• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

9 months, limited gains... Eat more? Help appreciated.

I'll just be very brief, so allow me to give you few points to think about on your journey to getting massive.

1. It's not always the amount of calories you're eating that is at the heart of the no weight gain, but rather it's the digestion and assimilation that is key as well as the amount of extracurricular activities that you may be engaged in.

2. It's paramount to have good flora in your gut to help with the assimilation of the food eaten.

3. Fermented foods such as yogurt do provide your gut with friendly bacteria to help build a positive environment inside your gut which would facilitate assimilation of nutrients and therefore add to your effort in gaining weight.

4. FOS (Fructooligosaccharide) is food (prebiotic) to the probiotics and this are found in foods such as bananas, onions, tomatoes etc. Please see this for more details: Building a healthy foundation

5. Digestive enzymes or at least plenty of raw pineapple and papaya to help digest your protein properly.

6. Just because someone can or have gotten huge by drinking full fat milk does not mean you would. See how you respond to a particular food before embarking on having a ton of it.

Just few points to think about.

Fadi.

Last edited:
"If you want to weigh 200 pounds you need to eat like someone who weighs 200 pounds"

No harm in the seeing the Dr about test etc either - you are at the point where it is, if not already, starting to decline. I know if I was in your situation and could get it I would.

Ive taken myself from 68-80kg in 6months.

First thing, i broke the scales and didnt get a new set. (Ya dont have to break your scales but not using them helps)

Second, eat what ya want ,when ya want, how ya want. Some of this weight will be fat that you put on.

Im all for folks that have time patience for carefully selecting meals with right amount of protien to carb ratio's. I coldnt do that, 3 sometimes 4 meals a day. Breakfast and some snacks were mostly just flat out carbs, oats in the morning, sandwiches whenever and milk milk milk.
I'll see how long it takes me to get to 90 now

Ive lost my 6 pack, (oh noes the fiance cries). Im still fitting into my size 32 shorts, 34s dont have to where a belt now to keep them up.

So fat i wouldnt say i put on a great deal, chest has grown alot, and legs have as well.
I'm hoping to hold 80kg for a month, work hard and back into pounding down food till i get to 90kg.

I prob could of put on alot more weight in this time, im on and off with eating depends how busy at work. I am hardly eating the same amount on weekends as i do during the week. Less structured on weekends. kids give me less of a routine.

Puttin in training is also hard while trying to keep lil kids an pregnant fiance off her feet. So training is usually once every 3 days, sometimes 4. Have been using wendlers 531, with no assistance work lifts arent great but im improving each week.

When i start to platau I just eat more bulk carbs like rice etc and up my protein. I start adding another 2.5 -5kg to all my major lifts. really force that shit.

Soon my body starts to catch up with my craziness