• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Kinda healthy bars!

Ok, so Im making my own muesli bars now and this is the one I just made.
The reason its "kinda healthy" is because of the sugar/butter and honey.

You need 8-9 cups of dry ingredients. I used;

*4 cups oats

*1 cup sultanas

*3 cups of differnt types of raw nuts Macadamia/Peanut/Hazelnut/Wallnuts/Almonds. Put into a bag, break into smaller chunks.

*1 cups of various seeds

Put into a tray and mix around.

then put 3/4 cup of butter into a pot and melt on low heat.
add 3/4 cups of raw honey into the pot. Stir till they mix.
add 1/4 cup brown sugar, stir till they mix.
cook for another few mins. you should be able to place a drop of this goo into some water and it not dissolve. It should ball up and sink. When this happens take it off the heat.

Pour over your dry ingredients and mix super well. Make sure you get everything wet with your liquid. This liquid is what is going to hold all the stuff together. If you dont mix it well enough you will end up with some muesli bars...... and some muesli :D

Add 1/2 cup of coconut oil to the empty pot, melt on low heat.
Pour all over the muesli.

grab 4 pieces of lindt 85% dark choclate and break into small bits. Scatter on top.

Leave for 2 mins, then pop the sucker into the fridge.

Hmm do you stevia? I'm using honey. Or do you mean more?

Either way, they failed. Not quite sticky enough. It's a bit crumbly.
I'll get the missus to fix it when she gets home. I'll let you know what she has done.
Posted via Mobile Device

i make something silmilar to this:

honey, natty PB, nuts, protein powder, sultanas, oats, wheat germ. mix it all up with a bit of water and spread it out on a tray and refrigerate.