• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Fight Club

CaT_SPeW

extra crispy
Well i thought i'd start a new thread about all martial arts in general since there seems to be a few people on the forum interested, make this thread about anything to do with martial arts, self defence, punching, kicking, biting and scratching! it would be good also if you state any experience you have so people don't start talking about shit they have no clue about such as myself :D

I'll start:

What style? BJJ hopefully will be adding Muay Thai as well
Time training? 1 month
Current rank? white belt

Last edited:
I got you Dave.

Good on you for getting into it mate, you'll no doubt pick up some great skills and conditioning along the way.

Have you got any plans to do MMA eventually? This seems to be the benchmark discipline of all those martials arts.

Crapate, sorry Karate. Years worth back in my mid teens. Sucked, crap technique, crap sessions, crap sparring.

Very much looking at Daido Juku which has dojo in Footscray. If you don't know what it is look it up, mixture of karate, muy thai, jujuitsu and judo. Lots of good sparring.

I would do Krav Maga due to its efficient dirtiness and teaching methods but there is no where remotely close to me.

What style? MMA
Time training? 3.5 years
Current rank? 3rd Degree Armchair Expert

Just a spectator I'm afraid, mad keen on MMA. I looked into doing some judo earlier this year but decided it wasn't for me.

I would only do any of those disciplines for the fitness aspect of it, and there is better ways to go about that for my liking. I have no interest in belting other guys or getting belted myself. I'm too old for that shiiit. But I love watching it happen to someone else!!!

I just like fight training, no really into getting myself beat up. It leads to problems later on in life. After working in a rehab hospital for old people I can say that I want no major injury and that I will keep myself in good health because it sucks being 65 and having to get a total knee replacement due to an injury earlier on in life.

Got to get into it still though. Training is tuesday and thursdays from 6 and I live 30 minutes from footscray.

There is a muy thai/kickboxing/MMA joint down the road from me so I may end up there if I can't make it to footscray.

I got you Dave.

Good on you for getting into it mate, you'll no doubt pick up some great skills and conditioning along the way.

Have you got any plans to do MMA eventually? This seems to be the benchmark discipline of all those martials arts.

cheers, do you mean competing or just training MMA? right now ive got no intentions of competing, i just love the fitness and theres a bit of a thrill there for me too as ive never been much of a fighter and all of a sudden im doing full contact and i love it, its a bit of a new rush for me. The place im thinking of starting muay thai has MMA classes once a week so im gonna check that out along with the muay thai, i may be able to alternate classes for the hell of it. BJJ will be my main focus right now though.

I live 30 minutes from footscray.
which direction? out west or towards the city?

I did a few years of karate. Then did a few years of hap ki do then a few years of tae kwan do then a few months of boxing and a few months of kin bushi ryu. Done 4 types of karate goju, shotokan, and 2 others that were a mix of the before mentioned.

I really love boxing. My asperation is to lose that fat so i can walk in and not feel like a joke. Every minute i was doing boxing was awsomeness. Best sport there is.

How good is this guy!?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11D_ziH8TPs]YouTube - Tribute to Takeda Kozo - "REAL"[/ame]

Amazing...

yeh i do both at the same place. 1 hr to muay thai then 1 and a half to mma. i rather stand up and fight but theres no harm in ground fighting aswell. i can punch the crap out of my 6'1 110 kg mate but then he trains on the ground and chokes me in no time.

so i checked out the gym near me tonight that offers muay thai, its pretty small but looks ok. had a chat to the owner and he seems like a good guy and i watched a class for about 15 mins. they also offer MMA training on wednesday nights at 7:30-9:00 which would be a great class to take if im held back at work and miss the 6:30-7:30 muay thai class. im gonna go in for my free 1st lesson sometime next week and if it all works out it looks like i'll be doing BJJ tuesdays and thursdays then muay thai/MMA on mondays and/or wednesdays depending on how often the missus complains about me never being home!

I got you Dave.

You're gonna be a wrecking machine in no time, mate. We'll have to organise a PTC MMA comp, you'll shit it in.

I recommend you also train for keyboard warfare. We need someone to get stuck into n00bs. I don't understand a f***ing thing he says about nutrition so I'm unequipped for battle. It's up to you Dave!!