• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

To stick with it or not?

buncey

hey guys, i no im a pain in the ass but hey we all need to know the truth and what is the best for our bodys.

im going to start this program

Squat 3x10
Bench Press 3x8
Bent row 3x8
Military Press 3x8
SLDL 3x8
BB Curl 3x8

how long to do this for and how can i change the program over time?:)
cheers

Stick with this for 2 months and you'll see gains for sure. Eat properly, train hard, sleep well and you will definitley see improvement.

You shouldnt need to change the program for up to a year. You just keep progressing. Once you can't go up say 2.5kgs a week you go up 1 to 2 and eat more food. You keep going until you can not progress anymore. This should take about 6 months to a year (hopefully a year as you get faster gains then). After that you can use another program if needed. Or you can dial the weights back a bit and start again building up by 2.5kgs until you can't progress again.
Posted via Mobile Device

Buncey, until you've reached a 100kg bench, 140kg squat and 180kg deadlift. Test these once a month to see where you're up to.

A broad shouldered kid with a solid work ethic (this includes the kitchen) should get there in 6 months.

Wwhenever people stall they always change the program. What about changing the diet? We all try to lift more each week / session but do we try to eat more each week???.....no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Listen to everyone's advice here. I wish I knew this stuff when I was 16.

And above all else, squat three times a week and drink your milk.

so where can i chuck in the extra squat routine? when im doin monday wednesday friday?

You can but what you'll find is when the weights move up you wont want to. Stick with 3 days for a while and see how it goes.

Im confused, this is the third thread you have aske about a program, in the first one you said you have back problems.

Just eat, drink some milk, eat, drink some milk. You get the picture. You are 65kg, in 2 years if you eat up a lot you could be 80-90kg.
Posted via Mobile Device