• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

To stick with it or not?

thanks alot lads. starting the programme tomorrow, keen as ever!
will let u know, how much i lift first time round with the deadlift and squat

Squat; 1x30, 1x40 , 1x40
Bench press; 1x50, 1x50 , 1x50
Bent Row; 1x20, 1x25, 1x25
Military Press; 1x25, 1x25, 1x25
SLDL, 1x60, 1x60, 1x60
BB curl, 1x20, 1x20 1x20

first workout on the new program

Good work getting on the program

To make your log easier to read, try following, weight - sets x reps

so:

Squat;
30 - 1x10
40 - 2x10

Bench press;
50 - 3x8

Bent Row;
20 - 1x8
25 - 2x8

etc
etc
etc

Start a journal in the members training diary section, you may not always get comments but it is great to look back after a few months and see how far you have gone, great for motivation!
Good luck!

great work!
let'd get those squats above the bench press. I'll join you on the journey, im trying to put some distance between my squats and bench too

On another day when you think you can. Maybe monday and friday or any other combination, it'll certainly help with leg strength.

If you are squatting 3 times a week I would just leave it be and keep lifting with the program you have and keep progressing. If you stop getting strength gains in 6 months then think about it. Until then good luck being the strongest guy in your school, because if you keep this up you will be stronger than anyone older than you (as long as they are not a freak or a serious lifter).

You shouldnt need to change the program for up to a year. You just keep progressing. Once you can't go up say 2.5kgs a week you go up 1 to 2 and eat more food. You keep going until you can not progress anymore. This should take about 6 months to a year (hopefully a year as you get faster gains then). After that you can use another program if needed. Or you can dial the weights back a bit and start again building up by 2.5kgs until you can't progress again.
Posted via Mobile Device
I don't want to throw a spanner in the works- but I don't agree that just doing 3 sets of 10 for a year is the optimal way forward.
I may not be an expert, but the way I understand it basic strength training is about finding the balance of specificity and variation- basically you challenge the body- its adapts- adaptation is development and growth- but once the body adapts, performing the same routine will be less challenging- hence less gains. While its true that gradually increasing the loading introduces an element of variation that creates further challenge- most will find thats not enough and progress will decrease (see Zatsiorsky). Many would argue that variation is required for optimal development- variation in the form of varied loads and rep schemes.
So- why not mix up things- a few weeks of 10s, then increase the loading and a few weeks of 8s, then 6s then 5s, then 3s- then reassess???
Or a few weeks of 10s, then some 5/3/1 stuff??

I would squat, deadlift and bench 3 x per week with heavy load.
But you could still do all three 3 x per week like this, as an example:

day 1: moderate heavy squat, light bench, light deadlift- assistance

day 2: moderate heavy deadlift, light bench, light squat- assistance

day 3: moderate heavy bench, light squat, light deadlift- assistance

For moderate/heavy lifts, as an example:
week 1-3- 8reps

weeks 4-7- 6reps

weeks 8-11- 5reps

weeks 12-15 3reps