• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

wtf milk?

Thats like fineing woolies for selling kitchen knives and someone goes and kills someone...

You can buy panadol from woolies.. Yet it kills people every year. A child can even buy it...

But dont buy MILK as nature intended it FFS!!!

:rolleyes:

One clearly has a much higher risk of killing you. Oh wait isnt that why they introduced pasteurization in the first place?

its-a-conspiracy.jpg

One clearly has a much higher risk of killing you. Oh wait isnt that why they introduced pasteurization in the first place?

its-a-conspiracy.jpg

Yeah oliver raw milk kills people... Thats why raw goats milk is legal.

In a number of studies involving rats over several generations, researchers Scott and Erf documented normal growth, good health and gentle disposition in rats fed an exclusive raw milk diet. Rats fed pasteurixed milk were anemic, had slow growth, rough coats, loss of vitality and weight, and were very irritable, often showing a tendency to bite when handled (Jersey Bulletin, 1931 Vol 50)
In studies of Guinea pigs carried out by Wulzen and Bahr, animals fed whole raw milk had excellent growth and no abnormalities; those fed whole pasteurized milk had poor growth, muscle stiffness, emaciation and weakness and death within one year. Autopsy of pasteurized milk fed animals revealed atrophied muscles streaked with calcification and tricalcium deposits under the skin and in the joints, heart and other organs (American Journal do Physiology, 1941).
According to statistics posted at the US government’s centre for Disease Control Website, those consuming raw milk are 2.5 times less likely to contract food borne illness than those consuming pasteurized milk and 3.5 times less likely to contract food borne illness from consuming other foods.
Raw milk contains numerous components that kill bad bacteria and strengthen the immune system. In the infant, these components provide immunity for life to any pathogen to which the baby is exposed. These components are mostly destroyed, or greatly reduced, by pasteurization.

Since 1999, Organic Pastures Dairy in California has sold 40 million servings of raw milk and raw milk products, without one reported illness; during the same period, there have been at least 20 recalls of pasteurized milk products in California. The most occurred in May, 2006, hen 13000 inmates at 11 state prisons contracted gastroenteritis from campylobacter in half-pint cartons of pasteurized milk.

Oh snap...

Last edited:
Yeah oliver raw milk kills people... Thats why raw goats milk is legal.

I've explained this to you already noobs - legislators likely didnt have the extreme minority of raw goats milk drinkers in mind when they drafted the bill.

Oh snap...

How many billions of liters of milk are sold in the US do you think?

Have you ever thought what the potential risk of releasing untreated milk to the public market would me?

If you drink raw milk from this cow in its natural habitat here you are going to be ok

5364236-single-cow-with-black-spots-standing-on-green-pasture-see-other-beautiful-cows-in-my-portfolio.jpg

If you drink raw milk from these cows here, chances are you might get fucked up
These cows are also fed all kinds of shit for maximum profit

dairy-farm-modern.jpeg

hence the raw milk laws

Yes Oliver the law is there to protect me.

Jdizzle I couldn't if said it better myself.

As I have explained to Oliver multiple times before but he forgets. I wouldn't drink unpasturized milk from a factory. I do drink it from a healthy cow though..

Get it through your head.

Oliver more people die from panadol then raw milk, I suggest you take up your save humanity cause by banning raw milk elsewhere.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
The law is also protects you in many other ways noobs, so that one day the people of the future won't look back on internet forums, find you drinking bath milk and lol.

btw - deaths among a very small number of bath milk drinkers vs a pharmaceutical conglomerate that sells internationally isnt exactly a fair comparison.

You say it like it's a strange thing.

I think you eating chemicals and calling them food strange.

I wonder what one is more bizarre.

Hhhmmm
Posted via Mobile Device

Its only called bath milk because of regulations.

when I get it, it sets me back $4/L. If a normal bath is about 200L, then lets just say we half fill it, then it still sets you back $400 a bath. Not too mention the fact that unless you know a distributor you wont find that much, the most I have ever seen in a shop is about 20L.

Did I mention it tastes great

Its only called bath milk because of regulations.

when I get it, it sets me back $4/L. If a normal bath is about 200L, then lets just say we half fill it, then it still sets you back $400 a bath. Not too mention the fact that unless you know a distributor you wont find that much, the most I have ever seen in a shop is about 20L.

Did I mention it tastes great
Want to pm me your hook up lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

I have recently sent you a pm on a separate topic.

I get it from a local organic shop. All my house-mates thought I was MAD.

Fresh, Unprocessed (Raw) Whole Milk:
Safety, Health and Economic Issues

The Safety of Raw Milk:

PROTECTIVE COMPONENTS: Raw milk contains numerous components that assist in:
  • Killing pathogens in the milk (lactoperoxidase, lactoferrin, leukocytes, macrophages, neutrophils, antibodies, medium chain fatty acids, lysozyme, B12 binding protein, bifidus factor, beneficial bacteria);
  • Preventing pathogen absorption across the intestinal wall (polysaccharides, oligosaccharides, mucins, fibronectin, glycomacropeptides, bifidus factor, beneficial bacteria);
  • Strengthening the Immune System (lymphocytes, immunoglobulins, antibodies, hormones and growth factors) (Scientific American, December 1995; British J of Nutrition, 2000:84(Suppl. 1):S3-S10, S75-S80, S81-S89).
PASTEURIZATION HARMFUL: Many of these anti-microbial and immune-enhancing components are greatly reduced in effectiveness by pasteurization, and completely destroyed by ultra-pasteurization (Scientific American, December 1995; British J of Nutrition, 2000:84(Suppl. 1):S3-S10, S75-S80, S81-S89).
DANGERS EXAGGERATED: Although raw milk, like any food, can become contaminated and cause illness, the dangers of raw milk are greatly exaggerated. In an analysis of reports on 70 outbreaks attributed to raw milk, we found many examples of reporting bias, errors and poor analysis resulting in most outbreaks having either no valid positive milk sample or no valid statistical association (ResponsetoMarlerListofStudies.pdf).
USDA/FDA STATISTICS: Based on data in a 2003 USDA/FDA report: Compared to raw milk there are 515 times more illnesses from L-mono due to deli meats and 29 times more illness from L-mono due to pasteurized milk. On a PER-SERVING BASIS, deli meats were TEN times more likely than raw milk to cause illness (Intrepretive Summary – Listeria Monocytogenes Risk Assessment, Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, Sept. 2003, page 17).
OUTBREAKS DUE TO PASTEURIZED MILK: Due to high-volume distribution and its comparative lack of anti-microbial components, pasteurized milk when contaminated has caused numerous widespread and serious outbreaks of illness, including a 1984-5 outbreak afflicting almost 200,000 people. In 2007, three people died in Massachusetts from illness caused by contaminated pasteurized milk (Real Milk PowerPoint, slide 30).
FORTY-YEAR-OLD SCIENCE AND ANCIENT HISTORY: Claims that raw milk is unsafe are based on 40-year-old science and century-old experiences from distillery dairy “factory farms” in rapidly urbanizing nineteenth century America.
MODERN ADVANTAGES: Compared to 30-50 years ago, dairy farmers today can take advantage of many advancements that contribute to a dramatically safer product including pasture grazing, herd testing, effective cleaning systems, refrigeration and easier, significantly less expensive, more accessible and more sophisticated milk and herd disease testing techniques.
UNIQUE FOOD: Raw milk is the ONLY food that has extensive built-in safety mechanisms and numerous components to create a healthy immune system.
Health Benefits of Raw Milk:

BENEFITS IN EARLY HUMAN STUDIES: In early studies involving humans, raw milk was shown to be superior to pasteurized in protecting against infection, diarrhea, rickets, tooth decay and TB; and children receiving had better growth than those receiving pasteurized milk (Real Milk PowerPoint, slides 54-56, 58).
BENEFITS IN EARLY ANIMAL STUDIES: In early animal studies, animals fed raw milk had better growth, denser bones, greater integrity of internal organs, less anemia, fewer signs of anxiety and stress, and fewer signs of nutrient deficiency than animals fed pasteurized milk (Real Milk PowerPoint, slides 57, 59-64).
ASTHMA: Three recent studies in Europe found that drinking “farm” (raw) milk protected against asthma and allergies (Lancet. 2001 Oct 6;358(9288):1129-33; J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2006 Jun;117(6):1374-8; Clinical & Experimental Allergy. 2007 May; 37(5) 627-630).
RAW HUMAN MILK: In recent studies, infants on pasteurized human milk did not gain weight as quickly compared to those fed raw human milk (J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 1986 Mar-Apr;5(2):248-53) and premature babies given raw human milk had more rapid weight gain than those given pasteurized human milk. Problems were attributed to pasteurization's destruction of lipase (J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 1986 Mar-Apr;5(2):242-7).
THE MILK CURE: In the early 1900s, the Mayo Clinic administered the “Milk Cure,” which consisted in drinking 4-5 quarts of raw milk per day, obtaining favorable results for a range of illnesses including cancer, weight loss, kidney disease, allergies, skin problems, urinary tract problems, prostate problems and chronic fatigue; these results are not obtained using pasteurized milk.
DANGERS OF PASTEURIZED MILK: Many studies have linked consumption of pasteurized milk with lactose intolerance, allergies, asthma, frequent ear infections, gastro-Intestinal problems, diabetes, auto-Immune disease, attention deficit disorder and constipation. During a period of rapid population growth, the market for fluid pasteurized milk has declined at 1% per year for the past 20 years. Fewer and fewer consumers can tolerate pasteurized (and ultrapasteurized) milk (Don’t Drink Your Milk, Frank Oski, MD, 1983).
LACTOSE INTOLERANCE: In a survey of raw milk drinkers in the state of Michigan, over 80 percent of those advised by a healthcare professional that they were lactose intolerant were able to consume raw milk without problem. (LactoseIntoleranceSurvey.doc).
POSITIVE TESTIMONIALS: Hundreds of testimonials involving reversal of failure to thrive in infants; allergies, asthma and behavior problems in children; and digestive disorders, arthritis, osteoporosis and even cancer in adults (Testimonials, MI-RawMilkHealthTestimonials.pdf).
NUTRIENT DEGRADATION BY PASTEURIZATION:
Vitamin C
Raw milk but not pasteurized can resolve scurvy. “. . . Without doubt. . . the explosive increase in infantile scurvy during the latter part of the 19th century coincided with the advent of use of heated milks. . .” (Rajakumar, Pediatrics. 2001;108(4):E76).
Calcium
Longer and denser bones on raw milk (Studies from Randleigh Farms).
Folate
Carrier protein inactivated during pasteurization. (Gregory. J. Nutr. 1982, 1329-1338).
Vitamin B12
Binding protein inactivated by pasteurization.
Vitamin B6
Animal studies indicate B6 poorly absorbed from pasteurized milk (Studies from Randleigh Farms).
Vitamin A
Beta-lactoglobulin, a heat-sensitive protein in milk, increases intestinal absorption of vitamin A. Heat degrades vitamin A. Said and others (Am J Clin Nutr. 1989;49:690-694. Runge and Heger. J Agric Food Chem. 2000 Jan;48(1):47-55).
Vitamin D
Present in milk in protein-bound form, assimilation possibly affected by pasteurization. Hollis and others ( J Nutr. 1981;111:1240-1248).
Iron
Lactoferrin, which contributes to iron assimilation, destroyed during pasteurization.
Iodine
Lower in pasteurized milk. Wheeler and others (J Dairy Sci. 1983;66(2):187-95).
Minerals
Lactobacilli, destroyed by pasteurization, enhance mineral absorption (MacDonald and others. 1985).

Economic Potential of Raw Milk:

CONVENTIONAL SITUATION: Thirty cows in a confinement situation; high-protein feed to increase milk production; cows produce 190 hundredweight of milk each year; farmer sells milk to co-op and receives about $12 per hundredweight:
  • Income is about $1.50 per gallon or $68,400 per year
  • Farmer receives no subsidies (only corporate farms get these)
  • Farmer has high cost of feed, vet bills, replacement cows, artificial breeding, interest on equipment loans.
In 2002, dairy farms in the U.S. went out of business at the rate of 16 per day.
DIRECT SALES OF RAW MILK FROM PASTURE-FED COWS: Thirty cows on 100 acres; cows are fed grass, hay and silage from the farm; cows produce 100 hundredweight each per year.
  • Income on raw milk or raw dairy products is $4 - $8 per gallon, or $150,000 - $300,000 per year.
  • If the farmer is making cheese, cream or butter, he has whey and skim milk, free food for pigs
  • Additional farm income from pork, beef, eggs, chicken, produce, etc., possible in a diversified farm based on dairy, could be $50,000 - $100,000 per year.
  • Total gross income to farmer $200,000 - $400,000 per year
  • Costs for feed, vet bills, interest are much lower; no replacement cow costs.
RURAL REVIVAL: Every $1 earned on the farm = $5-7 for the local community; if 10 percent of the population would buy raw milk and other products directly from the farm, we would need 75,000 farms, all making at least $200,000 per year. Raw milk sales hold the potential for a huge rural revival.
CURRENT SITUATION FOR RAW MILK SALES
  • Retail sales are legal in 10 states
  • On-farm sales are legal in 15 states
  • Herd shares are legal in 4 states
  • There is no law on herd shares in 6 states
  • Pet food sales are legal in 4 states, implying that human consumption is feasible
  • Raw milk sales are illegal in 11 states and the District of Columbia
SITUATION IN EUROPE: Raw milk sales legal in England, Wales and most of Europe; sold in vending machines in several European countries.

Fresh, Unprocessed (Raw) Whole Milk: Safety, Health and Economic Issues

Speaking of typical shop milk how much of the milk is grain fed kept in a barn stuff compared to grass fed strolling in the meadows stuff?

Speaking of typical shop milk how much of the milk is grain fed kept in a barn stuff compared to grass fed strolling in the meadows stuff?

I dont know about milk here in sydney like pauls woolies ect.

But in coffs harbour we have a local brand norco. When driving on the way to coffs you can see all the cows in real paddocks eating grass.

We dont get that in sydney. So im not sure about those brands...

We know what happens to us a shumans when we eat what we are not supposed to how would animals be any different. I dont think cows were inteneded to eat corn or soy.

I need to check on what the legislation says about a company being "organic" i.e is it just persticide hormone free or is it "as nature intended".

If anyone has any paramalt organic milk with them can you please post the processor number and organisation that has certified the milk as organic so i can check their guidlines.

Thanks

I know a lot of Victoria is dairy farming country (gippsland area) and I see a lot of cows kept in the meadows but it would be good to know. That way at least we can make sure we get grass fed stuff even if it is not raw.

Well dave you can buy shares in a herd... You can inspect them know where they live and because you own part of them whatever milk they make is divided between the share holders. This is something i am going to be looking into very soon.