• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

9 months, limited gains... Eat more? Help appreciated.

I eat like what Markos said in this thread. In 9 months (start of the year till now) I've gone from 86kg fat down to 79kg lowest and now to 83kg (cos I'm bulking up to 85kg).

If people living with you aren't questioning why the hell you're buying so much eggs, bacon, steak, chicken, cottage cheese, olive oil, fruits and veggies, you likely aren't eating enough. :D I only drink protein powder straight after a workout (which means only 3 times a week) because in other times, I'm often so full with meat & eggs that I CBF drinking it.

If your wife eats like a sparrow on weekends, let her. Why can't you eat more?

4L is impressive. I tried for a time to drink a bit over 2L while doing 20 rep squats. Too many trips to the bathroom during the day for my liking...

I'm sitting here eating my way through a 750g packet of almonds and into my third litre of milk for the day. I feel like I'm going to vomit, but for some reason I just can't stop! :D

I don't know how you people drink 4ltr a day or more...

Clearly I have been under-eating.

Cheers,
Mike

I'm sitting here eating my way through a 750g packet of almonds and into my third litre of milk for the day
You can't reverse 9 months of under eating in 3 days, you need to eat consistently more over the next 9 months to correct it. Eating like you mentioned above will make you fat, not big.

Lets break it down...

750g of almonds is 4605 cals
3L of milk is 1728 cals

Combined that is over 6300 cals... A bit excessive.

Ok, so quickly scanning over this thread I may have little input but the proof could be in the pudding.

If you had a body fat % of say 25% in January but have a body fat % of say 12-15% now then you have made some good gains.

While your overall body weight is not moving going up nor down you would be putting on hard earned lean muscle mass while loosing that excessive body fat.

Put some pics up from Jan to now, if your body fat % is down but your still at 77kg then I would be happy.

first of all i would do body part measurements.

i would also squat pretty hard twice a week. both times i did that i gained 2kg. PPP is alright, but i would opt for rippetoes SS, you dont need to deadlift 5 sets (my opinion), so i would use that session to squat again.

i've also started doing two shakes a day and that got me up 2kg with the squats.

Drinking 4L of milk is a piece of cake.

I find that number 2's get a bit mucousy though.