• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Can you OD from vitamin A from plant sources?

kindred

I can eat like 10 carrots a day raw without even flinching. People keep telling me to go easy on the carrots or ill turn orange. I really dont care if I turn orange but do you think it is dangerous?

edit: Just to clarrify this has nothing to do with a crazy weight loss thing. I just really love carrots. I also love cucumbers but they cost too much. Anyway I eat about 3-5 a day but want to upgrade my carroting to about 10-20 as they taste like candy to me especially the fresh ones. However I dont want to **** my body as its already fairly ****ed.

Last edited:
If you took the wrong turn at albakerkey and also find you are attracted to female rabbits you've eaten too many.

Stop eating them they are high in sugar.

One a day is acceptable.
Posted via Mobile Device

If you took the wrong turn at albakerkey and also find you are attracted to female rabbits you've eaten too many.

Stop eating them they are high in sugar.

One a day is acceptable.
Posted via Mobile Device

I like them because they are high in sugar.

I don't think natural sources of suagar are bad no. There is suagr in all fruit and berries are they bad...

Yes...just because its fruit doesnt mean that the spikes in insulin at the wrong times is ok....taken at the right times i.e at breakfast when blood sugar is low and also after training then yea they are fine...

I like them because they are high in sugar.

Eat twenty then.

At one point I saw a glimmer of hope in you kindred.

I do think you are the type that continually pisses on an electric fence, god bless.
Posted via Mobile Device

I can eat like 10 carrots a day raw without even flinching. People keep telling me to go easy on the carrots or ill turn orange. I really dont care if I turn orange but do you think it is dangerous?

edit: Just to clarrify this has nothing to do with a crazy weight loss thing. I just really love carrots. I also love cucumbers but they cost too much. Anyway I eat about 3-5 a day but want to upgrade my carroting to about 10-20 as they taste like candy to me especially the fresh ones. However I dont want to **** my body as its already fairly ****ed.

Hey Kindred,

the beta-carotene from carrots is a pro-vitamin A so your body will only convert what it needs then discard the rest. You can turn orange... it will just look like a bad fake tan :).. excessive vitamin A is what you need to worry about.. but you should be fine..

On another note.. sugar from fruit and vegies is a double edged sword. Fructose doesn't need insulin to get into cells so you won't get much of a rise in your blood sugar.. but the form in carrots can be quite starchy depending on how its prepared, simialr to potato..

Can you OD from vitamin A from plant sources?
I always find these types of questions to be the easiest of all to answer. Why? Because the answer is always in the question itself if you just look close enough!

OD stand for over-dose, similarly a question that has the phrase: "too much" in it is likewise a given.

So my answer is yes, if you can (and you can) overdose on water, then you can most certainly overdose on anything, anything at all.

Balance will always reign supreme above all else, period!

Fadi.

If you like carrots so much juice about 10 of them after your workout, no you wont turn orange and it really helps after a draining legs session