. Yes there are big guys who lift pathetic weights, but if you get stronger than you are now you will get bigger.

- Compound exercises (squat, bench press, deadlift, overhead press) stress more muscle, burn more calories and elevate testosterone levels more than isolation work.

- Eat clean and eat less. It may not be perfect in terms of calories and macros, but you'll feel better and you'll lose weight.

Steps:
- Pick a beginner program from the beginner thread and do it until you can squat 140, bench 100 and deadlift 180.
- Get some decent equipment - either a power rack package from gymdirect or a gym membership.
- Avoid processed food. If someone offers you mcdonalds dont eat anything.
- Do some form of cardio once a week Boxing, sprinting, kettlebells - anything, as long as its high intensity.
- Read everything on this forum.

Do that for about 6 months and see where you end up.

You've given us a mouthful. Let me try to summarise things so that people can help you.

1. To lose the fat
2. To gain muscle

Your problem:
- Limited equipment
- Limited knowledge of how to achieve your goals (im sorry but if you think 'peck work' is going to add overall bodyfat you're severely mistaken)

- Change your attitude towards training to something long term. Think of the next 2kg lost as opposed to the next 10, think of the next 2.5kg you can add to your squat as opposed to the next 20.

- Tell yourself this over and over: a big muscle is a strong muscle. Yes there are big guys who lift pathetic weights, but if you get stronger than you are now you will get bigger.

- Compound exercises (squat, bench press, deadlift, overhead press) stress more muscle, burn more calories and elevate testosterone levels more than isolation work.

- Eat clean and eat less. It may not be perfect in terms of calories and macros, but you'll feel better and you'll lose weight.

Steps:
- Pick a beginner program from the beginner thread and do it until you can squat 140, bench 100 and deadlift 180.
- Get some decent equipment - either a power rack package from gymdirect or a gym membership.
- Do some form of cardio once a week Boxing, sprinting, kettlebells - anything, as long as its high intensity.

there's your copy and paste response you could use for everyone

1. To lose the fat
2. To gain muscle

Your problem:
- Limited equipment

Steps:

Great reply, id rather just buy my own gym equipment. can anyone give me a link to what i should buy.. thanks for replys. some of the things i have wrote sound stupid to you all but it is because of very limited knowledge. and being skeptical of things that do and dont work.. everyone is selling the best workout. so without talking to people who are not out to get a sale or make money in someway you never know what to beleive.. this forum looks like a good place to learn lots of knowlagable people here

Gym direct have great package deals, something like this would be great to get you started but I would add another 60kg of weights
http://www.gymdirect.com.au/item/3-Package-Deal-_-Power-Rack--+-FIBEV-flat-incline-bench-+-Olympic-bar-+-80kg-Olympic-weights-$1095/530.htm

Or something like this if you have more space (and cash)
7 Package Deal_ Commercial Power Rack + Bench + Heavy Duty Olympic Bar + 175kg Rubber Olympic plates

Power rack, bench, barbell and weights are all you ever really need, contact The Hulk (member here) as he runs gym direct and he will be able to help you out

So would you say a multistation is a waste of money..
What are your thoughts when you hear. if you got a door you have got a gym.

Im pretty handy with a welder i could probably build one of these stations over a weekend.

So would you say a multistation is a waste of money..
What are your thoughts when you hear. if you got a door you have got a gym.

Im pretty handy with a welder i could probably build one of these stations over a weekend.

1. Yes
2. You're going to limit your gains and damage your door.
3. Check out some of the specs, even look up some plans for a power rack - there's some good ones out there.

'All you need' is:
- An olympic barbell set
- A power rack
- A flat bench

Buy the best quality. muscle motion tends to be that, I have the commercial rack and bench and theyre fantastic.