• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

2010 Mr Olympia thread

What kinda training would these guys do?

i always wonder how hectic comp body builders training is..

You'll never understand the role of food.

Jay Cutler eats 6500 calories a day, and has NO red meat or chicken, just fish.

Try that sometime, see if you can eat for 1 day like Jay Cutler, I doubt it.

There would be 50 guys on here who could do Jays training program for a year, I've seen it, its gay, SLDL in a Smith Machine, he even tells people its not hardcore.

When are young guys going to f u c k i n g listen.

You'll never understand the role of food.

Jay Cutler eats 6500 calories a day, and has NO red meat or chicken, just fish.

Try that sometime, see if you can eat for 1 day like Jay Cutler, I doubt it.

There would be 50 guys on here who could do Jays training program for a year, I've seen it, its gay, SLDL in a Smith Machine, he even tells people its not hardcore.

When are young guys going to f u c k i n g listen.

Im just wondering how long the guy would spend in the gym.
Figure if he's on roids he wouldnt really need to have much rest.

Unbelievable

C'mon Markos, everyone has to start somewhere. Heck before I had lifted a weight in my life, I thought protein powders were for cheaters looking for the easy way out and akin to steroids!

...But asking if they're on gear. Some things should just be obvious.

It was a great battle between Phil and Jay in the end, I really thought Phil had the edge.

And I'll agree, the 202's I believe where better overall.

Mitch, its the constant focus on the training.

I would guess, looking at how many gyms are packed these days, that there would be tens of thousands lifters training as often or as hard as Jay in Australia alone.

I also doubt that there is a single lifter emulating Jay at the dinner table for even a couple of days, let alone year after year.

I guess it goes back to what people see and the fact that logic and common sense no longer exists.

We see pics of Jay training, on the web, magazines, everywhere, pretty exciting too.

Not much excitement watching him shovel food in his mouth 8 times a day.

So people see him training, and they think thats the key, no matter how much you explain it to them, they are incapable of comprehending what they dont see.

Cutlers training routines are plastered everywhere, anyone can do them, why doesnt anyone doing them look remotely like him.

Please dont say steroids, I know shitloads of people on them, none can even compare to his skeleton lol

I dont know a single person who eats like he does, not even close.

i know he eats alot. I never at all said i didnt already know that.

I just like looking into different method's, diets, How heavy they lift etc just to see how a human of this size can exist.

Clearly its diet, roids and gym. Cause just diet isnt going to get a man to this size.

I know people who eat that much. its called americans.. they are all fat.

Really, did you just say that or is someone hacking into your computer.

This is ausbb you know, a BB forum, WTF are you talking about

i thought forums were places to learn stuff.
But i guess im wrong.

I wont bother asking anything else

i thought forums were places to learn stuff.
But i guess im wrong.

I wont bother asking anything else

Drain,

Please take a look at the threads on training where several programs are on offer like here for example: Beginners; Look Here!

Now all you've got to be concerned with is applying some serious effort to each and every rep that you perform during the prescribed sets, eat enough to add some muscles, do this consistently for no less than 3 months before anything else and then we'll talk.

In the meantime, our conversation should be based not on what the pros are doing but on what we ought to be doing instead. Now if my tone sounds a bit disrespectful, then please forgive me mate because I as well as Markos do mean well, but we would also appreciate it when beginners do listen to what we're saying.

Fadi.

Drain,

Please take a look at the threads on training where several programs are on offer like here for example: Beginners; Look Here!

Now all you've got to be concerned with is applying some serious effort to each and every rep that you perform during the prescribed sets, eat enough to add some muscles, do this consistently for no less than 3 months before anything else and then we'll talk.

In the meantime, our conversation should be based not on what the pros are doing but on what we ought to be doing instead. Now if my tone sounds a bit disrespectful, then please forgive me mate because I as well as Markos do mean well, but we would also appreciate it when beginners do listen to what we're saying.

Fadi.

hey all good mate. Im not a kid or anything. Ive been going to the gym roughly for 3 years. Tried different things, including compound beginner workouts when i started then did isolation different body parts per day.. Obviously some stuff needs work and thats kinda why ive came here. I just read some stuff, then read other stuff and try different things.. Different diets and just some things havent progressed. This could be from over training or technique.

Fitness, training and diet etc is all so different depending what u read.
So at the end of the day whats right? whats wrong? I just ask questions cause its good to know who does what. Does different things etc. This doesnt mean i will try it. Try eating 7000 calories a day or take steroids.
Ill post some pics in members pics.

These guys virtually risk their lives to be in this condition.
I would never like to emulate their dedication.
they ar freaks in every sense.

i watched marcus rhul in one of his vids demolish 10,000 calorie diet in a day once.. I think he ate through half a farm through of chicken and one cow. :eek:

used to live in florida and different parts of american.

the food a normal american eats is outta control. Costco kinda deals are seriously at every supermarket nearly.
It's so cheap.

Mitch, its the constant focus on the training.

I would guess, looking at how many gyms are packed these days, that there would be tens of thousands lifters training as often or as hard as Jay in Australia alone.

I also doubt that there is a single lifter emulating Jay at the dinner table for even a couple of days, let alone year after year.

I guess it goes back to what people see and the fact that logic and common sense no longer exists.

We see pics of Jay training, on the web, magazines, everywhere, pretty exciting too.

Not much excitement watching him shovel food in his mouth 8 times a day.

So people see him training, and they think thats the key, no matter how much you explain it to them, they are incapable of comprehending what they dont see.

Cutlers training routines are plastered everywhere, anyone can do them, why doesnt anyone doing them look remotely like him.

Please dont say steroids, I know shitloads of people on them, none can even compare to his skeleton lol

I dont know a single person who eats like he does, not even close.

Good point Markos. It's funny, the most interesting thing I find about what pro's do is how the eat. It's astonishing. I mean Kai in the off season was eating roughly 5-6lbs of meat a day! And that's just meat, no rice/potatoes anything else. Add the same again in carbs. It's the hard work they put in at the dinner table that get's them there.

Same thing with watching any of Ronnie's DVD's. I like any and all parts about him preparing his food, eating and seeing how he goes about it. Leading upto the '08 Olympia he was doing a form of carb cycling. His low day's were still around 300~g of carbs. That's a normal/higher day of carbs for your average Gym rat.

I do see your point with people only focusing on training. I was one of them once.