• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

ProRaw Powerlifting

mmmm prize money, that should cover all the defects and fines i'd get if i entered victoria. nah j/k

I got the feeling this is the start of something big

Sounds awesome. The fewer divisions idea is great. I've always felt that there are too many bloody divisions in powerlifting and weightlifting. Having one guy in an entire division at a National and two guys competing in a World Championship in a division is just silly.

I don't quite understand the rising bar rule though. Is there a full description of that somewhere?

Say your deadlifting, and you call

1st attempt 190
2nd attempt 200
3rd attempt 210

And your competitors all open at 212.5kg and over, then you follow yourself for all 3 lifts, with a 3 minute break after the bar is loaded, its the way powerlifting used to be when we had competition.

The bar weight never goes down.

Learning the tactics plays a big role here, you can "force" a guy to take a weight he cant make

Makes for awesome comps if a win comes down to the deadlift. Anyone at the last Aus day comp would agree.

I'll be interested to see what I can move with knee wraps. No way I'll be coming down to the 105s if Gregg is going to be there.

No way I'll be coming down to the 105s

Excellent. You stay in your 125kg and leave me a chance. Infact I think I'm going into your AD thread to subtley sabotage you.

This sounds like a whole heap of fun. A gathering of some strong strong people.

Excellent. You stay in your 125kg and leave me a chance. Infact I think I'm going into your AD thread to subtley sabotage you.

I like your style, the games have already begun.

Good luck to your new venture Markos, I hope it takes off well.

That's the same rules for weightlifting. I got beat by a guy in my first comp due to that method. He smashed me. Weight can only stay the same or go up......that's right....yeah)
Posted via Mobile Device

This sounds like a whole heap of fun. A gathering of some strong strong people.

Pffft you wont need to worry about me if Gregg competes.

He could easily go 270, 165, 280 with just a belt and wraps at 97, easy!

This got me pretty pumped!

ProRaw is coming.........cash prizes and most of all, the one thing that is missing..........................competition in the weight classes.

Imagine

Daryl
Blake
Max
Kelly
Nico
Scott
Michael
Dim
Alvin
Matt

all lifting in the same division, not separated by age or pissy little 7.5kg increments, just 4 divisions all up, including age and weight.

Rising bar, no token lifts, no 4th attempts, one weight division per flight.

Finally, it will actually be a COMPETITION, not an exhibition.

Max flew half way around the World, 150 lifters in total, ONLY 2 GUYS in his DIVISION.

Some Federations have over 1000 divisions, raw, single ply, multi ply, tested, non tested, 12 weight classes, 15 age divisions, men, women.

You end up with 1000+ National or World Champions .......

AND NO COMPETITION

Time for a change...............ProRaw

This has been in the back of my mind for a VERY long time, its not something I thought up last night.

I feel I have asked myself every question that could be asked, so I already know the answers.

Someone asked tonight " why should I compete if I know I have no chance of winning the money"

I replied how much money he was competing for in his last 2 comps.

ProRaw is about making powerlifting a competition again, thats it.

When we go watch a football, basketball or soccer match, we dont go hoping to see some record broken, we go to see a contest.

I know the PTC guys are missing that. Powerlifting in Australia, and even the US simply doesnt have enough competitors to have 12 weight classes and 16 age divisions or whatever it is.

52kg
56kg
60kg
67.5kg
75kg
82.5kg
90kg
100kg
110kg
125kg
140kg
140+kg

13-15
16-17
18-19
20-23
24-32
33-39
40-44
45-49
50-54
54-59
60-64
65-69
70-74
75-79
80-84
85-89

Then there is raw and equipped, men and women.

I know Spiros wants to compete heads up with Nick, 20 years age difference, Nina hates that she lifts alone in masters, Daryl can hold his own in the open, he has 7 years before he's in the open etc.

Four mens weight classes and no age divisions, thats all we need. If your 75kg, eat up.

If things go to plan I hope to get a Monolift. Initially, all the money will go to securing the best equipment I can, then divided up for the winners.

I know lots of people like the fact they can lift in International Competition with established feds. I too love that, its why Max and other PTC lifters will continue with CAPO/WPC, but here is a news flash.

CAPO has over 160 members, Max was the only Aussie to go to the Raw Worlds.

PA have even more. At the recent IPF Junior Worlds, Chris Caltabiano was the only Australian.

So while going to the Worlds is a fantastic thing, were hooked and we'll be going every year, reality is most will never make the trip.

Most know I ran my comps at a loss for 4 years, because I wanted lifters to lift. AD10 was massive, one of the best comps anyone could see.

Coming down to the final lift of the day, a PB and PTC Record to win, after Nick had called for a weight he'd never ever attempted, and made it, is what competition is all about. Those present will never forget it.

Now imagine that improved 100%. Dont come planning to win cash, come planning to be in a contest. There is no doubt Nick & Chris have made each other much stronger due to this competition.

If you have any other queries, please ask. There are no stupid questions.

Nice attitude, life is too short to be small Daryl lol

Daryl at 85kg will take some beating fellas, he is up to 73kg and repping his WR lifts lol

Nope, most weight wins, heads up lifting, run what you brung.

With Wilks or Glossbrenner, why even bother with weight classes?

Thats what they currently do in CAPO and such.

They group all the women together, open, sub masters and masters, work out a Glossbrenner score, and select a winner.

As an example from this years Nats, in the raw section, we had 9 women in 9 divisions, so they all won a NC in their division, but because it would be idiotic to hand out 9 trophies, they group all 9 women together and use Glossbrenner to decide a winner.

1st place lifted in the 67.5kg open class
2nd place lifted in the 67.5kg masters 44-49 class
3rd place lifted in the 60kg open class
4th place was in the 52kg masters 50-54 class

Thats not right in my opinion.

Pffft you wont need to worry about me if Gregg competes.

He could easily go 270, 165, 280 with just a belt and wraps at 97, easy!

Guess I'll resign myself to getting a shit ton stronger then eh? January is it? I can so add 70+kg to my Dead and 90+kg to my squat in that time!...

It'll still be fun.