• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bed Workout!!! - For Fadi.

k_21

It's not what you think ppl.

Anyway I downloaded Fadi's Gospel from the
forum and started reading it. I came across the
above topic within the first few pages.

It's got me intrigued. So Fadi can you please
illustrate your point about 'visualisation' via
an example. :)

Thanks
Devante.

It's not what you think ppl.

Anyway I downloaded Fadi's Gospel from the
forum and started reading it. I came across the
above topic within the first few pages.

It's got me intrigued. So Fadi can you please
illustrate your point about 'visualisation' via
an example. :)

Thanks
Devante.

Okay Devante, since you've downloaded what I've written, then please read the article called Your first thought. Now in that article I talk about that negative chatter box that dwells inside of our head and how we have the power to change it to a positive type of reinforcement.

The aspect to visualisation is where you go from sight (what you can see with your eyes) into insight, that which is seen with your "heart" or senses other than your eyes. Here visualisation projects you from where you're physically at, to where you really want to be (in the gym for instance). With your eyes shut, you can now mentally see your successful workout unfolding before your very mind eye. You're going through it, lifting the weights and feeling great about it.

The next day (or so) when you go to the gym, the workout you're about to do (which is in the future) has already been done (in your head). Now you physically go through the motions "tracing" over what already has been a smashing workout!

You may have seen a high jumper at the Olympics going through her jump whilst standing in preparation of it. Your mind is such a powerful tool that it would be a real shame not to use it as part of the "seen" training. To me, this is what "training behind the scene" really means, so let's bring it alive by using our most powerful tool of all; our brain!

I hope that somewhat answers your question Sir.

Fadi.

Last edited:
I'll just interject with something.....

In the book 'the 7 habits of highly effective people', Steph talks about how everything is created twice. First in the mind then in the world. I've taken the approach to sending 10-15 mins before my training thinking about my grainy session. How I'll feel and look catching the bar. Squatting like a pro. Pulling with great technique and lots of power.

Than when push comes to shove and I'm training im better equipped.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks to all who responded.

I've been doing this in other areas of
my life.. However, doesn't seem to be
getting the results I'm expecting.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong; or maybe I just
don't have enough 'conviction' when I 'mentally
rehearse'...

I keep having this nagging feeling in the back
of mind (I call it the inner skeptic) saying things
like... you know this bull$h!t ain't gonna work!,
Who are you trying to kid??, etc...:mad:

Anyone experience this? How to TOTALLY decrease
this inner-skeptic???:eek:

Thanks
Devante.

Thanks to all who responded.

I've been doing this in other areas of
my life.. However, doesn't seem to be
getting the results I'm expecting.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong; or maybe I just
don't have enough 'conviction' when I 'mentally
rehearse'...

Devante.

there's obviously a connection problem then. You're either not being realistic about your performance, you don't believe it enough (not sold on the idea), or something else. Try something easier, for example mentally picture yourself doing a typical set of squats, with some great form. Chest high, back straight, legs pushing into the ground..........

For me, this sort of technique has had a massive effect on my life inside & outside of the gym. I've kicked some amazing goals over the last 18 months.

Max-ot went into this in their program. I've adopted this focus since using it for the first time a few years back. The thing I find hard is when I bite off more then I can chew and fail a lift I loose my focus.

Fadi I love your dedication to making the mind as healthy as the body. If I end up half the man you are or half the dad you are I would have done well in life. Your patience and kind words are truley inspiring.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fadi I love your dedication to making the mind as healthy as the body. If I end up half the man you are or half the dad you are I would have done well in life. Your patience and kind words are truley inspiring.
Posted via Mobile Device

We are equal brother and God willing you'll be better than I am when you're my age. I sincerly wish you all the very best Sir and I thank you deeply for your wonderful words and the respect you're showing me. You most certainly have a magnificent demeanour about you Gouche and I love you for that.

Fadi.

Last edited: